• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abraham had 8 sons but not "only one" !!!

Deut 13:1

The Truth said:
By the way, Moses to me is a prophet the same as Moahmmed and you wrong if you think i may change his words.
:banghead3 :banghead3 :banghead3

So you don't believe moses was a Messiach?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Binyamin said:
I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life. :bounce

Let me summarize your argument:
"I've never learned about that or heard of it, so it can't be true. Let me ignore the fact that the same person who gave YOU the torah is the same person who gave the Oral law." - Fine, you're uneducated, that's all you need to say.
I acknowledge only the holy books of God and your scriptures wasn't one of them.:)
For the Jewish i only accept Torah from what they have ONLY.

Binyamin said:
You never heard of it because there are aspects of it that contradict the idea of son of Hashem.
Who told you that i believe that God may have a son? :sarcastic

Binyamin said:
Just for laughs, what does this mean to you: zachor at yom ha-shabat le-kadsho. It translates to: Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.

Keep in mind Jews who didn't remember the Sabbath and keep it holy would be killed. This was given to them with the Torah. You do accept this commandment from G-d, correct... Remember this is punishable by death... zachor at yom ha-shabat le-kadsho.

Let's see who changed what laws... This commandment for G-d was punishable by death, where in the Torah does it explain what you can and can't do on this day?
You can ask this to a christian but not to me.

For me Quran have all what i need all in one book and i just read Torah & Injeel just to EDUCATE myself with true valid holy books.

The Truth said:
For me Quran have all what i need all in one book and i just read Torah & Injeel just to EDUCATE myself with true valid holy books.
Good for you, do you see me going to the Quran and telling you what parts of the Quran you're allowed to use and which parts you can't use? No, you don't. So I'd appreciate if you left telling the Jews what scripture are "in" and what scripture are "out" up to us. If you don't believe the Jewish perspective on the verse, you're free to, just don't sit here and tell us what scripture you can and can't use especially when the Mishnah came from the same person you claim is a prophet, but not Messiach. Do you even know what Messiach means in English?

You do realize that zachor at yom ha-shabat le-kadsho is from the Torah?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Binyamin said:
Good for you, do you see me going to the Quran and telling you what parts of the Quran you're allowed to use and which parts you can't use? No, you don't. So I'd appreciate if you left telling the Jews what scripture are "in" and what scripture are "out" up to us. If you don't believe the Jewish perspective on the verse, you're free to, just don't sit here and tell us what scripture you can and can't use especially when the Mishnah came from the same person you claim is a prophet, but not Messiach. Do you even know what Messiach means in English?

You do realize that zachor at yom ha-shabat le-kadsho is from the Torah?
they translated Massiach as antichrist if i'm not mistaken.

I just was telling you what i believe in but i didn't tell you don't use your scriptures but i just said don't use it when you discuss about Christians dogma or any other faith in order to prove somthing.

again i tell you i don't know much about Torah ... got it?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I didn't say Massiach but i said Massiah and he is Jesus Christ and the Jews rejected him when God sent him to guide them.

The Truth said:
they translated Massiach as antichrist if i'm not mistaken.

I just was telling you what i believe in but i didn't tell you don't use your scriptures but i just said don't use it when you discuss about Christians dogma or any other faith in order to prove somthing.

again i tell you i don't know much about Torah ... got it?
Good, remind me.... Your questions have to do with Bereishis (Genesis) correct? Good, so this is Jewish scripture that Christians adopted later on. If you don't want a Jewish answer on Jewish scripture then say so at the beginning of the thread. Otherwise, expect that I will post explaining Jewish scripture which includes the Mishnah and Gemorah.

The Truth said:
I didn't say Massiach but i said Massiah and he is Jesus Christ and the Jews rejected him when God sent him to guide them.
Maybe because he didn't fullfill the requirements that the Jews had??? Ever think of that?

Also Messiach translates to english as ANNOINTED. Moses, Aaron and tons of other Jews have been Messiach as it simply means annoited one, not saviour, or tourguide.

Scott1

Binyamin said:
Maybe because he didn't fullfill the requirements that the Jews had??? Ever think of that?
Well said my friend... it is so wonderful to have another educated Jewish member on the forum!

