• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ALBaghdadi vs Moses: a comparison

cambridge79

we all ( at least i hope ) consider Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi ( the Calif of Isis ) probably one of the top 10 evil men alive, if not the most evil. He rapes, kills, massacre, enslaves, torture, terrorize ( well not exactly him with his own hands but you know what i mean )....majority of muslims too think he is pure evil.

I was wondering, reading Exodus, isn't actually AlBaghdadi doing more or less what Moses did in his time?

Exodus 23,27: God speaking to Moses: "I will send my terror ahead of you and throw into confusion every nation you encounter. I will make all your enemies turn their back and run"

So AlBaghdadi is trying to rally his people behind him in order to establish a state only for his own people where to strictly obey the law of god.
Moses was trying to rally his people behind him in order to establish a state in the promise land for his own people where to strictly obey the law of god.

AlBaghdadi thinks he has the right to kill all the infidels, destroy their temples and things and enslave them.
Moses in the bible is told by god to drive out all the people from the promise land, or kill them or enslave them and brake down their altars, and don't befriend them or mix with them or they will corrupt him.

AlBaghdadi in his land is killing everyone who is not muslim enough according to him.
Moses came down the mountain, found part of his people started to worship a pagan idol and killed 3000 of them.

They both act strictly in the name of God ( one following his words, the other talking directly to him ).

I'm not quoting the actual passages from exodus in order to keep this quick to read but you can easily find they're all there.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus 23&version=NIV

So in the end why if AlBaghdadi is THE DEVIL INCARNATE Moses instead gets so much praise?
I mean if they both did what they did in the name of god shouldn't really be much of an issue that one of them did it 3500 years ago and the other is doing it now.

Last edited:

Jedster

we all ( at least i hope ) consider Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi ( the Calif of Isis ) probably one of the top 10 evil men alive, if not the most evil. He rapes, kills, massacre, enslaves, torture, terrorize ( well not exactly him with his own hands but you know what i mean )....majority of muslims too think he is pure evil.

I was wondering, reading Exodus, isn't actually AlBaghdadi doing more or less what Moses did in his time?

Exodus 23,27: God speaking to Moses: "I will send my terror ahead of you and throw into confusion every nation you encounter. I will make all your enemies turn their back and run"

So AlBaghdadi is trying to rally his people behind him in order to establish a state only for his own people where to strictly obey the law of god.
Moses was trying to rally his people behind him in order to establish a state in the promise land for his own people where to strictly obey the law of god.

AlBaghdadi thinks he has the right to kill all the infidels, destroy their temples and things and enslave them.
Moses in the bible is told by god to drive out all the people from the promise land, or kill them or enslave them and brake down their altars, and don't befriend them or mix with them or they will corrupt him.

AlBaghdadi in his land is killing everyone who is not muslim enough according to him.
Moses came down the mountain, found part of his people started to worship a pagan idol and killed 3000 of them.

They both act strictly in the name of God ( one following his words, the other talking directly to him ).

I'm not quoting the actual passages from exodus in order to keep this quick to read but you can easily find they're all there.

So in the end why if AlBaghdadi is THE DEVIL INCARNATE Moses instead gets so much praise?
I mean if they both did what they did in the name of god shouldn't really be much of an issue that one of them did it 3500 years ago and the other is doing it now.

All good points.

cambridge79

i was looking for this discussion but the search on this forum wasn't giving back nothing, thx to moorphesium to liking this so it showed up in my alerts

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

Did you see him raping?

cambridge79

Did you see him raping?

do i have to assume that just sticking to killing and plundering would make him a decent man according to you?
is this the actual highground you people talk about when talking about people religious people being more moral than unbelievers?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
do i have to assume that just sticking to killing and plundering would make him a decent man according to you?

I don't say he's a decent man but my point is that we don't have any evidence other than hearing
the news which proves nothing.

cambridge79

I don't say he's a decent man but my point is that we don't have any evidence other than hearing
the news which proves nothing.
wait a minute, just to be sure, are you talking about Moses or AlBaghdadi here? just to understand if i have to quote the news or the bible.

cambridge79

Moses is a history, some even deny that he existed, that's my point for both.
the same goes with Albaghdadi, we only hear the news but we see nothing.
we actually see the propaganda he makes for himself, burning people alive, executing them, throwing gays and wizards down the top of buildings, and so on.
That's propaganda isis makes for themselves.
it's not the west making claims about isis, it's isis making claims about isis.

but i'm pretty sure someone will find the way to blame the jews or america before this thread reaches page two, am i wrong?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
we actually see the propaganda he makes for himself, burning people alive, executing them, throwing gays and wizards down the top of buildings, and so on.
That's propaganda isis makes for themselves.
it's not the west making claims about isis, it's isis making claims about isis.

but i'm pretty sure someone will find the way to blame the jews or america before this thread reaches page two, am i wrong?

Many groups are fighting, so it's all a fuss.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
He has been pretty explicit about encouraging it.

We know that the commanders get the 'best' sex slaves. Why would you think he has abstained from this when he considers it a virtuous deed?

What evidence you have other than hearing the news?
I didn't see him saying rape women, so i can't make any judgement without evidence.

I didn't see him saying rape women, so i can't make any judgement without evidence.

Read Dabiq, their propaganda magazine. It has a large article justifying the rape of Yazidis.

They are quite proud of it and see no reason to be ashamed as they view it as permissible under Islamic law.

Their words, not western propaganda.

cambridge79

i think we're missing the point here. Either it is true or false, is of not real importance for this discussion.
The image we have and we condemn nowdays of AlBaghdadi is the one mentioned in opening post.
What i was asking is, according to biblical account, is there any real difference between such figure of AlBaghdadi, wich i hope we all agree in considering the most evil, and the figure of moses, wich many consider almost holy?

cambridge79

I don't get why so much focus on the raping. Let's assume he never said to rape anyone, would it make any difference? Do I have to assume that you agree with him killing infidels?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Read Dabiq, their propaganda magazine. It has a large article justifying the rape of Yazidis.

They are quite proud of it and see no reason to be ashamed as they view it as permissible under Islamic law.

Their words, not western propaganda.

Can you source one?