• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alien Abductions

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
I was watching this 'documentary' on alien abductions.

Notice how the woman is clearly just lying:

1) Looking away and down to the right. It means that she's recalling untrue events that she's experienced (as opposed to looking away and up to the right, which is recalling an untrue event you've seen), or looking away and directly to the left, which would be recalling untrue events you've heard.

2) There's no stress in her voice. She sounds like she's talking about a movie she saw, rather than a traumatic experience upon which a medical experiment was performed on her. If you view footage of women who've actually been raped compared to women who lied about it, you'll see the sorts of differences i'm talking about.

3) disfluencies (uh and uhms) are too common (as well as speech correction) for someone telling the truth.

4) mouth shrug (brief frown) which is also a sign of a lie.

5) Use of the past tense: She speaks about the whole thing entirely in the past tense. This can be an indicator of psychopathy (if it were true), but it's also an indicator of lying. People who have suffered a trauma often speak about it repeatedly in the present tense (even if it happened a while back) because, in their minds, they're reliving the event as they recall it. This woman clearly isn't and is, therefore, full of ****.

6) her account of the 'hybrids'. She basically says they injected sperm into her egg and made a hybrid. Biggest load of bollocks I've ever heard. Genetics simply doesn't work that way no matter what kind of technology you have.

So, she's obviously lying.

But the question then is: Are any of these stories true?

Answer? NO.

Why?

Why would beings who have just flown across the galaxy/universe/whatever or come from another dimension in a space ship then proceed to experiment on people like 19th century doctors using primitive medical equipment (drills, etc?). WE have more advanced techniques than this (3d imaging, etc) and we can't build spaceships like aliens apparently can.

Technological trends indicate that the more advanced you are, the less likely you are to send manned vehicles into space. Back in the 60's we sent men to the moon because we had no way of finding out what it was like there. Once we'd invented unmanned craft, we stopped sending people. If we could develop a telescope that could see a penny on the surface of mars from earth, we'd stop sending craft into space altogether, there'd be no need.

The fact we have telescopes that see other galaxies means that they have better ones than us and, therefore, less reason to come within earth's atmosphere even if they do have spaceships still (although it would be highly antiquated to do so by that point).

Also, abducting people is a very primitive way of doing things. Back in days of yore, if you wanted to question a spy, you abducted him and tortured him to find out what he knew. Then we developed sensitive surveillance hardware and it was no longer routine to abduct spies just to find out what they knew - you could get a general sense of what they were up to using remote surveillance equipment. Thee same would be true of aliens in relation to finding out about the earth, just incredibly more advanced.

Then there's the exobiological problems. The typical 'grey' biologically speaking hints at a creature that grew up in a planet distant from the sun (hence the large eyes for seeing nocturnally) and with low gravity (hence the spindly limbs - you don't need muscle mass in low gravity). That means the moment they stepped out of their craft, they'd be reduced to a rather unappealing pancake type affair.

Parsimony

Technological trends indicate that the more advanced you are, the less likely you are to send manned vehicles into space. Back in the 60's we sent men to the moon because we had no way of finding out what it was like there. Once we'd invented unmanned craft, we stopped sending people. If we could develop a telescope that could see a penny on the surface of mars from earth, we'd stop sending craft into space altogether, there'd be no need.
There would still be plenty of reason to send spaceships into space. You couldn't use such a telescope to perform chemical analysis on soil or search for unicellular life or fossils buried deep beneath the surface of Mars, Europa, Enceladus, etc. You also can't colonize other planets and moons just by looking at them through a telescope.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I am by now inclined to believe something we don't understand is truly going on.

Come now:rolleyes:

Why would beings who have just flown across the galaxy/universe/whatever or come from another dimension in a space ship then proceed to experiment on people like 19th century doctors using primitive medical equipment (drills, etc?). WE have more advanced techniques than this (3d imaging, etc) and we can't build spaceships like aliens apparently can.

The fact we have telescopes that see other galaxies means that they have better ones than us and, therefore, less reason to come within earth's atmosphere even if they do have spaceships still (although it would be highly antiquated to do so by that point).

Also, abducting people is a very primitive way of doing things. Back in days of yore, if you wanted to question a spy, you abducted him and tortured him to find out what he knew. Then we developed sensitive surveillance hardware and it was no longer routine to abduct spies just to find out what they knew - you could get a general sense of what they were up to using remote surveillance equipment. Thee same would be true of aliens in relation to finding out about the earth, just incredibly more advanced.

