• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Little Ditty 'bout Jack and Diane...Strange Bedfellows

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
For anyone who might think that companionship and love are exclusively human qualities, here's a cute and unusual story about some non-humans that are apparently in love..and probably not among the first species that you might think would be. In fact, it's an interspecies relationship.

"According to the Carolina Waterfowl Rescue, a female emu and a male donkey rescued from an abandoned farm in Kershaw, South Carolina, are "in love."

"They like to cuddle and even sleep together," Jennifer Gordon of the rescue told The Charlotte Observer. The rescue is now looking for someone willing to adopt both a donkey and an emu, she said: "That may not be easy."

According to a Facebook post on the rescue's page, the duo has now been dubbed "Jack and Diane.""

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzEwMi84MDIvb3JpZ2luYWwvZG9ua2V5LWVtdS0yLmpwZz8xNTQxNzEzOTI4

Emu and Donkey Fall in Love

Last edited:

Dave Watchman

I think it happens a lot with cats and horses on farms too. I think that when it get cold, the barn cat will probably look for the horse as a warm place to sleep. And then they bond with each other. It looks like a strong attachment.

You can google cat and horse and select images for loads of examples..

I used to think they were staged but there's too many of them.

cat-horse-friends-sappy-dakota-1.jpg

tmg-article_tall.jpg

animal-planet-37-5.jpg

525359cc45443b6d310443bf436eea1e--best-friends-friends-forever.jpg

Shy Cat Who Grew Up In A Shelter Makes His Very First Friend — A Horse

Tiny Cat Has Been Best Friends With His Horse Since He Was A Kitten