• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A serious question for the Muslims

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Do you feel able to be totally 'impartial' if you live either in the States, or in Europe ? What I am trying to get at is that life as a Muslim, I am sure, is very different for a Muslim living in Iraq than for those who have settled elsewhere.

Do you feel you have any 'implied duty' to the country that has adopted you, and if you haven't, do you belive you have the right to abuse the administration of that country?

Nehustan

Neither of the above, and as to my foreign blood, it's European and was 'adopted' multiple hundreds of years ago. Oh I forgot...I'm not a real muslim because I'm not a 'darkie'.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Nehustan said:
Neither of the above, and as to my foreign blood, it's European and was 'adopted' multiple hundreds of years ago. Oh I forgot...I'm not a real muslim because I'm not a 'darkie'.

Fair enough, but I think the question still remains; presumably your alligience lies with the Muslims. How do you feel about making a stand for their cause, when living in the West ? Is there a conflict of interests?

Nehustan

More of a crisis of conscience intially, than a conflict of interests. Luckily for me I have rather good connections which enables me to know certain things that are not apparent via the media, and at this moment Allah has lightened the burden on my soul. I hope that this ease remains insha Allah.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Nehustan said:
More of a crisis of conscience intially, than a conflict of interests. Luckily for me I have rather good connections which enables me to know certain things that are not apparent via the media, and at this moment Allah has lightened the burden on my soul. I hope that this ease remains insha Allah.

Insha Allah indeed...............:)

In becoming a muslim,as far as I have understood and experienced, you lose all nationality and individual identity.

In a sense you move freely in a new world.

Its what Ive felt more and more living here,in Pakistan as a "visitor".