• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Reflection on Helping Your Neighbor

Eyes to See

So my wife and I just finished watching an 'end of the world' movie that just came out called Greenland.

Link on IMDB:
Greenland (2020) - IMDb

It's about a comet that is going to cause and E. L. E. (I think that was made famous in Deep Impact) a extinction level event. And certain people are elected to be flown on planes to Greenland to these bunkers to survive.

Well this family gets picked while they are having a party and the other families want to know why they weren't (they get a call from the government an automated message telling them where to go).

On the way there one of the neighbors jumps in front of their vehicle and tells them to take her daughter, but the father says he can't. Only him and his wife and his son were selected.

My wife asked me, what would you do? I told her that would never happen, God wouldn't allow a natural disaster like that so why ponder something that would never happen. Then I thought about it a moment or two longer...

You know, I said, we know the end of this world is coming. (Not the literal earth but the world of wicked mankind.) Just like it did in Noah's day. You remember Noah preached about the flood all the decades he built the ark and no one listened to him. And my wife said, yeah, and the day he entered the ark God closed the door behind him. I asked her, why do you think it was God that closed the door. We thought about that. Maybe, she said, he would have listened to the people outside begging to be let in and maybe would have wanted to open the door.

I said perhaps. Then I said, you know we look around at all of the people in the world that are in darkness spiritually, and they don't know the end is coming. We have the truth, we know it is so so near. So what do we do now? Don't we tell our neighbors? And what do they do for the most part they just ignore it. But some actively resist the warning message, call us names, lie about us, witnesses are verbally abused, phsyically attacked, thrown into prison, and worse for trying to help their neighbors.

Then I told her, you see when the end comes Jehovah is going to close the door, like he did on the ark. And we will see all those things happening on the streets, rioting, looting on a grand scale, people without love for each other killing each other, faint out of fear for what is going to happen Jesus said.

What are we doing now? Now we are trying to help them, even though the hate us for it, they scorn us, they abuse us, and lie about us. We are doing what is right. We are doing it because we love them, and we know what is about to happen. They have no idea.

But when the great tribualtion starts, we are not going to be able to help them then. Then it will be too late. It will be like that father and that mother telling him to take her daughter with him. Although in the movie it was random, and God wasn't invovled it really made you think about things. Contemplate the warning message that people are receiving now.

I told my wife, if you want to take that daughter with you and the rest of her family, like you know you want to do, then that is what we need to be focused on right now more than ever. Letting the people know, even though we don't know them. Give them a chance to learn about Jehovah and pick Jesus and his kingdom before it is too late.

That is real love of neighbor. And that is required of everyone that knows the truth. They have to warn their neighbors. It is not an option in God's eyes. Or when the end comes he will destroy the wicked for their wickedness, but he will ask your life from you because you knew what was going to come and you did not warn them.

Rye_P

Deo Juvante
That is real love of neighbor. And that is required of everyone that knows the truth. They have to warn their neighbors. It is not an option in God's eyes. Or when the end comes he will destroy the wicked for their wickedness, but he will ask your life from you because you knew what was going to come and you did not warn them.

I might tell my beloved neighbor that he's just a mere human, thus having perspective from God's eye is somewhat a form of arrogance.

Well, less potluck party for me.

Heyo

Veteran Member
So my wife and I just finished watching an 'end of the world' movie that just came out called Greenland.

Link on IMDB:
Greenland (2020) - IMDb

It's about a comet that is going to cause and E. L. E. (I think that was made famous in Deep Impact) a extinction level event. And certain people are elected to be flown on planes to Greenland to these bunkers to survive.

Well this family gets picked while they are having a party and the other families want to know why they weren't (they get a call from the government an automated message telling them where to go).

On the way there one of the neighbors jumps in front of their vehicle and tells them to take her daughter, but the father says he can't. Only him and his wife and his son were selected.

My wife asked me, what would you do? I told her that would never happen, God wouldn't allow a natural disaster like that so why ponder something that would never happen. Then I thought about it a moment or two longer...

You know, I said, we know the end of this world is coming. (Not the literal earth but the world of wicked mankind.) Just like it did in Noah's day. You remember Noah preached about the flood all the decades he built the ark and no one listened to him. And my wife said, yeah, and the day he entered the ark God closed the door behind him. I asked her, why do you think it was God that closed the door. We thought about that. Maybe, she said, he would have listened to the people outside begging to be let in and maybe would have wanted to open the door.

I said perhaps. Then I said, you know we look around at all of the people in the world that are in darkness spiritually, and they don't know the end is coming. We have the truth, we know it is so so near. So what do we do now? Don't we tell our neighbors? And what do they do for the most part they just ignore it. But some actively resist the warning message, call us names, lie about us, witnesses are verbally abused, phsyically attacked, thrown into prison, and worse for trying to help their neighbors.

Then I told her, you see when the end comes Jehovah is going to close the door, like he did on the ark. And we will see all those things happening on the streets, rioting, looting on a grand scale, people without love for each other killing each other, faint out of fear for what is going to happen Jesus said.

What are we doing now? Now we are trying to help them, even though the hate us for it, they scorn us, they abuse us, and lie about us. We are doing what is right. We are doing it because we love them, and we know what is about to happen. They have no idea.

But when the great tribualtion starts, we are not going to be able to help them then. Then it will be too late. It will be like that father and that mother telling him to take her daughter with him. Although in the movie it was random, and God wasn't invovled it really made you think about things. Contemplate the warning message that people are receiving now.

I told my wife, if you want to take that daughter with you and the rest of her family, like you know you want to do, then that is what we need to be focused on right now more than ever. Letting the people know, even though we don't know them. Give them a chance to learn about Jehovah and pick Jesus and his kingdom before it is too late.

I know that feeling. I have been trying to warn people about climate change for 20 years. Too many are still not listening.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
How many people were compassionately killed by bloodletting who otherwise might have lived? This is how I view these end of world claims. It is bloodletting done with love but completely unhelpful. It is not cause for anger or hate, but its not really appreciated either.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
If one realizes the oneness of all beings, the decision to help or warn others becomes quite easy.