• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Reminder

Friend of Mara

BULL****!
I mailed mine in and it's been counted. Don't buy into all the panic and fear over nothing. That rhetoric has caused real damage and harm for people who rely on the mail, such as farmers and those who get medications by mail. It's worked pretty well up until now.
My advice to my friends was to vote in person if possible. Just because the SC does have a supermajority of conservatives now. While it isn't unlikely I would still like to make 100% shenanigans about mail in ballots don't get to even cross Trump's lips.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If they get overwhelmed by this point I will be utterly shocked as that would put the mail-in ballot rate over to even higher than it already is. But it's already been setting records and this overwhelming scenario has not come to fruition. It seems most who are voting by mail have already done so. 90 million have already voted, so it may be that most people who are voting at all have already done so.
Some of us engineers (the paranoid ones) spend less time
planning for what might go right than on what might go wrong.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Some of us engineers (the paranoid ones) spend less time
planning for what might go right than on what might go wrong.
It basically would be by what states allow at this point, but these fears of an overwhelmed system just didn't seem to happen.
The USPS handles Christmas. It seems they can also handle an election with record breaking mail-in voting.
My advice to my friends was to vote in person if possible.
That, of course, defeats the purpose of why so many states eased up on absentee ballot rules this year in response to a deadly pandemic.
We've had non-in person voting options for awhile now. It's nothing new.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It basically would be by what states allow at this point, but these fears of an overwhelmed system just didn't seem to happen.
The USPS handles Christmas. It seems they can also handle an election with record breaking mail-in voting.
I agree that the risk of mail delay is low.
But I see no good reason to take it,
given how easy it was to drop it off.
If my vote weren't counted, it could be
the reason that Jorgensen didn't win.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Arrrooooooo!!!!!!!!

Trivia question...
Do you know why Nixon says that?
I've heard it's based on the quote "It is Nixon himself....who speaks for the Werewolf in us." - Hunter S. Thompson.
I've also heard the voice actor just felt like it was something Nixon would have done if he could have.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've heard it's based on the quote "It is Nixon himself....who speaks for the Werewolf in us." - Hunter S. Thompson.
I've also heard the voice actor just felt like it was something Nixon would have done if he could have.
I read that Billy West thought Nixon sounded
like he was turning into a werewolf.
If ever I become President, I'm stealing that.
Arrrrooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111