• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abraham had 8 sons but not "only one" !!!

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Binyamin said:
No, and as Jews we're not going to change the word of G-d so we can put people to death.

The Romans killed off the last of the direct line from Moses, once that was done, there were no Ordained Rabbi's and won't be until Elijah returns.
So you are waiting for Elijah to return so you can use this law?

Thanks for the information.:)

Deut 13:1

The Truth said:
So you are waiting for Elijah to return so you can use this law?

Thanks for the information.:)
I guess you could say that... Read the tractate Sanhedrin if you're interested in Jewish Court Systems...

nutshell

Binyamin said:
Any reason he wouldn't announce himself?
Actually, LDS believe that he did return. In our scripture called Doctrine and Covenants, 110th section, verses 13 through 16 read, "After this vision had closed, another great and glorious vision burst upon us; for Elijah the prophet, who was taken to heaven without tasting death, stood befure us, and said: Behold, the time has fully come, which was spoken of by the mouth of Malachi -- testifying that he [Elijah] should be sent, before the great and dreadful day of the Lord come -- To turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the children to the fathers, lest the whoe earth be smitten with a curse -- Therefore, the keys of this dispensation are committed into your hands; and by this ye may know that the great and dreadful day of the Lord is near, even at the doors."

This event went mostly unmarked by the rest of the world, but it was of tremendous importance in the grand scheme of things. Elijah did return and gave to the prophet Joseph Smith the keys and authority of beginning the last dispensation before the Second Coming.

Any thoughts on this from others?

nutshell said:
Actually, LDS believe that he did return. In our scripture called Doctrine and Covenants, 110th section, verses 13 through 16 read, "After this vision had closed, another great and glorious vision burst upon us; for Elijah the prophet, who was taken to heaven without tasting death, stood befure us, and said: Behold, the time has fully come, which was spoken of by the mouth of Malachi -- testifying that he [Elijah] should be sent, before the great and dreadful day of the Lord come -- To turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the children to the fathers, lest the whoe earth be smitten with a curse -- Therefore, the keys of this dispensation are committed into your hands; and by this ye may know that the great and dreadful day of the Lord is near, even at the doors."

This event went mostly unmarked by the rest of the world, but it was of tremendous importance in the grand scheme of things. Elijah did return and gave to the prophet Joseph Smith the keys and authority of beginning the last dispensation before the Second Coming.

Any thoughts on this from others?
Cool, I'm happy for you, why would I care what the LDS believe?

SoyLeche said:
Same reason we would care what you do... to be more informed of the world around us.
Why would I care what Jesus had to say when I don't recognize him?

I can see Christians caring what Jews say since they accept the validity of the OT.