• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ACORN is at it again

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid
After reading the article it looks more like a trap that someone fell into. these few paragraphs gives me this idea:
The conservative filmmakers unsuccessfully attempted similar ruses at the group's offices in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Los Angeles, California, and New York, Levenson said.

The video footage -- which has been edited and goes to black in some areas -- was recorded and posted online Thursday by James O'Keefe, a conservative activist.

Ciscokid

After reading the article it looks more like a trap that someone fell into. these few paragraphs gives me this idea:

I think the two employees involved were fired over this, evidently their boss was convinced that they were guilty. I'll bet they only got fired because they were caught however.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Doesn't it disturb you that they would have people working for them who could fall into such an obviously baited trap?

The first response to being told of an illegal enterprise should have been that such an endeavor is illegal and as such ACORN staff cannot offer any advice or than perhaps the advice to reconsider such an endeavor.

I think this forms evidence of a possible "corporate culture" existing at ACORN. It is unthinkable to assume that these two were simply rogues. My guess is that they just got caught.

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid
Doesn't it disturb you that they would have people working for them who could fall into such an obviously baited trap?
ya, it disturbs me, but where i live this wouldn't make the local news. as we, here, are used to this way of thinking. here they would have asked for a bribe and told you who to contact in the police to help you. as our whole gov. is corrupt. bribes here is called incentive bonuses

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
ya, it disturbs me, but where i live this wouldn't make the local news. as we, here, are used to this way of thinking. here they would have asked for a bribe and told you who to contact in the police to help you. as our whole gov. is corrupt. bribes here is called incentive bonuses
Dare I ask what country you live in? Surely it can't be the US.

Ciscokid

The scary thing is Obama gives Acorn money hand over fist. Acorn should be beheaded and torn asunder. The sad thing is that I have zero confidence anything will happen other than the firing of a couple people.