• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

abrahamism vs paganism on human nature as seperate from animals

leov

I see, and that sort of relates to my last point that the spirit of an animal may be as good if not better than a man. If most of our 'higher consciousness' seems to result in a pretty visible amount of malice, then you might ask a question like 'is this really higher consciousness?' The Abrahamic tradition never seems to ask that kind of question, it just declares that you have it, and it is something above that of an animal. And so adam is allowed to name the animals, instead of going onto the mountain and allowing the hawk spirit to name him.
Per Nachmanides, Adam was not a fully physical entity and was looking for physical body, while naming animals.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I wouldn't show that to school children as it depicts highly graphic torture and abuse of animals, which can be traumatizing. I actually recall a time in school, where a student showed a video about fur farms and it showed the minks being skinned alive. Even our teacher, who was a vegan animal rights activist, couldn't stomach it and stood in the hall during it. I don't think pushing ideological veganism is the right way to go, either. But we should teach children to respect all life, regardless of if they eat meat or not. That said, I mostly agree with you.
I remember a few years back when PETA or some similar org published a vid on youtube presented as cute and innocent footage of baby seals, but then without warning cuts to graphic footage of a seal hunt, with close-ups of clubbing, skinning, etc. Very deceptive and manipulative.