• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A simulation from nothing?

DavidFirth

And who created I AM? Since as you say only nothing comes from nothing then either SOMETHING created I AM or I AM is nothing. You can't have it both ways, so get over yourself..

What's your brilliant explanation for the "first thing"? What's wrong, cat got your tongue?

I AM existed first. Not your big bang that seemingly came out of nowhere.

QuestioningMind

What's your brilliant explanation for the "first thing"? What's wrong, cat got your tongue?

I AM existed first. Not your big bang that seemingly came out of nowhere.

There is not yet enough evidence available for a definitive answer. And that's okay. Scientific knowledge is CONSTANTLY evolving as new information is uncovered. What would be truly ridiculous and childish would be to simply make up a fantastical Sky Daddy who did it all just so you can feel superior by pretending that can answer such questions. It's rather sad and pathetic.

And how exactly does your Sky Daddy who 'came out of nowhere' make your argument any more probable?

DavidFirth

There is not yet enough evidence available for a definitive answer. And that's okay. Scientific knowledge is CONSTANTLY evolving as new information is uncovered. What would be truly ridiculous and childish would be to simply make up a fantastical Sky Daddy who did it all just so you can feel superior by pretending that can answer such questions. It's rather sad and pathetic.

And how exactly does your Sky Daddy who 'came out of nowhere' make your argument any more probable?

Hmm. Genesis 1 & 2 sound very plausible to me. And about 2 billion other people believe it so there isn't anything wrong with me because I believe it and you don't.

QuestioningMind

Hmm. Genesis 1 & 2 sound very plausible to me. And about 2 billion other people believe it so there isn't anything wrong with me because I believe it and you don't.

Hey, you and 2 billion other people are more than welcome to pretend like you have answers that you don't. Still seems rather sad and pathetic to me.

DavidFirth

Hey, you and 2 billion other people are more than welcome to pretend like you have answers that you don't. Still seems rather sad and pathetic to me.

Well, you pretend that you have the answers when you don't and even teach your crap in schools as if it were established fact, which it is not. At least we aren't being hypocritical about it. We say it is fact because God said it is. There is no "maybe" about it as far as we are concerned.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Well, you pretend that you have the answers when you don't and even teach your crap in schools as if it were established fact, which it is not. At least we aren't being hypocritical about it. We say it is fact because God said it is. There is no "maybe" about it as far as we are concerned.
Again you show you do not know the difference between fact and belief.

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
No, you just don't understand the Almighty God. That's your problem, not mine.

One would think if he was such an "almighty" god he could defend himself rather than relying upon his believers, unless of course he is not in existence to defend himself and the believers are merely defending a fictional concept.

DavidFirth

One would think if he was such an "almighty" god he could defend himself rather than relying upon his believers, unless of course he is not in existence to defend himself and the believers are merely defending a fictional concept.

He doesn't need to defend Himself and He doesn't need anybody else to do it, either. What on Earth are you going to do to Him that's going to matter?

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
What on Earth are you going to do to Him that's going to matter?

Yet he seems overly concerned by everything that we do. Perhaps man's perception of what he personally dislikes has been mentally and psychologically transferred to this fictional being in order to make a more profound impact on societal change through what man himself dislikes about humanity.

QuestioningMind

How silly! Did you even read my previous post?

"There is not yet enough evidence available for a definitive answer. And that's okay. Scientific knowledge is CONSTANTLY evolving as new information is uncovered."

There is no 'pretending' involved. Science is ALWAYS based on what we know 'so far' and will ALWAYS evol;ve as new information is uncovered

What they teach is schools is what the scientific method has concluded based upon the available information. Are you suggesting that science should not be taught in schools because all of the information isn't yet available? It's POSSIBLE that the theory that the Earth orbits the sun is wrong, even though ALL of the evidence we have thus far suggests that it actually DOES orbit the sun. Should we not teach children that the Earth orbits the sun, just because it's POSSIBLE that future discoveries will show that all the evidence we have thus far is wrong? Or should we teach that the Earth DOES orbit the sun, based on what all of the evidence indicates thus far?

And as I said before, you and other are MORE than welcome to pretend as if you KNOW that what's written in the bible is God's word... and that you have somehow interpreted it correctly. Doesn't change the fact that it's a rather sad and pathetic thing to do.

DavidFirth

Yet he seems overly concerned by everything that we do. Perhaps man's perception of what he personally dislikes has been mentally and psychologically transferred to this fictional being in order to make a more profound impact on societal change through what man himself dislikes about humanity.

He loves you and wants you to believe the Gospel and be saved. If you do not want to hear the Gospel it isn't God's fault. He has provided a way and if you don't want to go that way then you don't want to be saved in spite of the fact that He sent His son to die for your sin. Pretty simple, really.