• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A non-muslim model says Hijab liberated her

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Salam. I thought she was from Malaysia.

She is, if you Google her, it says she is from Malaysia. Sorry to intrude in the DIR btw, I just always find it interesting when women feel liberated by covering. Good for them! Hopefully she continues on the path she feels is right and doesn't feel pressured by modelling anymore.

Yusz

Exorcist and Mystical
yes, she's from Malaysia.. and sadly, there's some muslims at my country doesn't like it, they said she's give a bad name for Islam because she's used to pose at playboy magazine... Hijab doesn't belong to Islam only, she can wear whatever she feels comfortable.. credit for her

Matemkar

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/islam-dir/157393-non-muslim-model-says-hijab-liberated.html

wa alaikum salam.

Sorry, I did not care about her name and country, rather, I liked the news. And, I liked the fact that she said, nudity made it possible for men to have fun with her but not marry her. Thus, hijab would drive such men away from her. It is nice that she deduced this and that she explained she found happiness, protection and safety with hijab..

But, just to add, there are also those who go after the "unreachable" (e.g. not easily accessible) and this to me is also a sick fantasy. And, I believe, there is no difference between the people who want attention with sexuality/nudity and those who want to draw people's attention with hijab. Same goes for men who either is tempted by either nudity or by the wish of having the unreachable. I don't think I make sense.. lol. I just want to say that modesty for men and women is not just the covering of body and lowering the gaze.. But, these are good reflections of what should be inside the hearts; that is, seeking God's attention/pleasure and not going after others' pleasures, maybe even not caring about what others think. Thus, the intention is more important..

Thank you both and all for your comments.

Brother Yusz. MashaAllah. I agree. hijab does not belong to Islam only, neither do the other practices..

I usually witness Hijab wearing as a necessity of culture, be it muslim, sikhi or christian one or any other..

Why Your Little Daughter Should Be In Hijab - Page 12 - Articles, Graphics, Multimedia, etc.

However, as you said, it is impressing if someone adopts it later or wears it not just as a necessity of a culture but with understanding its philosophy and feeling comfortable with it..

Brother Iti oj and sister Treks, sorry, I see it is removed from the site.. But, using webcache you can reach that page.. Here you go;

hijab.png

ma salam