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Binyamin said:
Good, remind me.... Your questions have to do with Bereishis (Genesis) correct? Good, so this is Jewish scripture that Christians adopted later on. If you don't want a Jewish answer on Jewish scripture then say so at the beginning of the thread. Otherwise, expect that I will post explaining Jewish scripture which includes the Mishnah and Gemorah.
All the world acknowledged Torah as a valid source for Jews but if you have more so it's good in order to seek guidance from it but to not proof things in the Torah itself.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Binyamin said:

Also Messiach translates to english as ANNOINTED. Moses, Aaron and tons of other Jews have been Messiach as it simply means annoited one, not saviour, or tourguide.
Nope, because they used to kill thier prophets as they tried to do so with Jesus before he assended to the sky.

So, are you saying that in case the Jews have doubt about thier Messiah so they just decide to kill him as they were trying to do with Jesus?

by the way, As far as i know Moses wasn't Messiach because Messiach means anti-christ isn't it?

The Truth said:
All the world acknowledged Torah as a valid source for Jews but if you have more so it's good in order to seek guidance from it but to not proof things in the Torah itself.
All the world? Really this is news to me... I didn't realize Buddhists acknowledged the validity of the Torah. Keep in mind there's something like a billion Buddhists and Hindu people, I guess not all the world accepts the validity.

But yea, let's assume they do accept it as a valid source, why don't they go stone some homosexuals? Hmmm???? Why don't they eat kosher like me? Why don't they honor the Sabbath? I can go on like a broken record. The truth is, you have no education in the Torah's teachings and you're trying to tell me what parts of Moses' teachings I can and can't listen to, well pooh pooh on you, I now say you can only listen to half of what Muhamad has to say. But I get to pick the pieces you can now debate with. How's that work for you? It doesn't, does it? I repeat, you have your thing, I have mine, why you can't you people just leave us alone? They polled over 1000 Jordan citizens, every single one of them all 100% said they HATED Jews, just leave us alone. You don't understand our religion, fine, at least respect it like I respect yours.

The Truth said:
Nope, because they used to kill thier prophets as they tried to do so with Jesus before he assended to the sky.
Okay so all prophets we tried to kill are the Messiach? Your argument is because we used to kill prophets that jesus is now Messiach?

The Truth said:
So, are you saying that in case the Jews have doubt about thier Messiah so they just decide to kill him as they were trying to do with Jesus?
Actually, if you had half a brain, you'd know the Jews didn't kill him. The Jews were forbidden to punish people with capital punishment during the Roman time period. But keep making up facts to support your poisition, I hear it helps. We handed him to the Romans who then rendered their verdict upon him, and killed him. We have private citizens hand over criminals today, what's the problem with what we did?

The Truth said:
by the way, As far as i know Moses wasn't Messiach because Messiach means anti-christ isn't it?
No, someone lied to you.

The word "Messiah" is an English rendering of the Hebrew word "Mashiach", which means "Anointed." It usually refers to a person initiated into God's service by being anointed with oil. (Exodus 29:7, I Kings 1:39, II Kings 9:3)

Since every King and High Priest was anointed with oil, each may be referred to as "an anointed one" (a Mashiach or a Messiah). For example: "God forbid that I [David] should stretch out my hand against the Lord's Messiah [Saul]..." (I Samuel 26:11. Cf. II Samuel 23:1, Isaiah 45:1, Psalms 20:6)

Read this, it might be a eye opener for you, and the idea that we killed prophets has nothing to do with us accepting Jesus or not.

http://www.aish.com/jewishissues/jewishsociety/Why_Jews_Dont_Believe_In_Jesus.asp

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Binyamin said:
All the world? Really this is news to me... I didn't realize Buddhists acknowledged the validity of the Torah. Keep in mind there's something like a billion Buddhists and Hindu people, I guess not all the world accepts the validity.

But yea, let's assume they do accept it as a valid source, why don't they go stone some homosexuals? Hmmm???? Why don't they eat kosher like me? Why don't they honor the Sabbath? I can go on like a broken record. The truth is, you have no education in the Torah's teachings and you're trying to tell me what parts of Moses' teachings I can and can't listen to, well pooh pooh on you, I now say you can only listen to half of what Muhamad has to say. But I get to pick the pieces you can now debate with. How's that work for you? It doesn't, does it? I repeat, you have your thing, I have mine, why you can't you people just leave us alone? They polled over 1000 Jordan citizens, every single one of them all 100% said they HATED Jews, just leave us alone. You don't understand our religion, fine, at least respect it like I respect yours.
Ohh wait a second... Don't say now that i hate jews :eek:

I never said that.:bonk:

I just said again and again when the topic is about christians and excatly about the BIBLE so they will not accept your scriptures ( WHICH I RESPECT ALOT) and i have no right to disrespect it as you think so.

