• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A warning and a call to Baha’is from Baha’u’llah’s Universal House of Justice

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
"but a year or two of discussions and debates here have caused me to feel that Bahai is untrustworthy." Unquote.

I also knew close to nothing material about Bahaullah and or Bahaism people, but from the interactions with them here in these forums I have experienced that they are not a straightforward religion. Straightforwardness is a moral quality that must be in a truthful religion. Right, please?

Regards
Straightforwardness is a quality that I can trust.
I discarded the term 'moral' some time ago, because people use it in different ways, but 'yes' I try to be as straight as possible, and trust it in others.

I don't trust Bahai anymore. It's all Double-Think, Double-Talk and misinformation as I see it. I tell you my opinion straight.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The Principal taught by Baha'u'llah is the divine origin of all the Messengers, is from One source, God.

Thus a Baha'i is asked to look for that source in all Faiths and all people.

That is not protecting feelings, it is our challenge to do that in a way that promotes unity and not division.

Our example is Abdul'baha.

Regards Tony
Believing in the divine origin of all the Messengers does not mean we agree with what humans did to change the original revelations after they were revealed.

“This is the Day when the loved ones of God should keep their eyes directed towards His Manifestation, and fasten them upon whatsoever that Manifestation may be pleased to reveal. Certain traditions of bygone ages rest on no foundations whatever, while the notions entertained by past generations, and which they have recorded in their books, have, for the most part, been influenced by the desires of a corrupt inclination. Thou dost witness how most of the commentaries and interpretations of the words of God, now current amongst men, are devoid of truth. Their falsity hath, in some cases, been exposed when the intervening veils were rent asunder. They themselves have acknowledged their failure in apprehending the meaning of any of the words of God.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 171-172

It is dishonest for Baha'is to pretend we believe in the Christian doctrines or anything else we do not believe in. No good can come from a dialogue unless both sides are completely honest about what they believe. Disagreement does not have to lead to division.

BEAUTY AND HARMONY IN DIVERSITY

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Believing in the divine origin of all the Messengers does not mean we agree with what humans did to change

I see all Baha'i here have made that clear.

It is dishonest for Baha'is to pretend we believe in the Christian doctrines or anything else we do not believe in.

Again I see the Baha'i here have made that clear.

Example;

As a Baha'i we may offer that the Trinity as compiled by the Church is not entirely correct. It has been said Muhammad corrected this misunderstanding in the Quran and now Baha'u'llah has given clarity to this topic.

Within the Doctrine of the Trinity there are the core principles about the relationship between the Messenger and God. The key here is to identify what is compatiable with what God has revealed in all Faiths and what is of man.

Most Doctrines of all past Faiths have been founded on a stated Truth that may have over time have become misunderstood.

I see it as, do we bulldoze the garden and plant all new plants, or do we tend the garden and remove some weeds and feed the remaining plants.

Every person on this planet has a lot to learn.

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
As a Baha'i we may offer that the Trinity as compiled by the Church is not entirely correct. It has been said Muhammad corrected this misunderstanding in the Quran and now Baha'u'llah has given clarity to this topic.

Within the Doctrine of the Trinity there are the core principles about the relationship between the Messenger and God. The key here is to identify what is compatiable with what God has revealed in all Faiths and what is of man.

Most Doctrines of all past Faiths have been founded on a stated Truth that may have over time have become misunderstood.
Doctrines were created by men, not by God or a Manifestation of God. Because men did not understand the scriptures they got together and decided upon Doctrines. Doctrines such as the Trinity, Jesus is God incarnate, the bodily resurrection, ascension and return of the same Jesus on a cloud, and that the indwelt Holy Spirit cannot be reconciled to the Baha’i Faith. Baha’u’llah and Abdu’l-Baha delineated the discrepancies so I find it best to just present the Writings rather than word it myself.

I see no reason to try to make the older religions “fit” the Baha’i Faith. They will never fit because they are different. What we all share in common are the spiritual verities which are eternal but what Baha’u’llah brought that was new cannot be reconciled to older belief systems. Their messages were for another time in history. They are not the remedy we need for today’s world and into the future. I just do not see the point of trying to make them fit the new age. Nowhere in the Writings does it say this is what we are to be doing.

