• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A rock and a hard place

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When someone says, "no comment", it usually means he is hiding something.

And we get to GUESS what you are hiding.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Savagewind,
Witnesses do not teach that Jesus has come, but that he is going to come again very shortly. The Bible tells us to keep on the watch for his coming, Matt 24:42,44.

The Watchtower which is the teaching aid for the JWs says that Jesus came to inspect the people calling themselves Christian and at that time chose the Bible Students who became the Jehovah's Witnesses to teach God's truth.

Is there new light respecting the coming of Jesus in 1919? Did Jesus come in 1919?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can plainly see that there is a huge organization which teaches confusion and I am sorely aware that it is OK by The Washington Post and everyone else.
I want to be no part of that. And I am.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you not understand the question?

Do Jehovah's Witnesses teach that Jesus has not come again?
Do Jehovah's Witnesses teach that Jesus came in 1919 and at that time chose the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses to be his people?

Is that not teaching confusion?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2008003
Jesus described the sign of his presence, not to point out something that humans could see with their eyes, but to help them discern something that would occur in heaven. Thus, Jesus said: “The kingdom of God is not coming with striking observableness.” (Luke 17:20) How, then, would the sign show those on earth that Christ’s presence had begun?

3. Jesus’ presence would be marked by a time of profound troubles here on earth.Jesus said that his presence as King in heaven would be marked on earth by wars, famines, earthquakes, pestilences, and lawlessness. (Matthew 24:7-12; Luke 21:10, 11) What would cause all this misery? The Bible explains that Satan, “the ruler of this world,” is full of rage because he knows that his time is very short now that Christ’s presence as King has begun. (John 12:31; Revelation 12:9, 12) Such visible evidence of Satan’s rage and of Christ’s presence has been abundant in our time. Especially since 1914, a year that historians acknowledge was a turning point, has this evidence appeared on an unprecedented and global scale.

To "be present" a person would have to have come. Correct? So Jesus has come because he is present with the Jehovah's Witnesses. True?
Is Jesus present with the Jehovah's Witnesses?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Please bear with me. I want to try this again.
Matthew 24:26

The Jehovah's Witnesses say that they have been chosen by God to teach the truth about God to the world.
They say they are the only way to learn the truth about God.
They say Christ is the head of their organization.

If Christ is the head of their organization then he is with them to lead them and Christians should give heed to them.

But if we do, are we not ignoring the warning, "So if anyone tells you....... or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it."
watchtower-december-15-1971-p749-organization-chart.jpg

Savagewind,
Witnesses do not teach that Jesus has come, but that he is going to come again very shortly. The Bible tells us to keep on the watch for his coming, Matt 24:42,44.
Even though the second coming of Jesus has not happened yet, it is very close, as the world conditions prove, beyond any doubt. In Matthew chapt 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21, many of the signs that Jesus' disciples asked him about at Matthew 24:3, which are the many signs of Jesus coming.
2Timothy 4:1-5, these say that people will not listen to truth, but will gather preachers together to teach them what they want to hear.
Titus 1:16, says that people say they know God, but their works prove they are lying.
Jesus taught that only truth was acceptable to God, John 4:23,24, Paul taught the same, 2Thessalonians 2:9-13, Ps 145:18.
According to all the signs that Jesus told us to look for, Jesus is near, at the door, Luke 21:31,32.
Don't wait until it is too late, Luke 21:25-28. If a person has not learned before Jesus comes again, let will be too late, 2Thessalonians 1:6-9.

I think the JW teach that Jesus' coming is associated with the judgement of all ungodly people and that is what the JWs teach that we should watch for. Watch for Jesus coming as executioner.

Jesus never said, "I am God's executioner". He DID say, "I am the way, the truth and the life". So that is what I believe we are to watch for!

Jehovah's Witnesses teach that their governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses are the people to listen to about Jesus' presence.

Tell us the truth, please. Is Jesus WITH YOU?

Say,"yes", and you are in fact saying, "he is in [our] inner chambers. " Matthew 24:26

Say, "no", and you are saying he did not come in 1919 to choose you as his people. Matthew 24:45-47

That is called a rock and a hard place.

