• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A rock and a hard place

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Matthew 24:26

The Jehovah's Witnesses say that they have been chosen by God to teach the truth about God to the world.
They say they are the only way to learn the truth about God.
They say Christ is the head of their organization.

If Christ is the head of their organization then he is with them to lead them and Christians should give heed to them.

But if we do, are we not ignoring the warning, "So if anyone tells you....... or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it."
watchtower-december-15-1971-p749-organization-chart.jpg

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A 1971 illustration from the Watchtower positions the Governing Body as representatives of the Faithful and Discreet Slave, which included all of the Anointed. This was never in effect the case, as only the Governing Body ever had any final say over procedure and doctrine. In the Annual Meeting of 2012, the Governing Body finally openly proclaimed that they alone had this power vested in them, and alone hold position as the Slave.

The Governing Body rules by fiat; that is, they have absolute authority. It is said that the Watchtower Governing Body must be submitted to because Jesus actively directs them.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/governing-body.php

The diagram was published in the Watchtower. It is not a creation of an apostate coming from the Jehovah's Witnesses.

2ndpillar

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/governing-body.php

" The Governing Body rules by fiat; that is, they have absolute authority. It is said that the Watchtower Governing Body must be submitted to because Jesus actively directs them."

The diagram was published in the Watchtower. It is not a creation of an apostate coming from the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Dear savage,
They have knelt down before their god Paul, and have adopted his levels of leadership program. Yeshua taught the you should call no one "teacher" for you are all brothers, and call no one "leader", for there is only one leader. The false prophet Paul of Mt 7:15, leads the "many" to destruction, whether they be of one "Christian" church or of another.

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe

The Jehovah's Witnesses say that they have been chosen by God to teach the truth about God to the world.

If Christ is the head of their organization then he is with them to lead them and Christians should give heed to them.

But if we do, are we not ignoring the warning, "So if anyone tells you....... or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it."

Back when I was an avid Bible reader I once played this game with a JW. She was an elder lady who'd regularly bring the Watchtower to my grandmother. My grandmother was a Catholic and I used to read all her Christian books, and the Watchtower, of course. In short, I answered to all of the JW's claims, ending with Matthew 24. As she was alone, she had no partner to divert the discussion, and she said to me: "There is Satan speaking." I'm still proud of that.:smilingimp:

12jtartar

Premium Member

Savagewind,
Witnesses do not teach that Jesus has come, but that he is going to come again very shortly. The Bible tells us to keep on the watch for his coming, Matt 24:42,44.
Even though the second coming of Jesus has not happened yet, it is very close, as the world conditions prove, beyond any doubt. In Matthew chapt 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21, many of the signs that Jesus' disciples asked him about at Matthew 24:3, which are the many signs of Jesus coming. These many signs, that actually make up 39 composit signs, are so easily seen, that they pinpoint this generation that is living now to be the one in which Jesus returns. Not only are are the signs easily seen now, but they are at an unprecedented scale. For example WARS, Matthew 24:6,7, Revelation 6:3,4, more people have been killed by wars in this generation, than all the generations since Jesus uttered those words.
Luke 21:11-Great earthquakes, we have had about ten times more great earthquakes in this generation, than in the years before.
Luke 21:11, food shortages. Around one third of the world is hungry, and many NEVER have a full stomach, and many others do not have nourishing food, any many NO clean water.
Luke 21:11, Pestilences- AIDS, Ebola,, and many other diseases, and now doctors are scared to death, because the next great plague is overdue, and many diseases that were easily cured, now have no medicine that will cure them.
Notice 2Timothy 3:1-7, Do these scriptures remind you of people today???
What about the first chapter of Romans, starting with verse 14???
Think about 2Peter 3:1-7
2Timothy 4:1-5, these say that people will not listen to truth, but will gather preachers together to teach them what they want to hear. Think about today, if a preacher was hired and he spoke the truth, he would be fired within a few weeks, at tha most. People do not want truth, they want their preachers to make them feel good about themselves, even though they know they are living lives that are not acceptable to God.
Titus 1:16, says that people say they know God, but their works prove they are lying.
Jesus taught that only truth was acceptable to God, John 4:23,24, Paul taught the same, 2Thessalonians 2:9-13, Ps 145:18.
According to all the signs that Jesus told us to look for, Jesus is near, at the door, Luke 21:31,32.
Don't wait until it is too late, Luke 21:25-28. If a person has not learned before Jesus comes again, let will be too late, 2Thessalonians 1:6-9.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Savagewind,
Witnesses do not teach that Jesus has come, but that he is going to come again very shortly. The Bible tells us to keep on the watch for his coming, Matt 24:42,44.
Please explain how Jesus can be head of the Christain Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses but not present.
HOW do the members of the governing body know they are of the 144,000 who are standing with Jesus if Jesus is not here?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Think about 2Peter 3:1-7
Jesus is head of the Christain Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses or not?
Is it possible for YOU to rethink 2 Peter 3:1-7? Is it possible the writer wrote that there will be people saying that Jesus is with them? If, like you say , Jesus is not here, how do you know he is for you?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How do the Jehovah's Witnesses know Matthew 24:42-44 means watch for his coming to the World and does not mean watch for his coming to each one?
Revelation 3:20 Matthew 24:33 compare Acts of the Apostles 17:27 Jeremiah 23:23 John 10:3 (if Jesus is not here with his sheep whose voice is the gb of JWs hearing?) Matthew 28:20

Please explain what "with you" means.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Strong's Concordance
meta: with, among, after
Original Word: μετά
Part of Speech: Preposition
Transliteration: meta
Phonetic Spelling: (met-ah')
Short Definition: with, after
Definition: (a) gen: with, in company with, (b) acc: (1) behind, beyond, after, of place, (2) after, of time, with nouns, neut. of adjectives.
HELPS Word-studies
3326 metá (a preposition) – properly, with ("after with"), implying "change afterward" (i.e. what results after the activity). As an active "with," 3326(metá) looks towards the after-effect (change, result) which is only defined by the context.

[3326 (metá) before a vowel is written met (meth).]

http://biblehub.com/greek/3326.htm

Matthew 28:20

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The question is how can the shepherd Jesus Christ lead his sheep if he isn't here.

The answer is the governing body are making [things] up.

The question is for what are they making things up.

It is to get the whole world between a rock and a hard place. Why would anyone want to get there?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I might be happy to hear HOW Jesus leads the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses while not present. Please

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So Jesus Christ is not with the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses because he has not come again yet.
But is it not taught in the Watchtower that to obey the elders of the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses is to obey Jesus Christ?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Just so you know, the last time I knew, the Jehovah's Witnesses are certain that Jesus Christ does not come again physically. On the other hand, they are certain that he is the head of the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, but he is not present yet.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I wouldn't be talking to myself if, you know, someone was talking to me. I know why SOME people won't engage in conversation with me. But I do not know why ALL people won't.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Savagewind,
Witnesses do not teach that Jesus has come, but that he is going to come again very shortly.
Is the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses presently headless?
Another of putting it.
Are the members of the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses deciding things without Jesus Christ?