“The All-Knowing Physician hath His finger on the pulse of mankind. He perceiveth the disease, and prescribeth, in His unerring wisdom, the remedy. Every age hath its own problem, and every soul its particular aspiration. The remedy the world needeth in its present-day afflictions can never be the same as that which a subsequent age may require. Be anxiously concerned with the needs of the age ye live in, and center your deliberations on its exigencies and requirements.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 213
I see it as, do we bulldoze the garden and plant all new plants, or do we tend the garden and remove some weeds and feed the remaining plants.
Baha’u’llah came and planted new plants. Had humanity not needed new plants God would not have sent a new Manifestation of God. If it had been possible, God would have waited for humans to tend the garden and remove the weeds and feed the remaining plants.

“In the beginning the tree was in all its beauty, and full of blossoms and fruits, but at last it became old and entirely fruitless, and it withered and decayed. This is why the True Gardener plants again an incomparable young tree of the same kind and species, which grows and develops day by day, and spreads a wide shadow in the divine garden, and yields admirable fruit. So it is with religions; through the passing of time they change from their original foundation, the truth of the Religion of God entirely departs, and the spirit of it does not stay; heresies appear, and it becomes a body without a soul. That is why it is renewed.” Some Answered Questions, p. 166

It is too late to restore the older religions to their original form; they cannot be restored and there is no need to restore them now that we have a new religion. Nowhere have the Baha’is been instructed to try to restore the older religions. We have only been instructed to work in unity and harmony with the adherents of the older religions.

“Through each and every one of the verses which the Pen of the Most High hath revealed, the doors of love and unity have been unlocked and flung open to the face of men. We have erewhile declared—and Our Word is the truth—: “Consort with the followers of all religions in a spirit of friendliness and fellowship.” Whatsoever hath led the children of men to shun one another, and hath caused dissensions and divisions amongst them, hath, through the revelation of these words, been nullified and abolished. From the heaven of God’s Will, and for the purpose of ennobling the world of being and of elevating the minds and souls of men, hath been sent down that which is the most effective instrument for the education of the whole human race.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 95

Every new Manifestation of God renews the eternal spiritual verities but He starts over with a new plan for humanity. The Revelation of Baha’u’llah is a new revelation from God. It is separate from the previous revelations, the most current in a successive chain of revelations which will continue into the future. Baha’u’llah had a new mission and a new message. The former revelations have been abrogated so I see no reason to try to make them “fit” with the Revelation of Baha’u’llah. They will never fit because the Baha’i Faith is not only an entirely new religion; it ushered in an entirely new religious cycle.

"In conclusion of this theme, I feel, it should be stated that the Revelation identified with Bahá’u’lláh abrogates unconditionally all the Dispensations gone before it, upholds uncompromisingly the eternal verities they enshrine, recognizes firmly and absolutely the Divine origin of their Authors, preserves inviolate the sanctity of their authentic Scriptures,”
Shoghi Effendi, God Passes By, p. 100

siti

From the first pages of The Kitab-i-Iqan:

“IN THE NAME OF OUR LORD, THE EXALTED, THE MOST HIGH.

No man shall attain the shores of the ocean of true understanding except he be detached from all that is in heaven and on earth. Sanctify your souls, O ye peoples of the world, that haply ye may attain that station which God hath destined for you and enter thus the tabernacle which, according to the dispensations of Providence, hath been raised in the firmament of the Bayán.

The essence of these words is this: they that tread the path of faith, they that thirst for the wine of certitude, must cleanse themselves of all that is earthly—their ears from idle talk, their minds from vain imaginings, their hearts from worldly affections, their eyes from that which perisheth. They should put their trust in God, and, holding fast unto Him, follow in His way. Then will they be made worthy of the effulgent glories of the sun of divine knowledge and understanding, and become the recipients of a grace that is infinite and unseen, inasmuch as man can never hope to attain unto the knowledge of the All-Glorious, can never quaff from the stream of divine knowledge and wisdom, can never enter the abode of immortality, nor partake of the cup of divine nearness and favour, unless and until he ceases to regard the words and deeds of mortal men as a standard for the true understanding and recognition of God and His Prophets.” The Kitáb-i-Íqán, pp. 3-4

What it essentially says in bold italics at the end is that we will never discover the truth for ourselves if we use the deeds of mortal men as a standard by which to understand God and His Prophets.