Maybe you will say that Jesus chose the JWs from heaven. Is that it? HOW do they know?
JWs trust that the governing body is made up of the 144,000 and the 144,000 are in heaven. I think the Watchtower teaches that some of the 144,000 have been resurrected already.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My, saying, "I know I will be of the 144,000", is me foretelling the future. Isn't it?
Is telling the future something I might do, do you think?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am waiting. I shouldn't give up on you.

I will take this time (lots and lots of time) to tell you a true story.

There is a woman in town who was my friend when I was a Jehovah's Witness. Since my leaving the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses I have come across her a few times. Each time she seems to try hard to ignore me. She is shunning me per order of the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses. I do not know what she thinks. I know the JWs are being fed food at the proper time (according to them) about how to manage "apostates". The thing is the people who shun others are believing the governing body, who they DO NOT KNOW, who say that people who leave the organization fit the holy people's description of people who must be shunned. My sin? Oh, I probably have more than one but is it my leaving that they shun me for?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I thought of another sin. Haha Sentences that are hard to read. What? Do you not want to exercise your brain? I wonder why.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The New World Translation
But the one who has endured* to the end will be saved.+
Matthew 24:13
Mark 13:13
Luke 21:19
Hebrews 10:36

According to the NWT, a person must endure to the end to gain God's special blessings.
People alive of the 144,000 have not come to their end yet.
Yet they claim that we should care for them and obey them so that we might endure to OUR end.

WHY has God chosen men who have not yet proved that they have remained faithful until their earthly end to teach the truth?

Oeste

Savagewind,

That's not entirely accurate:

“‘On arriving’ to inspect the ‘slave’ in 1918, Christ found a spirit-anointed remnant of faithful disciples who since 1879 had been using this journal [the Watchtower] and other Bible-based publications to provide spiritual ‘food at the proper time.’ He acknowledged them as his collective instrument, or ‘slave,’ and in 1919 entrusted them with the management of all his earthly belongings.” Watchtower 2007 Apr 1 p.22

12jtartar

Premium Member
That's not entirely accurate:

“‘On arriving’ to inspect the ‘slave’ in 1918, Christ found a spirit-anointed remnant of faithful disciples who since 1879 had been using this journal [the Watchtower] and other Bible-based publications to provide spiritual ‘food at the proper time.’ He acknowledged them as his collective instrument, or ‘slave,’ and in 1919 entrusted them with the management of all his earthly belongings.” Watchtower 2007 Apr 1 p.22

Oeste,
I have searched the Scriptures and I find no evidence in Scripture of an Inspection in 1918, or any other time. The term, Inspection, seems to be a wrong translation, as the translation should be Visitation, and this has a very bad ending, for it is speaking about Armageddon, 1Peter 2:12.
Another point to think about is, Jesus only COMES TWO times, once in the first century, and one more time at the end of this rotten system of things, at Armageddon, Hebrews 9:28, for the Salvation of Jesus’ followers. Any time Jesus’ COMING is mentioned, it is speaking about the time Jesus COMES to Judge mankind, Acts 17:30,31, also mentioned at Matthew 16:27 and 25:31-46, Revelation 19:11-21. Agape!!!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Oeste,
I have searched the Scriptures and I find no evidence in Scripture of an Inspection in 1918, or any other time. The term, Inspection, seems to be a wrong translation, as the translation should be Visitation, and this has a very bad ending, for it is speaking about Armageddon, 1Peter 2:12.
Another point to think about is, Jesus only COMES TWO times, once in the first century, and one more time at the end of this rotten system of things, at Armageddon, Hebrews 9:28, for the Salvation of Jesus’ followers. Any time Jesus’ COMING is mentioned, it is speaking about the time Jesus COMES to Judge mankind, Acts 17:30,31, also mentioned at Matthew 16:27 and 25:31-46, Revelation 19:11-21. Agape!!!
How is Jesus the "head of" of the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witness but not present?

Christ Leads His Congregation — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY

2 Jesus not only assigned his disciples the life-saving work of making more disciples but also promised to be with them.........5 The Bible book of Revelation shows that the faithful and discreet slave is directly under the control of Jesus Christ.

Last edited: