• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Absolutism or relativism

Pah

Uber all member
SOGFPP said:
I absolutely believe in relevant absolutes.... I think.
Hear! Hear!

I guess the next question to answer to find the answer to the thread is what is relevant? Would that not be subjective? Then the thread's conclusion is ....
Which is true Absolutism or relativism
Relativism

Watcher

The Gunslinger
I tend to believe everything is relative......something you hate (a class for instance) will seem to drag on for hours....but try spending a few hours with someone you like and it blows by in no time.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
I think this quote from Albert Einstein says it all:
"When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, it seems like two minutes. When you sit on a hot stove for two minutes, it seems like two hours that's relativity."

Therefore - if you believe in Absolutism, that is your stance relative to someone that believes in Relativism.

TVOR

chuck010342

if you belive in relativism and you say there are no absolutes then arn't you countradicting yourself? Saying there are not absolutes is an absolutic statment

Master Vigil

"if you belive in relativism and you say there are no absolutes then arn't you countradicting yourself? Saying there are not absolutes is an absolutic statment"

No, because it is still an opinion, which is in itself relative.