In other words, we cannot measure truth according to what other people say, think or do.
No @Trailblazer, what Baha'u'llah is saying here is "if anyone disagrees with me pay no attention to them". And you seem to follow his example closely, but he says it with a much more vivid flourish of grandiloquent pomposity and pontification than you can.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
No @Trailblazer, what Baha'u'llah is saying here is "if anyone disagrees with me pay no attention to them". And you seem to follow his example closely, but he says it with a much more vivid flourish of grandiloquent pomposity and pontification than you can.
No, that is not what He is saying at all. He is saying that we should not listen to other people and be influenced by what they think and say. Rather, we should try to understand God and His Prophets through our own independent investigation of truth.

".... inasmuch as man can never hope to attain unto the knowledge of the All-Glorious, can never quaff from the stream of divine knowledge and wisdom, can never enter the abode of immortality, nor partake of the cup of divine nearness and favour, unless and until he ceases to regard the words and deeds of mortal men as a standard for the true understanding and recognition of God and His Prophets.” The Kitáb-i-Íqán, pp. 3-4

siti

"...inasmuch as man can never hope to attain unto the knowledge of the All-Glorious..."
Then what the heck did the man Baha'u'llah think he was talking about? Of course he thought he had direct access to the "knowledge of the All-Glorious" - but you only have his word for that - don't you? And he was shrewd enough to know that not everyone would be so easily influenced - hence his warning not to listen to the ideas of mere men - but in reality that is all we have.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Doctrines were created by men, not by God or a Manifestation of God. Because men did not understand the scriptures they got together and decided upon Doctrines. Doctrines such as the Trinity, Jesus is God incarnate, the bodily resurrection, ascension and return of the same Jesus on a cloud, and that the indwelt Holy Spirit cannot be reconciled to the Baha’i Faith. Baha’u’llah and Abdu’l-Baha delineated the discrepancies so I find it best to just present the Writings rather than word it myself.

I see no reason to try to make the older religions “fit” the Baha’i Faith. They will never fit because they are different. What we all share in common are the spiritual verities which are eternal but what Baha’u’llah brought that was new cannot be reconciled to older belief systems. Their messages were for another time in history. They are not the remedy we need for today’s world and into the future. I just do not see the point of trying to make them fit the new age. Nowhere in the Writings does it say this is what we are to be doing.

“The All-Knowing Physician hath His finger on the pulse of mankind. He perceiveth the disease, and prescribeth, in His unerring wisdom, the remedy. Every age hath its own problem, and every soul its particular aspiration. The remedy the world needeth in its present-day afflictions can never be the same as that which a subsequent age may require. Be anxiously concerned with the needs of the age ye live in, and center your deliberations on its exigencies and requirements.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 213

Baha’u’llah came and planted new plants. Had humanity not needed new plants God would not have sent a new Manifestation of God. If it had been possible, God would have waited for humans to tend the garden and remove the weeds and feed the remaining plants.

“In the beginning the tree was in all its beauty, and full of blossoms and fruits, but at last it became old and entirely fruitless, and it withered and decayed. This is why the True Gardener plants again an incomparable young tree of the same kind and species, which grows and develops day by day, and spreads a wide shadow in the divine garden, and yields admirable fruit. So it is with religions; through the passing of time they change from their original foundation, the truth of the Religion of God entirely departs, and the spirit of it does not stay; heresies appear, and it becomes a body without a soul. That is why it is renewed.” Some Answered Questions, p. 166

It is too late to restore the older religions to their original form; they cannot be restored and there is no need to restore them now that we have a new religion. Nowhere have the Baha’is been instructed to try to restore the older religions. We have only been instructed to work in unity and harmony with the adherents of the older religions.

