• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

About my dream and the concept of Dunyah

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
This weekend I decided to get away and go out of town for some R&R this past weekend. On Saturday I had an interesting dream. In this dream I don’t know if I was watching and fell asleep or what but I had a dream that I had died. Now of course some of you may have heard of NDE or near death experiences and people narrating their experiences of floating outside their body or going through a tunnel towards a white light.

In this case strangely enough, I saw a white light but I wasn’t walking but trapped on a roller coaster. Now, if anyone who have been on a rollercoaster knows before that giant dip the rollercoaster goes very slow and in this case this rollercoaster was going slow towards the white light.

I recalled in my skeptical mind that I knew in this dream I was dead but instead of embracing the white light my skeptical mind didn’t want to. I did what I could to get away but I couldn’t due to the bars on the inside of the rollercoaster trapping me. When I finally passed the light I arrived on the other side I arrived in front of a popular hamburger joint in California.

The dream was strange for sure but like I said to my girlfriend, I was going to psychoanalyze that dream this whole weekend. What I took from the dream (and I do not practice Freudian Psychoanalysis btw) is that my consciousness is still skeptical of metaphysics. My consciousness was still attached to this Dunyah or temporal life.

What I took was that my skeptical mind despite my desire to be more close to God, is still commandeering my spirituality. As I recalled in the dream I questioned the white light with what ifs. I recalled saying “what if the white light is a representation of my brain dying and when I pass it I die? Or what if there is nothing on the other side? I also knew in this dream that if I was truly dead my body is past the point of no return.

It seemed that me trying to escape to go back was a representation of my attachment to this Life, this dunyah. I thought this dream was interesting considering there is some elements relating to Islam such as my bodily attachment to this life.

KT Shamim

Ahmadiyya Muslim Community
This weekend I decided to get away and go out of town for some R&R this past weekend. On Saturday I had an interesting dream. In this dream I don’t know if I was watching and fell asleep or what but I had a dream that I had died. Now of course some of you may have heard of NDE or near death experiences and people narrating their experiences of floating outside their body or going through a tunnel towards a white light.

In this case strangely enough, I saw a white light but I wasn’t walking but trapped on a roller coaster. Now, if anyone who have been on a rollercoaster knows before that giant dip the rollercoaster goes very slow and in this case this rollercoaster was going slow towards the white light.

I recalled in my skeptical mind that I knew in this dream I was dead but instead of embracing the white light my skeptical mind didn’t want to. I did what I could to get away but I couldn’t due to the bars on the inside of the rollercoaster trapping me. When I finally passed the light I arrived on the other side I arrived in front of a popular hamburger joint in California.

The dream was strange for sure but like I said to my girlfriend, I was going to psychoanalyze that dream this whole weekend. What I took from the dream (and I do not practice Freudian Psychoanalysis btw) is that my consciousness is still skeptical of metaphysics. My consciousness was still attached to this Dunyah or temporal life.

What I took was that my skeptical mind despite my desire to be more close to God, is still commandeering my spirituality. As I recalled in the dream I questioned the white light with what ifs. I recalled saying “what if the white light is a representation of my brain dying and when I pass it I die? Or what if there is nothing on the other side? I also knew in this dream that if I was truly dead my body is past the point of no return.

It seemed that me trying to escape to go back was a representation of my attachment to this Life, this dunyah. I thought this dream was interesting considering there is some elements relating to Islam such as my bodily attachment to this life.
Dreams are of all types. Some due to upset stomachs. Others that are a sign of true piety. And yet others just a figment of our desires. How do you differentiate?

For example, according to the Qur'an, two prisoners with Joseph saw a true dream but the prisoners' piety is in no way ascertained. The King saw a dream and he seems like a nice person. And Prophet Joseph himself also saw a dream that was a great sign of his piety. Not to mention the dream of Prophet Abraham.

KT Shamim

Ahmadiyya Muslim Community
Dreams are of all types. Some due to upset stomachs. Others that are a sign of true piety. And yet others just a figment of our desires. How do you differentiate?

For example, according to the Qur'an, two prisoners with Joseph saw a true dream but the prisoners' piety is in no way ascertained. The King saw a dream and he seems like a nice person. And Prophet Joseph himself also saw a dream that was a great sign of his piety. Not to mention the dream of Prophet Abraham.
Something more specific to pious people are revelations and visions. And the fact that they are filled with prophecies related to the self, society, or the world (depending on the level of piety). Any guidance from such revelations can be ascertained to be guidance from God Himself because what part can the devil have in knowledge of the future?