• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A sky-news report

xander-

SoyLeche said:
In case you didn't notice - I called EVERYONE biased. Don't take it personally. You're very likely no more biased than I am. Quite possibly less.

Good, then we agree :)

Yerda

Veteran Member
xander- said:
Galloway isn't a Scotsman, his accent threw me off. He's from Ireland.
George Galloway was born in Dundee. He's Scottish.

The guy's great value I suppose. He's a fantastic debater, very articulate and straight for the throat.

As a 'champion for Palestine' I think he correctly identified a severe injustice and rather unfashionably (at the time) stood against it. His stance is often nuts though. He appears to sympathise with anyone who opposes Israel and the West. Take this gem, "Hezbollah has never been a terrorist organisation".

Aye, right George.

c0da

I can't stand him and this video has intensified my dislike of him.

I had to laugh at some sections where he was trying to paint a good picture of Hezballah and their obtaining of weapons from Iran. I guess he must have forgotten that Hizballah and Lebanon have both called for the destruction of Israel then.

He also calls Israel's occupation of the Sheba'a Farms 'Israel's occupation of Lebanese territory' and tries to justify Hizballah's atrocities using that - even though Sheba'a Farms is Syrian territory!

Smoke

Done here.
c0da said:
He also calls Israel's occupation of the Sheba'a Farms 'Israel's occupation of Lebanese territory' and tries to justify Hizballah's atrocities using that - even though Sheba'a Farms is Syrian territory!
Whether Shebaa Farms is Syrian or Lebanese territory is itself a matter of fierce debate.

I find it disturbing that Galloway tries to justify the actions of Hezbollah, but no more disturbing than others' trying to justify the actions of the IDF.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
kai said:
galloway is a joke , a very bad joke . I personally wish he would move to his beloved arab countries and practise his free speech or Cuba he likes it there so much

Do you have any problem with Arab countries?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
c0da said:
Hizballah and Lebanon have both called for the destruction of Israel then.

It's their FULL right to ask for the destruction of Israel and i don't have to prove it for you because you can see what they DID and still DOING to their country, TOTAL REAL DESTRUCTION BUT NOT JUST CALLING FOR IT.

He also calls Israel's occupation of the Sheba'a Farms 'Israel's occupation of Lebanese territory' and tries to justify Hizballah's atrocities using that

Not at all, it's not occupation but colonization and stealing lands from others by capturing it.

even though Sheba'a Farms is Syrian territory!

According to Wiki,

Shebaa Farms is a small area of disputed ownership located at the junction of Syria, Lebanon, and Israel. Prior to the 1967 war it was under direct Syrian control. It was captured by Israel during the war with Syria. The area is located between the Lebanese village of Shebaa on the northwestern slopes of Mount Hermon, the Druze village of Majdal Shams in the Golan Heights (about seven km away), and Israeli towns that it overlooks below such as Qiryat Shemona.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shebaa_Farms

Was under Syrian control only and it's not Syrian territory. It was captured later on by Israel, then the UN gave it to Israel by default. LOL

c0da

It's their FULL right to ask for the destruction of Israel and i don't have to prove it for you because you can see what they DID and still DOING to their country, TOTAL REAL DESTRUCTION BUT NOT JUST CALLING FOR IT.

Oh don't give me that. Hizballah and Iran's sabre rattling was going on before Israeli incursions into Lebanon.

Was under Syrian control only and it's not Syrian territory. It was captured later on by Israel, then the UN gave it to Israel by default. LOL

Ok, but my point still remains. Why is Galloway trying to legitimise the actions of a Lebanese terrorist group when the land they are supposedly fighting about was originally Syrian.

Ody

xander- said:
Ouch, that is seeming to say that I'm bias.. That's not nice, you don't even know me!

Haha, no but honestly, the news in Denmark is just news, telling you upfront everything. Neither taking a opinion nor putting a specific party in a positive/negative light, it is really non-bias.

Every newsources has atleast minimal bias...

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
c0da said:
Oh don't give me that. Hizballah and Iran's sabre rattling was going on before Israeli incursions into Lebanon.

Oh man, don't tell me you don't know that Lebanon was invaded by Israel several time before this time, even worse one !!!