“Through each and every one of the verses which the Pen of the Most High hath revealed, the doors of love and unity have been unlocked and flung open to the face of men. We have erewhile declared—and Our Word is the truth—: “Consort with the followers of all religions in a spirit of friendliness and fellowship.” Whatsoever hath led the children of men to shun one another, and hath caused dissensions and divisions amongst them, hath, through the revelation of these words, been nullified and abolished. From the heaven of God’s Will, and for the purpose of ennobling the world of being and of elevating the minds and souls of men, hath been sent down that which is the most effective instrument for the education of the whole human race.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 95

Every new Manifestation of God renews the eternal spiritual verities but He starts over with a new plan for humanity. The Revelation of Baha’u’llah is a new revelation from God. It is separate from the previous revelations, the most current in a successive chain of revelations which will continue into the future. Baha’u’llah had a new mission and a new message. The former revelations have been abrogated so I see no reason to try to make them “fit” with the Revelation of Baha’u’llah. They will never fit because the Baha’i Faith is not only an entirely new religion; it ushered in an entirely new religious cycle.

"In conclusion of this theme, I feel, it should be stated that the Revelation identified with Bahá’u’lláh abrogates unconditionally all the Dispensations gone before it, upholds uncompromisingly the eternal verities they enshrine, recognizes firmly and absolutely the Divine origin of their Authors, preserves inviolate the sanctity of their authentic Scriptures,”
Shoghi Effendi, God Passes By, p. 100

I see all people in all Faiths have to come to terms with what it is to share God's Word in a manner worthy of the calling to do just that, after many years I find it is still a great struggle to do so.

This Faith, as all other Faiths that have gone before have had to do, must balance the Word that brings the New Heaven and New Earth, with the aspect of Faith that does not change, yes each Faith has the unchangeable Truths enshrined in the writings, the part that is never abrogated.

"The Bahá’í Writings describe the existence of two complementary aspects of divine law. The first refers to the universal, unchangeable spiritual laws which are animated by, and reflected in, all of God’s religions. The other concerns the laws which serve to order humanity’s social and spiritual life—laws which change according to the particular conditions and circumstances of the time."

Divine Law | What Bahá’ís Believe

Stay well and happy Trailblazer.

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Then what the heck did the man Baha'u'llah think he was talking about? Of course he thought he had direct access to the "knowledge of the All-Glorious" - but you only have his word for that - don't you?
No, I have more than His Word.
Baha’u’llah explained how we are supposed to establish the truth of His claim. First, we examine His own Self (His character); then we examine His Revelation (everything that surrounds His Mission on earth); and then we look at His words (His Writings).

“Say: The first and foremost testimony establishing His truth is His own Self. Next to this testimony is His Revelation. For whoso faileth to recognize either the one or the other He hath established the words He hath revealed as proof of His reality and truth. This is, verily, an evidence of His tender mercy unto men. He hath endowed every soul with the capacity to recognize the signs of God. How could He, otherwise, have fulfilled His testimony unto men, if ye be of them that ponder His Cause in their hearts. He will never deal unjustly with any one, neither will He task a soul beyond its power. He, verily, is the Compassionate, the All-Merciful.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 105-106
And he was shrewd enough to know that not everyone would be so easily influenced - hence his warning not to listen to the ideas of mere men - but in reality that is all we have.
You can bet your sweet bippy Baha'u'llah knew everyone would not believe His claim. He knew that only those who were guided by God would believe in Him.

“Great indeed is this Day! The allusions made to it in all the sacred Scriptures as the Day of God attest its greatness. The soul of every Prophet of God, of every Divine Messenger, hath thirsted for this wondrous Day. All the divers kindreds of the earth have, likewise, yearned to attain it. No sooner, however, had the Day Star of His Revelation manifested itself in the heaven of God’s Will, than all, except those whom the Almighty was pleased to guide, were found dumbfounded and heedless.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 11

The reasons why some people are guided and others are not guided becomes clear if you read on....

