• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Affirmed Church" ???

Ellen Brown

I noticed a term that is new to me on the Forum today, and am wondering what others think of the term? Some Lutherans (ELCA) would see it as a term that affirms the rights of the LGBT folk. In this case, I suspect that is not what the owner is thinking of.

This sort of petty BS is one of the strong reasons that I am an "Abrahamic Religionist". I wonder what it would take to get my own DIR for that? :) UMmmmm, just being sassy. NOT sorry.

whirlingmerc

I noticed a term that is new to me on the Forum today, and am wondering what others think of the term? Some Lutherans (ELCA) would see it as a term that affirms the rights of the LGBT folk. In this case, I suspect that is not what the owner is thinking of.

This sort of petty BS is one of the strong reasons that I am an "Abrahamic Religionist". I wonder what it would take to get my own DIR for that? :) UMmmmm, just being sassy. NOT sorry.

I think you would have to know the context of "affirmed church" affirmed what? Truth of the scriptures? The apostle's creed? other? It's not obvious based on the word by itself alone
But Open and affirming - Wikipedia explains what it emphasizes and it leans LGBT affirming

Last edited:

Misunderstood

I could not find "Abrahamic Religionist" in a quick search. I was wondering what it is or means?

Ellen Brown

I could not find "Abrahamic Religionist" in a quick search. I was wondering what it is or means?

I am a complete "outsider" as to religion, though did have a long history with the Evangelicals, Mormons and Muslims. My heart is still Muslim, though am conflicted about the role of Jesus the Christ. For reasons that have already been worn through, the Evangelicals threw me out, and the Mormons just wanted a whipping girl. Not angry with anyone anymore, but I won't trust any of them. I believe in God, Allah SWT, or G_d. I see Abraham as a friend of God. The rest is open for discussion. I won't trust or obey any group from here on out, hence Abrahamic Religionist. I can tell you, or find out what lots of different beliefs are, but I'll never be a part of another, "no not one."