By the way, What was the religion of Abraham? :rolleyes:

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
by the way, you are claiming that Christians don't follow the law right?

What about the Jews? If someone had sex without marriage so will you put him to death as Torah says?

The Truth said:
Ohh wait a second... Don't say now that i hate jews :eek:

I never said that.:bonk:
I didn't say you did as in you, but muslims in general hate us. Just leave us be, we respect you and your Quoran, you don't see us burning Muslim's books, lighting your flag on fire in streets, suicide bombers in Muslim areas, ect...

The Truth said:
I just said again and again when the topic is about christians and excatly about the BIBLE so they will not accept your scriptures ( WHICH I RESPECT ALOT) and i have no right to disrespect it as you think so.
They're reading an interpretation of what happened, I'm reading the Hebrew, who is more likely to be closer to the meaning of the passage? Also, Christianity, came from JUDAISM, so JUDAISM's answer's should justify the Chritian answer as well, shouldn't it? I mean, afterall, Christianity didn't change anything, it just full-filled Judaism, right?

Well both the oral and written was given by moses, so if the torah is accurate, so is the oral law, right? Okay, I'm glad we agree.

The Truth said:
By the way, What was the religion of Abraham? :rolleyes:
He was a Noahite. Don't know what it is? Look it up.

The Truth said:
by the way, you are claiming that Christians don't follow the law right?
Well, I don't see them following Shabbat... Jesus was good enough to follow Shabbat, why can't they?

The Truth said:
What about the Jews? If someone had sex without marriage so will you put him to death as Torah says?
No, because I follow ALL jewish laws, including the one telling us that only a court of Ordained Rabbi's (23) are allowed to give capital punishment. Since I'm not a Ordained Rabbi, I'm not allowed to find someone guilty on a capital punishment.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Binyamin said:
I didn't say you did as in you, but muslims in general hate us. Just leave us be, we respect you and your Quoran, you don't see us burning Muslim's books, lighting your flag on fire in streets, suicide bombers in Muslim areas, ect...
:( No comment

Binyamin said:
They're reading an interpretation of what happened, I'm reading the Hebrew, who is more likely to be closer to the meaning of the passage? Also, Christianity, came from JUDAISM, so JUDAISM's answer's should justify the Chritian answer as well, shouldn't it? I mean, afterall, Christianity didn't change anything, it just full-filled Judaism, right?
I agree :)

Binyamin said:
Well both the oral and written was given by moses, so if the torah is accurate, so is the oral law, right? Okay, I'm glad we agree.
This one is a new information for me and i'm glad that i'm learning from you because i'm uneducated person about the oral srciptures of Jews.;)

Binyamin said:
He was a Noahite. Don't know what it is? Look it up.
Guess what? He was a Muslim. :D

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Binyamin said:
Well, I don't see them following Shabbat... Jesus was good enough to follow Shabbat, why can't they?

No, because I follow ALL jewish laws, including the one telling us that only a court of Ordained Rabbi's (23) are allowed to give capital punishment. Since I'm not a Ordained Rabbi, I'm not allowed to find someone guilty on a capital punishment.
So, do this court still exist? that's because i heard somthing like all of them died so the law of putting to death dosn't exist anymore regarding to this matter... is it? :confused:

The Truth said:
So, do this court still exist? that's because i heard somthing like all of them died so the law of putting to death dosn't exist anymore regarding to this matter... is it? :confused:
No, and as Jews we're not going to change the word of G-d so we can put people to death.

The Romans killed off the last of the direct line from Moses, once that was done, there were no Ordained Rabbi's and won't be until Elijah returns.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Binyamin said:
No, and as Jews we're not going to change the word of G-d so we can put people to death.

The Romans killed off the last of the direct line from Moses, once that was done, there were no Ordained Rabbi's and won't be until Elijah returns.
So you are waiting for Elijah to return so you can use this law?

Thanks for the information.:)