"Some were guided by the Light of God, gained admittance into the court of His presence, and quaffed, from the hand of resignation, the waters of everlasting life, and were accounted of them that have truly recognized and believed in Him. Others rebelled against Him, and rejected the signs of God, the Most Powerful, the Almighty, the All-Wise.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 145

“Whoso maketh efforts for Us,” he shall enjoy the blessings conferred by the words: “In Our Ways shall We assuredly guide him.””
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 266-267

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
This Faith, as all other Faiths that have gone before have had to do, must balance the Word that brings the New Heaven and New Earth, with the aspect of Faith that does not change, yes each Faith has the unchangeable Truths enshrined in the writings, the part that is never abrogated.
True, Abdu'l-Baha said that. :)

“the Law of God is divided into two parts. One is the fundamental basis which comprises all spiritual things—that is to say, it refers to the spiritual virtues and divine qualities; this does not change nor alter: it is the Holy of Holies, which is the essence of the Law of Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Christ, Muhammad, the Báb, and Bahá’u’lláh, and which lasts and is established in all the prophetic cycles. It will never be abrogated, for it is spiritual and not material truth; it is faith, knowledge, certitude, justice, piety, righteousness, trustworthiness, love of God, benevolence, purity, detachment, humility, meekness, patience and constancy. It shows mercy to the poor, defends the oppressed, gives to the wretched and uplifts the fallen......

These divine qualities, these eternal commandments, will never be abolished; nay, they will last and remain established for ever and ever. These virtues of humanity will be renewed in each of the different cycles; for at the end of every cycle the spiritual Law of God—that is to say, the human virtues—disappears, and only the form subsists..........

The second part of the Religion of God, which refers to the material world, and which comprises fasting, prayer, forms of worship, marriage and divorce, the abolition of slavery, legal processes, transactions, indemnities for murder, violence, theft and injuries—this part of the Law of God, which refers to material things, is modified and altered in each prophetic cycle in accordance with the necessities of the times.” Some Answered Questions, pp. 47-48

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The Baha'i Faith is a straightforward religion but humans are all different so they tend to present it differently.
I tend to be very straightforward, even blunt, but others tend to want to protect peoples' feelings and stretch the truth by saying Baha'is agree with other religions when in fact we do not.

It is unjust to blame the Baha'i Faith for what its followers do. Humans are fallible and they all have different levels of knowledge and different personalities. That is why it is SO important to get your information about the Baha'i Faith from the original writings of Baha'u'llah, not from Baha'is.... We can answer your questions, but we might not always be right.

From the first pages of The Kitab-i-Iqan:

“IN THE NAME OF OUR LORD, THE EXALTED, THE MOST HIGH.

No man shall attain the shores of the ocean of true understanding except he be detached from all that is in heaven and on earth. Sanctify your souls, O ye peoples of the world, that haply ye may attain that station which God hath destined for you and enter thus the tabernacle which, according to the dispensations of Providence, hath been raised in the firmament of the Bayán.

The essence of these words is this: they that tread the path of faith, they that thirst for the wine of certitude, must cleanse themselves of all that is earthly—their ears from idle talk, their minds from vain imaginings, their hearts from worldly affections, their eyes from that which perisheth. They should put their trust in God, and, holding fast unto Him, follow in His way. Then will they be made worthy of the effulgent glories of the sun of divine knowledge and understanding, and become the recipients of a grace that is infinite and unseen, inasmuch as man can never hope to attain unto the knowledge of the All-Glorious, can never quaff from the stream of divine knowledge and wisdom, can never enter the abode of immortality, nor partake of the cup of divine nearness and favour, unless and until he ceases to regard the words and deeds of mortal men as a standard for the true understanding and recognition of God and His Prophets.” The Kitáb-i-Íqán, pp. 3-4

What it essentially says in bold italics at the end is that we will never discover the truth for ourselves if we use the deeds of mortal men as a standard by which to understand God and His Prophets.

In other words, we cannot measure truth according to what other people say, think or do.
"That is why it is SO important to get your information about the Baha'i Faith from the original writings of Baha'u'llah." Unquote.

And that is exactly what I want to do. I want to read core writings of Bahaullah of approximately the same size in count of words as is of Quran. As I understand from the Bahaism friends here, none of them has read the original writings of Bahaullah in the language (Arabic and or Persian) it were written. Some of them have read only the English translations, and that only translated by Abdul Baha or Shoghi Effendi or UHJ, they mostly quote from them and reject translation rendered by others. Abdul Baha or Shoghi Effendi or UHJ are just non-entities to the Non-Bahais. My focus is and will remain on Bahaullah, for my study and comparison. Right, please?

