• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alien Contact: Mass Panic?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Question: If it was officially disclosed to the public that the USA had secretly been in contact with aliens for decades and that aliens certainly existed and were here would there be mass panic?

In 1938 a radio dramatisation of The War Of The Worlds by HG Wells and directed by Orson Wells caused mass panic when people thought it was an actual news broadcast.

It really did cause terror!

You can hear the broadcast embedded on this wikipedia page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_War_of_the_Worlds_(1938_radio_drama)

Basically, mass panic ensued!

If this happened today, what would happen?

I don't think mass panic.

If it truly happened we'd know
And if it didn't truly happen we'd know too. Pic related.

First of all, only one broadcast source would carry it so people would notice that it wasn't on all the news sources - indeed there would be nothing on the internet. If aliens came I'd imagine it would be all over the internet. Also, if it was going on on a non-news channel we'd figure out it wasn't news.

I don't think the events of 1938 could ever be repeated.

Also, we are now used to the idea of aliens. I believe Star Trek - which began in I believe 1964 was set up by the American secret state (in collaboration with Hollywood) to equip people with the concepts necessary to understand what aliens are like and what their intentions are. Basically: friendly and good!

Spock: a friendly alien

Look at Spock and The Federation. Spock is an alien, but he's kind and benign. The Federation is similar to Earth's United Nations. It is basically an inter-civilisational alliance, with lofty humanitarian ideals.

I believe Star Trek is a part of a campaign of "soft disclosure" orchestrated by the American secret state to soften us up for the truth

Because of Star Trek people will now be equipped to understand what on Earth is going on when disclosure of alien contact is announced. Way better equipped than in 1938.

I believe there is such an organisation in real life

I believe there is an inter-stellar alliance similar to The Federation in Star Trek and that humankind are scheduled to join it - indeed we may even be members and have a seat at the table! I believe it is very much like Earth's UN.

How might contact be disclosed to the human public?

I'd say an address to the United Nations by the USA, who I believe is the entity that has been in contact with ET, on behalf of all humankind. I believe the aliens singled out the USA as they were the first to develop atomic weapons.

The first nation to develop nukes was the power the aliens chose to deal with.
But if Nazi Germany did I don't think they'd be friendly or that Earth would be admitted to The Federation.

I believe that I personally have a part to play in this.

I believe that once a species reaches a certain level of development that God sends an intermediary (or even intermediaries?) between him and that species.

I have a channel of communication open to God
Think of me as one of humankind's radio operators!

I believe I am such a person. An intermediary who represents God to humankind. I hesitate to use the term "prophet", I think "contact" would be a better word. I am here more for practical reasons rather than spiritual reasons. I am here to help the people of Earth to understand that the aliens are good and not a threat.

With my help the human authorities can better deal with the aliens - who also have their own radio operator (or radio operators?)

I believe that I personally will have a part to play once contact has been disclosed. Indeed I believe this post is me doing my job!

Hopefully all I've said will quietly sink in so that when you hear the news you won't be shocked - indeed hopefully you will feel like celebrating!

This is from my website/blog
Click here for more!

Last edited:

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
It reads ok, i thought the comments of Haim Eshed were related and that you would enjoy reading it.
aaaah, I thought you meant you'd facepalmed at what I wrote!

Thanks for sharing, I've looked at it and am not sure what to make of it

But maybe this is the next stage of disclosure!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
aaaah, I thought you meant you'd facepalmed at what I wrote!

Thanks for sharing, I've looked at it and am not sure what to make of it

But maybe this is the next stage of disclosure!

It was the article i facepalm, not your OP, sorry for the confusion

Heyo

Veteran Member
Question: If it was publicly disclosed that the USA had secretly been in contact with aliens for decades and that aliens certainly existed and were here would there be mass panic?
80%: Slow news day?
15%: Aliens? Meh.
4%: Aliens? I want to see them.
0.9%: The military can handle them.
0.09%: Get prepper pack.
0.01% Mass panic.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
80%: Slow news day?
15%: Aliens? Meh.
4%: Aliens? I want to see them.
0.9%: The military can handle them.
0.09%: Get prepper pack.
0.01% Mass panic.
But what if it was announced by a government source?

