• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A verse in the Qur'an about a possible good outcome for people from all religions

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Where else would they come from? They were given a soul from God, weren't they? A soul that has the attributes of God in them. If you think there is some other way for them to have good attributes, tell me.
Are you saying they were born with those good attributes?
I believe that people acquired those attributes during their lives by their own efforts.

“Man is like unto a tree. If he be adorned with fruit, he hath been and will ever be worthy of praise and commendation. Otherwise a fruitless tree is but fit for fire. The fruits of the human tree are exquisite, highly desired and dearly cherished. Among them are upright character, virtuous deeds and a goodly utterance.”

Tablets of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 257

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
What did God ever do to prove His love to us? Oh, I know, He sent His only Son, and He sent Messengers... Big deal, but what did God do to sacrifice anything for us? Nothing.
He created us so we can evolve over time and be happy, but if you are miserable right now, that doesn't mean anything to you, so I don't know why I just said that.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Is it always our fault? That's a good thought. If it is not our fault, then God understands that it is not our fault and does not blame us. You are asking hard questions and making me think, and that is a good thing.
I am glad you are thinking. :)
I do not think God blames us either, it is other people who do all the blaming, and then we tend to blame ourselves. :(

I do not hate God but I do not love God either, I just don't know what to believe. :confused:

You might not like what I am about to post about loving God but I think it needs to be posted.
If people want to judge me for it, so be it.

Truthseeker

Are you saying they were born with those good attributes?
I believe that people acquired those attributes during their lives by their own efforts.

“Man is like unto a tree. If he be adorned with fruit, he hath been and will ever be worthy of praise and commendation. Otherwise a fruitless tree is but fit for fire. The fruits of the human tree are exquisite, highly desired and dearly cherished. Among them are upright character, virtuous deeds and a goodly utterance.”

Tablets of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 257
He potentially has them:

Know thou that all men have been created in the nature made by God, the Guardian, the Self-Subsisting. Unto each one hath been prescribed a pre-ordained measure, as decreed in God's mighty and guarded Tablets. All that which ye potentially possess can, however, be manifested only as a result of your own volition.
(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 149)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
He created us so we can evolve over time and be happy, but if you are miserable right now, that doesn't mean anything to you, so I don't know why I just said that.
This is not about me. I know I am a lot better off than most people. I am worried about Lewis, not about myself, and I am doing all I can do to help him. The rest is in God's hands.

He created us so we can evolve over time and be happy? To me that is nothing more than a platitude, but you will have to address this on my new thread since this is not a debate forum. ;)

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
He potentially has them:

Know thou that all men have been created in the nature made by God, the Guardian, the Self-Subsisting. Unto each one hath been prescribed a pre-ordained measure, as decreed in God's mighty and guarded Tablets. All that which ye potentially possess can, however, be manifested only as a result of your own volition.
(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 149)
That's right, potentially, but "All that which ye potentially possess can, however, be manifested only as a result of your own volition."

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That still is not a complete guide in everything we do. There's no way that could be done.

Personally I see it is all in the manual and Abdul'baha is the complete, clear, full Instruction Manual.

We have ample writings and recorded eye witness examples of all that is required, to guide all the aspects of our lives.

Oir issue is Materialism, it is preventing us from reading all the Manual, and even if we read it all, Materialism even prevents us from considering that many of the Instructions are applicable to us, or we do not see how they are applicable to us.

A good example is what many choose to partake of as "entertainment". How appropriate is any if the arts these days, how many shows we can watch on TV are feeding the attributes of a "New World Order"? Very, very few, yet we will watch them.

What about wealth and our giving to the needy. Look at us in Australia, million Dollar properties in very expensive areas. How many doors are open lije Abdul'baha's were.

I am part of all that in my own selfish and negligent ways, but I am just offering that the Will of God can be known, it depends on how much our mind in attached to this world, or how it is freed from this world to embrace what is the Will of God for each if us, and for all humanity.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is not about me. I know I am a lot better off than most people. I am worried about Lewis, not about myself, and I am doing all I can do to help him. The rest is in God's hands.

He created us so we can evolve over time and be happy? To me that is nothing more than a platitude, but you will have to address this on my new thread since this is not a debate forum. ;)

Just remember discussion does also include the clash of different opinions.

The key is that the opinions do not become an argument, we can give the opinions but not be attached to them, be willing to see change where change is needed.

Not an easy task, it is always an issue for me:D;)

Regards Tony

Truthseeker

Personally I see it is all in the manual and Abdul'baha is the complete, clear, full Instruction Manual.

We have ample writings and recorded eye witness examples of all that is required, to guide all the aspects of our lives.

Oir issue is Materialism, it is preventing us from reading all the Manual, and even if we read it all, Materialism even prevents us from considering that many of the Instructions are applicable to us, or we do not see how they are applicable to us.

A good example is what many choose to partake of as "entertainment". How appropriate is any if the arts these days, how many shows we can watch on TV are feeding the attributes of a "New World Order"? Very, very few, yet we will watch them.

What about wealth and our giving to the needy. Look at us in Australia, million Dollar properties in very expensive areas. How many doors are open lije Abdul'baha's were.

I am part of all that in my own selfish and negligent ways, but I am just offering that the Will of God can be known, it depends on how much our mind in attached to this world, or how it is freed from this world to embrace what is the Will of God for each if us, and for all humanity.

Regards Tony
The number of things we could do are infinite or close to it.