There are certain terms used in the Bahaism literature mentioned by our friends in the RF about Bahaullah, namely, Station of God, Station of Messenger, Station of Servant, Station of Manifestation of God, representative of God, Guardian,Revelation, Inspiration, Voice of God, Chosen Ones of God, etc, all claims of Bahaullah or in connection with him.

What were the terms used by Bahaullah in the original language, Arabic and or Persian which have been translated as given above?

Regards

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What were the terms used by Bahaullah in the original language, Arabic and or Persian which have been translated as given above?

You have been provided the links, as you requested, directly to the Tablets of Baha'u'llah in both Arabic and Persian.

This question thus implies that you have not pursued the answer you ask. It may be that you also can not read Arabic or Persian, is that the case?

Regards Tony

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Believing in the divine origin of all the Messengers does not mean we agree with what humans did to change the original revelations after they were revealed.

“This is the Day when the loved ones of God should keep their eyes directed towards His Manifestation, and fasten them upon whatsoever that Manifestation may be pleased to reveal. Certain traditions of bygone ages rest on no foundations whatever, while the notions entertained by past generations, and which they have recorded in their books, have, for the most part, been influenced by the desires of a corrupt inclination. Thou dost witness how most of the commentaries and interpretations of the words of God, now current amongst men, are devoid of truth. Their falsity hath, in some cases, been exposed when the intervening veils were rent asunder. They themselves have acknowledged their failure in apprehending the meaning of any of the words of God.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 171-172

It is dishonest for Baha'is to pretend we believe in the Christian doctrines or anything else we do not believe in. No good can come from a dialogue unless both sides are completely honest about what they believe. Disagreement does not have to lead to division.

BEAUTY AND HARMONY IN DIVERSITY
"Believing in the divine origin of all the Messengers does not mean we agree with what humans did to change the original revelations after they were revealed. " Unquote.

I agree with the above.
Regards

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
"That is why it is SO important to get your information about the Baha'i Faith from the original writings of Baha'u'llah." Unquote.

And that is exactly what I want to do. I want to read core writings of Bahaullah of approximately the same size in count of words as is of Quran. As I understand from the Bahaism friends here, none of them has read the original writings of Bahaullah in the language (Arabic and or Persian) it were written. Some of them have read only the English translations, and that only translated by Abdul Baha or Shoghi Effendi or UHJ, they mostly quote from them and reject translation rendered by others. Abdul Baha or Shoghi Effendi or UHJ are just non-entities to the Non-Bahais. My focus is and will remain on Bahaullah, for my study and comparison. Right, please?

There are certain terms used in the Bahaism literature mentioned by our friends in the RF about Bahaullah, namely, Station of God, Station of Messenger, Station of Servant, Station of Manifestation of God, representative of God, Guardian,Revelation, Inspiration, Voice of God, Chosen Ones of God, etc, all claims of Bahaullah or in connection with him.

Regards
You are wise to read the Writings of Baha'u'llah and decide for yourself but you have to decide if you are going to read the authoritative Baha'i translations or some other translation. Why would you read a translation rendered by a non-Baha'i? Why would they correctly translate the Writings of Baha'u'llah? There are certainly motives for them to incorrectly translate them if they are trying to denigrate Baha'u'llah. I have seen some of these translations who were trying to denigrate Baha'u'llah. It was so obvious what they were trying to do.

Abdu'l-Baha and the UHJ have not translated the Writings of Baha'u'llah. Shoghi Effendi translated most of the major Tablets of Baha'u'llah we now have in English and any others have been translated by professional translators authorized by the UHJ.

You could read the other translations for comparative purposes but if they are very different from the authoritative Baha'i translations who would you believe? If you could read the original Writings in Persian and Arabic then that would solve your problem but I am assuming you do not know those languages.

I do not know Persian or Arabic so I do not know what terms were used by Baha'u'llah in those languages.