Then there's the exobiological problems. The typical 'grey' biologically speaking hints at a creature that grew up in a planet distant from the sun (hence the large eyes for seeing nocturnally) and with low gravity (hence the spindly limbs - you don't need muscle mass in low gravity). That means the moment they stepped out of their craft, they'd be reduced to a rather unappealing pancake type affair.

Please, we are dealing with things beyond our knowledge. The above makes all kinds of assumptions we don't know are true. We are dealing with things outside the box. I think biological experiments and hybrid creations are likely involved.

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid

1) Looking away and down to the right. It means that she's recalling untrue events that she's experienced (as opposed to looking away and up to the right, which is recalling an untrue event you've seen), or looking away and directly to the left, which would be recalling untrue events you've heard.
nope that' a myth looking in any direction while talking is not a sign of lying:
Myth #5 – Looking up and to the left is a sign of lying

The research shows that which way you look before answering a question is unrelated to whether you are lying.
The 8 Biggest Myths About Lying According To The Best Human Lie Detector In The World - Forbes
and in depth here:
Myth Busted: Looking Left or Right Doesn’t Indicate If You’re Lying | Science | Smithsonian

Nope again this is a myth:
“Micro Expressions Are Signs Of Lies”
False. If Lie To Me‘s Cal Lightman can do it, everyone can right? Well no, wrong. Micro Expressions are not signs of lying. They are quick flashes in time of a felt, repressed emotion. In other words, they reveal how we feel.
Lie Spotting: 5 Myths & Truths Every Entrepreneur Should Know | Nicolas Fradet

Answer? NO.
So you are using a clearly fake/hoax vid and using it to "debunk" the whole field?

Why?

Technological trends indicate that the more advanced you are, the less likely you are to send manned vehicles into space. Back in the 60's we sent men to the moon because we had no way of finding out what it was like there. Once we'd invented unmanned craft, we stopped sending people. If we could develop a telescope that could see a penny on the surface of mars from earth, we'd stop sending craft into space altogether, there'd be no need.The fact we have telescopes that see other galaxies means that they have better ones than us and, therefore, less reason to come within earth's atmosphere even if they do have spaceships still (although it would be highly antiquated to do so by that point).
THen why do NASA want to send people back into space? And why would projects like Mars one exist? Using your reasoning, why would the English, French And Spanish send out boats to explore the "new worlds". Human kind is an explorer, always looking for something new. Unmanned spaceships are being used as our current technology has yet to reach a point where going to Mars/Asteroids and beyond is not a suicide mission. So it's easier to send a unmanned rover/spaceprobe as you don't need to feed it.

According to a few Ufologist, they don't care about humans. They are using us like we used to use lab rats. What better "lab" can someone have? a self-populating lab, where if done in secret, the main populace would not know/care, and with a few prods get the main populace to ridicule those that you use?
ZETA 2 RETICULI - HOME SYSTEM OF THE GREYS?

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
I'm an amateur astronomer and have seen some weird stuff in the sky. There's lots of stuff up there including planes and satellites, but generally they move in a fairly predictable way. I've seen objects which suddenly accelerate off at right angles and at crazy speeds, I honestly can't explain them.

I'm more sceptical about abductions, but who really knows?

Wirey

Fartist

2) There's no stress in her voice. She sounds like she's talking about a movie she saw, rather than a traumatic experience upon which a medical experiment was performed on her. If you view footage of women who've actually been raped compared to women who lied about it, you'll see the sorts of differences i'm talking about.

3) disfluencies (uh and uhms) are too common (as well as speech correction) for someone telling the truth.

5) Use of the past tense: She speaks about the whole thing entirely in the past tense. This can be an indicator of psychopathy (if it were true), but it's also an indicator of lying. People who have suffered a trauma often speak about it repeatedly in the present tense (even if it happened a while back) because, in their minds, they're reliving the event as they recall it. This woman clearly isn't and is, therefore, full of ****.

6) her account of the 'hybrids'. She basically says they injected sperm into her egg and made a hybrid. Biggest load of bollocks I've ever heard. Genetics simply doesn't work that way no matter what kind of technology you have.

Answer? NO.

Why?

I was abducted by aliens! My friends and I went out drinking and I passed out in an alleyway next to a gay bar. When I awoke, the aliens had moved me to the front lawn of a college campus and taken off my pants. I was still dripping lubricant from the anal probe!

The weird part is, they left me $20 and a phone number.