• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Akhenaten Egyptian God and the Rosicrucian Order

Riders

So I am planning on going to a Gnostic seminar for awhile and eventually I want to visit the Rosicrucian's. I saw on a You tube film that they originated fro Akhenaten the Egyptian Monotheism God. I am just wondering if this is true and what influence Akhenaten has on the group. Any info on this group would be appreciated. I have read it is mysticism and somewhat Egyptian.

So I am planning on going to a Gnostic seminar for awhile and eventually I want to visit the Rosicrucian's. I saw on a You tube film that they originated fro Akhenaten the Egyptian Monotheism God. I am just wondering if this is true and what influence Akhenaten has on the group. Any info on this group would be appreciated. I have read it is mysticism and somewhat Egyptian.
The problem with Egyptian theory is that its littered with lack of understanding sin. Sin is harmful and the Egyptian Gods do not address it.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member

Quester

Well, I'll be back later.

The first problem I have with this is from a line in that article:

"One of the SECRET doctrines maintained by the Rosicrucians, teaches that when H. Spencer Lewis was initiated in France, he was given the PROPHECY that he was the REINCARNATED SOUL of AKHENATEN..."

Historically, reincarnation was exceedingly late arriving on the scene. According to the late Professor Leopold Fischer who did a study on this belief:

In its present form, the way people talk about it today, it is quite
old, but it's not as old as people hope it would be. You have only a
vestigial or marginal mention of something like transmigration in the older
sections of the Veda. There is the first complete mention, though very
brief, in the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad, which is quite old. But the real
assumptions having to do with reincarnation come in the Puranic age, at
the time that the Puranas were composed, and then of course, through
Buddhism. So you might say that it reached a state of common acceptance,
I would think, around 300 B.C., but not earlier. So it is old, but in its
highly articulated form it is not so old — and the way it's talked about
now, that's recent; that's "Theosophical Society."

If reincarnation was even close to being THE explanation people are searching for, then why wasn't it mentioned in the earliest texts (Sumer / Egypt)? Allegedly, it was the created for control by the Aryans.

An example of an "earlier" approach from the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad:

"Upon reaching the moon, they become food. There the gods enjoy them,
just as the priests enjoy the drink of Soma watching the moon wax and
wane. When that ends they enter into space, from space into air, from air
into rain, from rain into the earth. Then they are again offered in the fire of
man, and from there into the fire of a woman so that they can go again to
the other worlds. Thus, they keep rotating." …

Sounds like the stereotypical religious control approach to me.

Quester

Well, I haven't found anything regarding this "prophecy" ... and I guess no one wants to talk about this. It's just another religious case of "your brain hallucinates your conscious reality" ... unless you actually have hard data.