• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Afghanastan

elmarna

When will other contries stop invadeing Afghanastan?
This country has been not left alone with a length of time that starts (that I can find ) in 1810 with the russians and continues with Britian adding to it. On and on countries invaded.
I would not be surprised if ancient Rome gave these people the saddness of invasion as well.
Now the USA is there.
I just wonder why the native peoples are painted as bad guys.
It is in fact; their country!
Yes they know war. Yes they can not remember a era without it.
When do Afghanastanies get a break and find out what life is about without opression.
Yes, I realize there still may be fighting amoung themselves. OR those who support this thinking may be surprised and see a country sick of war and welcomeing a time to live life in the ways of a people in the way they see a good life!

Asking

Personally I think that we should leave Afghanistan and let them to sort out their own problems because in the long term that is the only thing which is going to bring any stability to the country. Unless the people have made a conscious decision to stand up to the local warlords/taliban nothing is going to change in that country.

Flankerl

Wonder if the Taliban gain control then...

Well of course are they going to retake the country.
Them entering Kabul will be quite a sight. Though i doubt that many photos or videos will exist of it. Most reporter will probably already have fled the country.

But its going to be fun for the Taliban.

What i found really really funny were some younger Afghani people i saw on TV. They grew up in ISAF controlled Afghanistan and dont really know anything else. They really loved the freedom their parents just didnt have. But at the same time they wanted ISAF out of their country.
Some people are just stupid.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well of course are they going to retake the country.
Them entering Kabul will be quite a sight. Though i doubt that many photos or videos will exist of it. Most reporter will probably already have fled the country.

But its going to be fun for the Taliban.

What i found really really funny were some younger Afghani people i saw on TV. They grew up in ISAF controlled Afghanistan and dont really know anything else. They really loved the freedom their parents just didnt have. But at the same time they wanted ISAF out of their country.
Some people are just stupid.

Who are you calling stupid, exactly? If you're talking about the Afghani people, then you're not being very fair. Their country has been invaded, destroyed, and destroyed again for decades; you expect them to think long-term and rational? "Stupid" is not the word I'd use..."victim" is.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
When will other contries stop invadeing Afghanastan?
This country has been not left alone with a length of time that starts (that I can find ) in 1810 with the russians and continues with Britian adding to it. On and on countries invaded.
I would not be surprised if ancient Rome gave these people the saddness of invasion as well.
Now the USA is there.
I just wonder why the native peoples are painted as bad guys.
It is in fact; their country!
Yes they know war. Yes they can not remember a era without it.
When do Afghanastanies get a break and find out what life is about without opression.
Yes, I realize there still may be fighting amoung themselves. OR those who support this thinking may be surprised and see a country sick of war and welcomeing a time to live life in the ways of a people in the way they see a good life!

When do Afghanistanis get a break and find out what life is like without oppression ? i think a good start would be to hold Pakistan accountable for all the religious nutjobs they allow to wander (or send) over the border, then once the Afghani Army takes the reigns of fighting in 2014 the coalition should steadiy withdraw.

If the Taliban were to regain control it would be the end of this:

Afghanstar.tv

And back to this,i remember this picture

images

Flankerl

Who are you calling stupid, exactly? If you're talking about the Afghani people, then you're not being very fair. Their country has been invaded, destroyed, and destroyed again for decades; you expect them to think long-term and rational? "Stupid" is not the word I'd use..."victim" is.

So these young Afghani who only remember Taliban rule from their early childhood and LOVE western ideas and lifestyle(basically liberalism) think that everything would be better if ISAF were gone.

Thats stupid. Those boys better start growing a beard soon. And the girls better scrap the idea out of their head to wear anything else than a burqa. Because thats the reality of Taliban rule that will come back.

And for not understanding such simple logic they are indeed quite stupid.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
So these young Afghani who only remember Taliban rule from their early childhood and LOVE western ideas and lifestyle(basically liberalism) think that everything would be better if ISAF were gone.

Thats stupid. Those boys better start growing a beard soon. And the girls better scrap the idea out of their head to wear anything else than a burqa. Because thats the reality of Taliban rule that will come back.

I think these poor young people have been messed with so much over the years that they honestly don't know what they want. Ever hear of the released prisoner who purposely commits another crime so they can go back to prison? Their psyche can't handle "freedom". Even though these people think they want it (and IMO they should indeed have it) they don't know HOW to.

I don't think calling them stupid is appropriate. Uneducated and damaged, yes.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I'm really conflicted on this... I think they deserve not to have foreign soldiers on their soil, but I definitely don't think they deserve a return of the Taliban or to forms of Sharia that fundamentally oppress them.

I'd never wish having to live this kind of life on anyone, but given that foreigners pull out and the Taliban starts trying to oppress people again, I hope those who had enjoyed some freedom fight back.

Bismillah

Submit
How about the other peachy keen aspects of ISAF invasion such as dead men, women, and children? Or the explosion of heroin aided and encouraged by U.S soldiers? Foreign meddling in private affairs? Those are pretty great too right?

For one the NWA will not vanish with the absence of American troops.

Most Afghans don't know about the historical existence of 9/11. Many confuse the Americans as Russian invaders. So yes, try and tell me how these people are stupid fro your armchair because any human in their position would resist foreign occupation.