• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A life cut short

Demonic Kitten

Last night I received word that one of my cousins hung himself. He was only 17. My family is still in shock over the whole thing so reality hasn't sat in yet. I am unable to be with my family at this time because I am not good in those situations and I would make it worse. The best thing for me to do is to send them my thoughts and loving energies.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I am so sorry for your family's loss. There simply aren't any words that can alleviate this sort of pain. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I am very sorry to hear of that, especially for your cousin's immediate family and loved ones. It is always a shock and tragedy when these things happen. I wish you all the best.

Demonic Kitten

Thank you everyone! I thought I would post an update here. I found out last night that my cousin was attempting to turn his life around. He made it on the the football team for the very first time and he was planning to join the Marine's when he graduated (which would have been this year). He was not a depressed, suicidal person at all. It is looking like an accident and the police are investigating it.

It is sad to lose a member of my family so young, but it brings me some small comfort to know that he was not suicidal.