• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Act of creation

King Phenomenon

Otherworldly acts of creation have to be through a medium, such as a man, in order to ensure stability. If not, there would be those sort of events randomly happening which would be chaos. Unless of course you are of the type who believes existence has always been here. In that case this thread isn’t for you.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I have no idea what any of this means.

But ..

nemo+crush+totally-1631763557.gif

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Otherworldly acts of creation have to be through a medium, such as a man, in order to ensure stability. If not, there would be those sort of events randomly happening which would be chaos. Unless of course you are of the type who believes existence has always been here. In that case this thread isn’t for you.
Is this about that man who was born in 1980 and on whom the continued existence of the world depends?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Otherworldly acts of creation have to be through a medium, such as a man, in order to ensure stability. If not, there would be those sort of events randomly happening which would be chaos.
I would interested in how you support this claim.

Nimos

Maybe a clarification would be in order? :D

Why would there be chaos?
Couldn't the medium be a woman, animal, planet, alien or whatever, what makes a man (assuming you mean a literal man) special?

King Phenomenon

Couldn't the medium be a woman, animal, planet, alien or whatever, what makes a man (assuming you mean a literal man) special?
Humans are the most complex species. God picked the best. As far as it being a man, well God had to choose one or the other. Perhaps he felt woman had their special gift with bearing children. Idk. Maybe there’s more reasons. I will ponder. But I’m guessing there isn’t any more. Sometimes you just have to accept what is and not concern yourself with why.

Last edited:

King Phenomenon

If existence could just pop into existence without a medium then there would be nothing to stabilize it. It could pop out of existence at any old time. Chaos would ensue

King Phenomenon

But if existence weren't there, then the medium wouldn't be able to be created, so logically existences would have had to be there before the medium?

And I assume God is the creator or what? He exists as well I assume?
In an instant when the man dies a the world and existence immediately follows and on and on it goes. The man is the medium

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Otherworldly acts of creation have to be through a medium, such as a man, in order to ensure stability.

Why?

If not, there would be those sort of events randomly happening which would be chaos.

Why? And how do you know that this chaos you speak of hasn't happened?

Unless of course you are of the type who believes existence has always been here. In that case this thread isn’t for you.

Maybe. I don't have much of a fixed stance of this minor matter.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Humans are the most complex species.

How did you decide that humans are the most complex species? That is a meaningless statement until and unless you establish some sort of criteria.

What counts as a species and what does not? What time frame is being taken into account?

How do you know (for instance) that the most complex species isn't something that hasn't fully developed yet? Say, some sort of cyborg AI that may someday arise borg-like out of current human efforts? Or something entirely alien and unsuspected so far?

God picked the best.

Did it? Why? How would you even know that? Or that there is something to be called "god" to begin with?

As far as it being a man, well God had to choose one or the other.

Why, and how would you know or suspect that?

Perhaps he felt woman had their special gift with bearing children. Idk. Maybe there’s more reasons. I will ponder. But I’m guessing there isn’t any more. Sometimes you just have to accept what is and not concern yourself with why.

Then why this thread?

If existence could just pop into existence without a medium then there would be nothing to stabilize it. It could pop out of existence at any old time. Chaos would ensue

Why are you taking for granted that existence is stable and that it owes that stability to some sort of medium (however you define that medium)?

How would you or anyone even know that existence can't pop out of existence at any time?

How do you know that chaos did not or is not ensuing?

It’s a man. That’s just the way it is. That’s who god chose. We don’t really have to concern ourselves with why.

Then what does this thread mean to say in the first place?