• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A truly interesting meeting with LDS

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I learned so much, wow
And both of them ( now both my friends) waa two gentle souls who both talked about their faith, but took their time to listen to me.
They asked questions and when I replied, they was surprised to learn we was thinking and believe very similar :)

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
I don't know if the church still exists, but there was a Mormon church in my neighborhood. Since the American missionaries apparently didn't make enough disciples the regular way in a largely atheist region, they offered "English lessons" once a week. I had an English exam coming up at the time and still had major problems with listening comprehension. The Mormons were my only opportunity to talk to "real Americans." The texts they provided were not directly religious, but kind of "corny." One text was about a football player whose blind father had recently died, and who was now playing especially well because he knew that Jesus had given eyesight to his father in heaven, and that his father was now watching him from heaven, watching his football games.

After three weeks, I realized that my value system had totally shifted in relation to the Mormons and that I had been soft-boiled by the corny stories without noticing.

There are some people out there who want your soul. Decide wisely. ;)

Jane.Doe

That's absolutely awesome to hear!

I'm also an LDS Christian, let me know if you ever want to chat. I'm not a prostlyizer, just a epson that enjoys better understanding what different folks believe -- it helps me better understand and love them.