• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Afterlife

King Phenomenon

I’m 100% certain nothing happens after I die. Thank God, there’s one person on earth where that’s not the case, IMO. I believe his death and rebirth will raise me and all the dead, to live again. Not only that, but his birth will bring forth a new earth as well.

Last edited:

King Phenomenon

<sarcasm>
No wonder you chose a debate forum for your opening post.​

</sarcasm>
I came up with a few things as to how I know that nothing will happen after I die. First and foremost, it’s a gut feeling. I believe that only one person on earth has the power to overcome death as you can clearly see from some of my other posts in this thread. This is a gut feeling as well. I can sense his being on earth. He will bring us all back around 1980. I believe God chose this time because it’s the pinnacle of technology. Also, it’s a time where natural resources are abundant and we won’t run out of them. It’s a time that has allowed some time to go by after World War II. It’s a time that pollution hasn’t totally destroyed the Earth. I’m guessing these reasons aren’t good enough to know according to your definition of knowledge, but at least I tried to fulfill your wish for debate as too how I know. Furthermore, it’s in the debate section in case anybody wishes to debate, as you and @Ajax clearly do.

Last edited:

King Phenomenon

Do you have any sense at all where all the animals are going after death?
Earlier I said I wouldn’t have a sense of where another living being is going after they die. That’s not true as I do have a sense of one living being on earth. That man is the one who makes existence possible, as you can see here from some of my other posts. I said that I wouldn’t know basically out of respect.

Last edited:

PearlSeeker

So far I haven't experienced any sign of afterlife so I have no idea. There are people who are supposed to have seen ghosts of the deceased... I believe it can be true but I can't confirm until more evidence is available.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Do you have any sense at all where you’re going after death or is it just a hunch?
I do have a good sense of the afterlife from what I have learned from Near Death Experiences, afterlife communications and those claiming psychic insight into the beyond the physical.

I will go to the astral life plane to reunite and enjoy the beauty and digest lessons of the past like in a scene more beautiful than can be rendered by the cruder physical. I expect that I will eventually reincarnate as a slightly older soul each time.

King Phenomenon

I do have a good sense of the afterlife from what I have learned from Near Death Experiences, afterlife communications and those claiming psychic insight into the beyond the physical.

I will go to the astral life plane to reunite and enjoy the beauty and digest lessons of the past like in a scene more beautiful than can be rendered by the cruder physical. I expect that I will eventually reincarnate as a slightly older soul each time.
Thanks for sharing your insights.

Ajax

Earlier I said I wouldn’t have a sense of where another living being is going after they die. That’s not true as I do have a sense of one living being on earth. That man is the one who makes existence possible, as you can see here from some of my other posts. I said that I wouldn’t know basically out of respect.
Thank you for the respect. It's a sign of good character, especially to people you don't know.
Science (and me) believe strongly without any doubt, that humans are mammals.
Mammals have specific traits.
They are warm-blooded, they have backbones, they have four limbs, they have fur or hair, they all produce milk to feed their young, they have more advanced brains than other animals, they have more or less the same body organs and they are born and die in the same way.
Personally I can not think of any reason why humans should have an afterlife and other mammals shouldn't.

Ajax

He will bring us all back around 1980. I believe God chose this time because it’s the pinnacle of technology.
I'm sorry but you are probably wrongly informed. Science and technology move very fast. Every next year, is the pinnacle of technology.
Also, it’s a time where natural resources are abundant and we won’t run out of them.
The 1980s Ethiopia famine was one of the worst humanitarian events of the 20th century, galvanizing the world's attention to end widespread starvation and save lives. Ethiopia's food shortages and hunger crisis from 1983 to 1985 led to an estimated 1 million famine deaths, according to the United Nations. 1980s Ethiopia famine: Facts, what's changed, how to help
It’s a time that has allowed some time to go by after World War II.
What do you define as "some time" please? Couldn't the 60's, 70s, 90's do? And why not?
It’s a time that pollution hasn’t totally destroyed the Earth.
Real pollution started with the industrial revolution (1780s-1830s) and has continued steadily since then..

:shrug:

Last edited:

Pete in Panama

I believe there’s one individual on earth whose life makes existence possible. When they die, all of existence ends. Then they are immediately reborn to live the same exact life along with all of existence, but that’s for another thread.
Maybe I'm missing something but that's all coming to me as quite an elaborate belief system w/o a lot of observation that you could share w/ anyone. On top of that, why could anyone find meaning if he just lived his life over and over w/o change?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

Well said, in my opinion. I think that learning what others believe about the afterlife is interesting. I'd like to say that this thread and the other thread (this one) in which I'm participating in the paranormal activities forum have been illuminating. It helps me understand what others believe about the afterlife.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
What about the other reasons I gave? Do you think those are frivolous as well?

I never said, nor do I believe, that your 'reasons' are frivolous. I simply don't see them as being coherent. So, for example, you write ...

He will bring us all back around 1980. I believe God chose this time because it’s the pinnacle of technology. Also, it’s a time where natural resources are abundant and we won’t run out of them. It’s a time that has allowed some time to go by after World War II. It’s a time that pollution hasn’t totally destroyed the Earth.

I don't get it. Perhaps it's just me. :(

Pete in Panama

Good grief.
lol!!! well, you got to admit that it's a lot better than "bad grief". Seriously, perhaps our miscommunication comes from the sentence that came right before what you quoted:
...At the same time, if we assume that we have free will w/ the ability to decide things, then we find that we can step out of our space/time to pick one of many possible universes to live in....
Maybe you don't believe you have free will and are just some kind of preprogrammed robot-machine. Knock yourself out then. For me I see myself as making choices, and that requires that I go in my mind to see alternate realities so I can visualize my options. OK, so you can say that my trans-dimensional adventures are all just in my imagination and to that I can't offer any logical argument to refute it. I can also say that you don't exist and I'm just imagining that your posts are ideas that I thought up --and you can't offer any logical argument to refute that either.

Eventually we go w/ the most workable explanation. Then the only problem is whether what's workable for me is workable for you.

King Phenomenon

Maybe I'm missing something but that's all coming to me as quite an elaborate belief system w/o a lot of observation that you could share w/ anyone. On top of that, why could anyone find meaning if he just lived his life over and over w/o change?
Past lives aren’t remembered as everything is gone and new again.