• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A man sues wife over make-up !

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Hello all

I find it interesting topic , so I want to know your opinion about .

If he had right , or wrong , his decision

I personally find him right,she is wrong :)

12647198_528156104028709_1785455374857500768_n.jpg

This is because he didn't follow Islam, there should be a period which is called "the engagement period" الخطبة,
in this period they should know each others but of course sex isn't allowed and also she isn't allowed
to wear make-up during this period.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
This is because he didn't follow Islam, there should be a period which is called "the engagement period" الخطبة,
in this period they should know each others but of course sex isn't allowed and also she isn't allowed
to wear make-up during this period.

Some views say the two are allowed to see each other before the engagement, as long as it is moderated by the family and the two are serious in the decision of wanting a marriage.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Some views say the two are allowed to see each other before the engagement, as long as it is moderated by the family and the two are serious in the decision of wanting a marriage.

Engagement isn't marriage yet, but both should know each others and see each others but
as i said she isn't allowed to wear makeup and both shouldn't stay in one room alone.

Aquitaine

ah they test each other !!

So you think if man want to check if his future wife don't put make up
He should sleep with her first?
Well, not necessarily have sex. But if said individual is so concerned about makeup, then he could just sleepover, or take her swimming etc.
It doesn't make much sense how such a scenario mentioned in OP could happen to a western couple, as they generally live together for a few years before getting married.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Well, not necessarily have sex. But if said individual is so concerned about makeup, then he could just sleepover, or take her swimming etc.
It doesn't make much sense how such a scenario mentioned in OP could happen to a western couple, as they generally live together for a few years before getting married.
If she don't like swim or don't know

Aquitaine

If she don't like swim or don't know
There's plenty of possibilities: shower together, romantic bath, trip to the Spa, hell even a water gun fight haha.
Again, as a Westerner this isn't really a problem.

Although I'm curious: doesn't Islam always bang on about not judging/doing things based on physical appearance/vanity etc?

Draka

Wonder Woman
That story is either made up or one of the most ridiculous things I've seen. She had plastic surgery. She obviously felt bad enough about her looks that she went under the knife and now she is called ugly and sued? WTH? And honestly, calling a baby incredibly ugly? Your own child? No baby comes out looking model ready anyway but a parent loves them just the same. The man would need sued for trauma inflicted upon her. Pain and suffering, verbal abuse. And reserve the right to sue on behalf of the poor baby too. The man is a monster.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
There's plenty of possibilities: shower together, romantic bath, trip to the Spa, hell even a water gun fight haha.
Again, as a Westerner this isn't really a problem.

Although I'm curious: doesn't Islam always bang on about not judging/doing things based on physical appearance/vanity etc?

What if during the romantic bath both of you make love?