• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abrahamic God

EsonauticSage

Between extremes
does monotheistic god have issues?

Yes, those that associate things with it.

Christianity is the biggest culprit for literally turning it into a entity/personality, rather than the Absolute Reality it is.

"There is nothing like him" (Qur'an 42:11, 112:4),
"With whom, then, will you compare God? To what image will you liken him?" (Isaiah 40:18),
"No one has ever seen God, but the one and only "Son", who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known." (John 1:18),
But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live." (Exodus 33:20),
"To God belong the east and the west: so whichever way you turn, there is the face of God!" (Qur'an 2:115)

(the quote from John makes perfect sense within high-Shi'ite esotericism, wherein it is not saying that Jesus is himself God but rather that he is one of many manifestations of God "face", Hindus call the concept "avatars")

Last edited:

Mitty

I answer atheists too, but yes sometime they make me frustrated too. But I try my best to be a God person and not get mad. I noticed my own fault in the last month and trying to become better, that means to answer atheists too in a better why then I did before.
So which god do you prefer, given that you're not interested in knowing about Abraham and his god and what the bible says?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
So which god do you prefer, given that you're not interested in knowing about Abraham and his god and what the bible says?
In my personal spiritual practice I follow the teaching of Li Hongzhi the founder of Falun Gong. But I have some knowledge of Christianity, and find it interesting to discuss to my level of understanding, but there is a lot within Christianity I do not know or understand.

I am in RF because religion and spiritual practice interest me.

Why are you discussing Christianity if you have no interest in learning from those who practice the teaching of the Bible?

Mitty

In my personal spiritual practice I follow the teaching of Li Hongzhi the founder of Falun Gong. But I have some knowledge of Christianity, and find it interesting to discuss to my level of understanding, but there is a lot within Christianity I do not know or understand.

I am in RF because religion and spiritual practice interest me.
And have you ever had a face to face chat with Li Hongzhi?
Why are you discussing Christianity if you have no interest in learning from those who practice the teaching of the Bible?
Because I have actually read the bible and don't just pay preacher-men selling after-death salvation with money-back guarantees to tell me what to believe so that they can buy private jets and fancy ladies.

Last edited:

Mitty

Not with the attitude you have no. Why would He sit down with you if all you would do is mocking him?
That's YHWH's issue, not mine, if it's not interested in having a chat and a beer with me like Abraham did with his god (Gen 18). Or was that just an imaginative fantasy story?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
And have you ever had a face to face chat with Li Hongzhi?
No. I have no need for that. I cultivate the teaching he has given. I have no reason to meet him in person or shake his hand. I only see him as my teacher.

The practice is all up to my self to do. But study the teaching listen to the lectures is a part of the cultivation.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
That's YHWH's issue, not mine, if it's not interested in having a chat and a beer with me like Abraham did with his god (Gen 18). Or was that just an imaginative fantasy story?
Abraham was a righteous man, someone who cultivated his mind and body. He did what was asked of him. This is a reason God could speak with him.

It seems like you do not understand spiritual practice at all. It is about better one self to become as one with the teaching. It's not just for fun.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
And will YHWH knock on my door to have a face to face chat and share a beer like Abraham did with his god (Gen 18)?
If you open the door when he knocks. A lot of people keep it padlocked.

Revelation 3:20
“Look at me. I stand at the door. I knock. If you hear me call and open the door, I’ll come right in and sit down to supper with you.

The Anointed

So why did Paul plagiarize Psalm 2:7 which says that David was his god's begotten son, and given that Paul never even met Jesus let alone asked him if he was his god's begotten son like David too?

Still no answer to the question; " What does Hebrews 5: 5-6 say?" But we expected nothing less, from one who does not have the intestinal fortitude to answer any question put to it.

Here's another question for you Mitty, "When Paul, on the road to Damascus was blinded by the brilliant presence of the one who Paul referred to as 'THE LORD' who said to him, 'Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?' and Saul cried out; 'Who are You Lord,' What did the voice from the brilliant light say to Saul?' See Acts 9: 5.

The question you are asked to answer is; ' What did the voice, (OF THE LORD) that came from the brilliant and blinding light, say to Saul in Acts 9: 5.?"

Mitty

If you open the door when he knocks. A lot of people keep it padlocked.

Revelation 3:20
“Look at me. I stand at the door. I knock. If you hear me call and open the door, I’ll come right in and sit down to supper with you.
Alas no god has ever bothered to knock on my door to have a face to face chat and share a meal or a beer with me.

Mitty

Still no answer to the question; " What does Hebrews 5: 5-6 say?" But we expected nothing less, from one who does not have the intestinal fortitude to answer any question put to it.

Here's another question for you Mitty, "When Paul, on the road to Damascus was blinded by the brilliant presence of the one who Paul referred to as 'THE LORD' who said to him, 'Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?' and Saul cried out; 'Who are You Lord,' What did the voice from the brilliant light say to Saul?' See Acts 9: 5.

The question you are asked to answer is; ' What did the voice, (OF THE LORD) that came from the brilliant and blinding light, say to Saul in Acts 9: 5.?"
In other words you can't tell us why Paul plagiarised Psalm 2:6-7 which says that David was his god's begotten son, given that Paul never even met Jesus, let alone asked him if he was a begotten son too.

And the story in Acts 9 is simply a metaphorical way of saying that Paul changed his mind, and doesn't mean that Paul had an in-depth conversation with a bodyless voice in the sky about whether or not it was a begotten son too, like David.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
In other words you can't tell us why Paul plagiarised Psalm 2:6-7 which says that David was his god's begotten son, given that Paul never even met Jesus, let alone asked him if he was a begotten son too.

And the story in Acts 9 is simply a metaphorical way of saying that Paul changed his mind, and doesn't mean that Paul had an in-depth conversation with a bodyless voice in the sky about whether or not it was a begotten son too, like David.
Give'm all you got Mitty