Ok, but my point still remains. Why is Galloway trying to legitimise the actions of a Lebanese terrorist group when the land they are supposedly fighting about was originally Syrian.

It wasn't and it won't be but it was only controlled by them during war time.

greatcalgarian

Terrywoodenpic said:
Galloway Has always been a fighter for the underdog.
In recent years that has meant the Arabs the Cubans and the catholic Irish.
He has been attacked by the British and American establishment many times.
He has been taken to court over the accuracy of his statements on several occasions.
He has always been found correct and won.
He has out stayed a number of prime ministers and presidents.
He has been thrown out of the labour party on at least one occasion.
He has out faced the US senate committee over Iraq.
He has been re-elected by the popular vote of his constituency, against opposition of
all parties.
HE is not a little man.

What he says makes many, who hold establishment ideas, very angry.
But what he says is with honest belief.

As to the popularity of Blair and his Middle East policies, he is now very much on his own; Polls have shown that Israeli popularity is at an all time low in the UK
Blair's popularity is below that needed to get re-elected.
The British Cabinet is totally split over his ME policy.
Even our Foreign minister stopped the US flying bombs to Israel via the UK.

You can find few who are now prepared to openly support the Israeli position in the UK

:clap :clap
He is one of my bad boy 'hero'. He has done a few stupid things. And I believe very soon some anti-Galloway is going to bring that up, just like in another thread a few months back.

greatcalgarian

Jaiket said:
George Galloway was born in Dundee. He's Scottish.

The guy's great value I suppose. He's a fantastic debater, very articulate and straight for the throat.

As a 'champion for Palestine' I think he correctly identified a severe injustice and rather unfashionably (at the time) stood against it. His stance is often nuts though. He appears to sympathise with anyone who opposes Israel and the West. Take this gem, "Hezbollah has never been a terrorist organisation".

Aye, right George.

Did you vote for him?:p

Smoke

Done here.
greatcalgarian said:
That is not Israel territory for sure. What are they doing there?:D
It is kind of an interesting line of reasoning, isn't it? Lebanon says it's Lebanese territory; Syria says it's Lebanese territory; Israel says it's Syrian territory, and therefore Israel has the right to occupy it.

c0da

Oh man, don't tell me you don't know that Lebanon was invaded by Israel several time before this time, even worse one !!!

And don't tell me you don't even know that Israel pulled out of Lebanon in 2000...

c0da

Terrywoodenpic said:
But what he says is with honest belief

Which makes the fact that he said the assasination of Blair would be morally justified all the more frightening.

greatcalgarian

MidnightBlue said:
It is kind of an interesting line of reasoning, isn't it? Lebanon says it's Lebanese territory; Syria says it's Lebanese territory; Israel says it's Syrian territory, and therefore Israel has the right to occupy it.

Interesting. I have never thought of it this way. Now I found a solution for the shortage of oil for China. What China need to say is that:

The Alaska people say that Alaska is US territory, Canada says it's US territory; China says it's Canadian territory, and therefore China has the right to occupy it. That's cool, must quickly let the Chinese Premier know about this, and inform our Canadian prime minister as well.:D

Ezzedean

JamesThePersian said:
I'd have to say that he's not incorrect about Christians supporting Hezbollah if he was talking about Lebanon. I've heard quite a lot from the Christian community there because quite a high proportion are Orthodox under the Patriarch of Antioch (those that aren't Maronite Catholics). They certainly didn't support Hezbollah to start off with but now seem to view them as attempting to defend Lebanon from aggression. This has particularly been the case since Israel started bombing Christian areas (including an Orthodox Church). Whilst I can't agree with supporting Hezbollah nor can I agree with supporting Israel in this conflict. And if I try to put myself in the shoes of my fellow Christians in Lebanon, I can certainly understand why support for Hezbollah might seem the best option, even if I do think it is wrong.

James

I'd have to say that you are incorrect. I am from Lebanon, and have plenty of family and friends within Leebanon... and the Christians are behind Hizbulla...

Ody

greatcalgarian said:
The Alaska people say that Alaska is US territory, Canada says it's US territory; China says it's Canadian territory, and therefore China has the right to occupy it. That's cool, must quickly let the Chinese Premier know about this, and inform our Canadian prime minister as well.:D

Interesting you would come up with a scheme to help the government of China.. ;)