• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adam was physically created before the plants and animals

kylixguru

It's the gap of time between Gen 1:1 and verse 2. Most evangelicals denounce it but there's plenty of biblical and geological evidence supporting it.

Learn about it here:

Gap creationism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ok, this particular excerpt stood out to me:

Gap creation allowed religious geologists (who composed the majority of the geological community at the time) to reconcile their faith in the Bible with the new authority of science.

So, obviously we had a shift when there was finally enough credibility to the arguments of the geologists that the planet was much older than the prevailing belief was that the earth was created less than 6,000 years ago.

The Gap Theory was born out of necessity.

Unfortunately, instead of entirely discrediting themselves for now being exposed to have been wrong all along, you want me to dismiss my discoveries that have far more clarity, precision and accuracy in order to adopt this "stop gap" Gap Theory?

I can tell you with 100% surety. The Gap Theory is wrong.

james2ko

Ok, this particular excerpt stood out to me:So, obviously we had a shift when there was finally enough credibility to the arguments of the geologists that the planet was much older than the prevailing belief was that the earth was created less than 6,000 years ago.The Gap Theory was born out of necessity.

I would agree but there's one problem. There is documented evidence the theory pre-dated Darwin and the invention of radio-metric dating by almost 2000 years.

Unfortunately, instead of entirely discrediting themselves for now being exposed to have been wrong all along, you want me to dismiss my discoveries that have far more clarity, precision and accuracy in order to adopt this "stop gap" Gap Theory? I can tell you with 100% surety. The Gap Theory is wrong.

We can prove the validity of the theory from scripture, I gave you Gen 2:4. The wiki article had a few more. I'm sure you have plenty of scriptural references proving the theory wrong. So lets see 'em...

kylixguru

I would agree but there's one problem. There is documented evidence the theory pre-dated Darwin and the invention of radio-metric dating by almost 2000 years.

We can prove the validity of the theory from scripture, I gave you Gen 2:4. The wiki article had a few more. I'm sure you have plenty of scriptural references proving the theory wrong. So lets see 'em...
Please join the discussion here:
http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...creation-cosmic-galactic-planetary-local.html

outhouse

Atheistically
It's the gap of time between Gen 1:1 and verse 2. Most evangelicals denounce it but there's plenty of biblical and geological evidence supporting it.

there is ZERO evidence of any kind supporting it, and to claim geological evidence is almost borerline dishonesty

I haven't read all the prior post so excuse me if this has been mentioned...

I don't think that the garden of Eden was a physical place here on planet earth...

Luke 23:43

King James Version (KJV)

43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

I think that here paradise is also the garden of Eden... NOT HEAVEN!!!

Neither was Adam originally made a physical human being with flesh and blood rather he was made a spiritual being of light...

Genesis 2:7

King James Version (KJV)

7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

It was after the fall that he lost his light and took on skin, and fell down to planet earth...

Genesis 3:21

King James Version (KJV)

21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

kylixguru

I haven't read all the prior post so excuse me if this has been mentioned...

I don't think that the garden of Eden was a physical place here on planet earth...

Luke 23:43

King James Version (KJV)

43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

I think that here paradise is also the garden of Eden... NOT HEAVEN!!!

Neither was Adam originally made a physical human being with flesh and blood rather he was made a spiritual being of light...

Genesis 2:7

King James Version (KJV)

7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

It was after the fall that he lost his light and took on skin, and fell down to planet earth...

Genesis 3:21

King James Version (KJV)

21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them.
In the world of mining they would say "You've hit pay dirt!"

Good post!

james2ko

the age of the earth is not debated by anyone with any credibility at all

So does this mean you have no credibility? After all, you were the one who claimed no geological evidence of the earth being billions of years old--or was your previous reply to me based on your misunderstanding of the Gap Theory?

I don't think anyone can date the earth by the bible

2 Peter 3:8

King James Version (KJV)

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Psalm 90:4

King James Version (KJV)

4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

By these verses we clearly see that 1 day to God is like 1000 years to us... So the 6 day creation story can easily be said to be a 6000 year creation story at minimum, Then the bible doesn't say how long Adam and Eve were in the garden before they fell... So how does one calculate from Day one when God created the Heavens and the Earth to the Fall of Adam and Eve??? Meanwhile while Adam and Eve were in the garden there was other life forms here on earth... Humanoids of some sort...

Genesis 4:14-15

King James Version (KJV)

14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
15 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

So we see so far in the bible Adam and Eve begot Cain and Able, Cain kills Able leaving 3 people... So who could these others be that Cain is worried about???

Genesis 4:16-17

King James Version (KJV)

16 And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

Here we see Cain flees to Nod after God cast him out of his presence, and Cain finds a wife... Who was this women???

kylixguru

I don't think anyone can date the earth by the bible
I agree. The age of our planet is irrelevant to what the Bible is about.

2 Peter 3:8

King James Version (KJV)

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Psalm 90:4

King James Version (KJV)

4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

By these verses we clearly see that 1 day to God is like 1000 years to us... So the 6 day creation story can easily be said to be a 6000 year creation story at minimum, Then the bible doesn't say how long Adam and Eve were in the garden before they fell... So how does one calculate from Day one when God created the Heavens and the Earth to the Fall of Adam and Eve??? Meanwhile while Adam and Eve were in the garden there was other life forms here on earth... Humanoids of some sort...
Adam was Man, created on Day 6, which pertains to the 6th millennium.
Humans are just what it means when you consider "hu" means "less than".
They are uninspired or non-resurrected (spiritually) hu-man beings.
Also, Adam wasn't only a single inspired and resurrected (spiritually) man.
Adam was a body of flesh and bone, which is a society of such men (and women).

Genesis 4:14-15

King James Version (KJV)

14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
15 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

So we see so far in the bible Adam and Eve begot Cain and Able, Cain kills Able leaving 3 people... So who could these others be that Cain is worried about???

Genesis 4:16-17

King James Version (KJV)

16 And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

Here we see Cain flees to Nod after God cast him out of his presence, and Cain finds a wife... Who was this women???
She was a daughter of the Serpent.

gnostic

The Lost One
I wish you would stop doing this. You make claim, but often fail to provide the source(s) to such claim? It is sloppy and unhelpful in the debate forums.

kylixguru said:
No, it is a modern text.

I don't read much "modern" texts.

Lately, modern authors and so-called modern "experts" have written a heap load of rubbish. Their interpretations and analytic critiques are phoneys and made to sell their books. So I don't read them.

kylixguru

I wish you would stop doing this. You make claim, but often fail to provide the source(s) to such claim? It is sloppy and unhelpful in the debate forums.
Taken to heart.
I will take more time in the future to provide more references to the statements I make.

I don't read much "modern" texts.
Nor do I actually, except the ones claiming to be revealed religious texts by alleged prophets.

This book was one such book that I found quite interesting.
I took the time to dig that out for you.

2nd Book of Commandments Section 180
23 For when the daughter of the serpent did even totally commit herself unto Cain, I did even make him subject unto her; and he did even heed her counsel and advice which was totally evil.

As I recall they have a web-site called www.2bc.info.

Lately, modern authors and so-called modern "experts" have written a heap load of rubbish. Their interpretations and analytic critiques are phoneys and made to sell their books. So I don't read them.
I too have found much trash even when trying to just filter those claiming to be not just inspired but revealed.