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
What if the government publicly paraded an alien or an alien delegation in front of the world's media?
There would immediately be an internet conspiracy theory that they were just animatronics or people in costumes, that it was all fake news, an attempt by the New World Order to deceive and control us...:confused::mad:o_O:(:p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:

Heyo

Veteran Member
What if the government publicly paraded an alien or an alien delegation in front of the world's media?
News about aliens have been fake or simply wrong for decades. You can't outweigh that with just one message. You'll need multiple, trustworthy experts stating clearly and on multiple occasions that there are real aliens, where they come from, what technology they have and what their presence will mean for us.
(And if it doesn't mean that my life will change to the positive, the reaction is still "meh".)

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Question: If it was officially disclosed to the public that the USA had secretly been in contact with aliens for decades and that aliens certainly existed and were here would there be mass panic?

In 1938 a radio dramatisation of The War Of The Worlds by HG Wells and directed by Orson Wells caused mass panic when people thought it was an actual news broadcast.

It really did cause terror!

You can hear the broadcast embedded on this wikipedia page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_War_of_the_Worlds_(1938_radio_drama)

Basically, mass panic ensued!

If this happened today, what would happen?

I don't think mass panic.

If it truly happened we'd know
And if it didn't truly happen we'd know too. Pic related.

First of all, only one broadcast source would carry it so people would notice that it wasn't on all the news sources - indeed there would be nothing on the internet. If aliens came I'd imagine it would be all over the internet. Also, if it was going on on a non-news channel we'd figure out it wasn't news.

I don't think the events of 1938 could ever be repeated.

Also, we are now used to the idea of aliens. I believe Star Trek - which began in I believe 1964 was set up by the American secret state (in collaboration with Hollywood) to equip people with the concepts necessary to understand what aliens are like and what their intentions are. Basically: friendly and good!

Spock: a friendly alien

Look at Spock and The Federation. Spock is an alien, but he's kind and benign. The Federation is similar to Earth's United Nations. It is basically an inter-civilisational alliance, with lofty humanitarian ideals.

I believe Star Trek is a part of a campaign of "soft disclosure" orchestrated by the American secret state to soften us up for the truth

Because of Star Trek people will now be equipped to understand what on Earth is going on when disclosure of alien contact is announced. Way better equipped than in 1938.

I believe there is such an organisation in real life

I believe there is an inter-stellar alliance similar to The Federation in Star Trek and that humankind are scheduled to join it - indeed we may even be members and have a seat at the table! I believe it is very much like Earth's UN.

How might contact be disclosed to the human public?

I'd say an address to the United Nations by the USA, who I believe is the entity that has been in contact with ET, on behalf of all humankind. I believe the aliens singled out the USA as they were the first to develop atomic weapons.

The first nation to develop nukes was the power the aliens chose to deal with.
But if Nazi Germany did I don't think they'd be friendly or that Earth would be admitted to The Federation.

I believe that I personally have a part to play in this.

I believe that once a species reaches a certain level of development that God sends an intermediary (or even intermediaries?) between him and that species.

I believe I am such a person. An intermediary who represents God to humankind. I hesitate to use the term "prophet", I think "contact" would be a better word. I am here more for practical reasons rather than spiritual reasons. I am here to help the people of Earth to understand that the aliens are good and not a threat.

With my help the human authorities can better deal with the aliens - who also have their own radio operator (or radio operators?)

I believe that I personally will have a part to play once contact has been disclosed. Indeed I believe this post is me doing my job!

Hopefully all I've said will quietly sink in so that when you hear the news you won't be shocked - indeed hopefully you will feel like celebrating!

This is from my website/blog
Click here for more!
In the US, gun sales would probably go up. But that doesn't seem to take much stimulation.

All believers represent their beliefs.

We all have a part to play in any situation we are involved in. Public alien contact would involve the entire population of the world.

Personally, I am not too concerned about the idea. It does not impact what I will be doing today.

ecco

Veteran Member
You believe. You don't know?

I believe there is an inter-stellar alliance similar to The Federation in Star Trek

I believe I am such a person. An intermediary who represents God to humankind.

Why don't you get on the "radio" to God and find out what's really going on before you make a post like this?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member

Why don't you get on the "radio" to God and find out what's really going on before you make a post like this?
OK, I do know. Well, I claim to know.

Unless the person on the other end is lying to me, which I don't think he is

I didn't want to come over as proselytising so minded my languague