• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Happy Thread

Inky

This past Sunday I was here on the forum trying to put into words what I think about perception and objectivity in relation to religion, and had to leave to go to a potluck and evening service at my UU church. We had a great service and discussion and I met some great people from many different life paths, and I came home much happier and started wondering why I'd been so frustrated with my posting earlier that day.

So now I wonder, why should I spend so much time and stress on trying to convince someone that there is no overwhelming evidence for God, or no overwhelming evidence against God, or that the second law of thermodynamics isn't evidence for either side, blah, blah, etc? For the most part the religious people I know are happy being religious and the atheists are happy to be atheists, and even the people who are searching aren't going to be swayed by an argument about subatomic particles or collective perception. It's pretty obvious that religion and the lack thereof are both here to stay.

So, this is a warm fuzzy thread for discussion (not debate) of what makes you happy about your personal religious or nonreligious viewpoint, and how cool it is that people with such different philosophies can get along most of the time and enjoy each other's company. :rainbow1:

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
This past Sunday I was here on the forum trying to put into words what I think about perception and objectivity in relation to religion, and had to leave to go to a potluck and evening service at my UU church. We had a great service and discussion and I met some great people from many different life paths, and I came home much happier and started wondering why I'd been so frustrated with my posting earlier that day.

So now I wonder, why should I spend so much time and stress on trying to convince someone that there is no overwhelming evidence for God, or no overwhelming evidence against God, or that the second law of thermodynamics isn't evidence for either side, blah, blah, etc? For the most part the religious people I know are happy being religious and the atheists are happy to be atheists, and even the people who are searching aren't going to be swayed by an argument about subatomic particles or collective perception. It's pretty obvious that religion and the lack thereof are both here to stay.

So, this is a warm fuzzy thread for discussion (not debate) of what makes you happy about your personal religious or nonreligious viewpoint, and how cool it is that people with such different philosophies can get along most of the time and enjoy each other's company. :rainbow1:

When I first started here, I had the intention of debating whether or not God exists, and the "problem of evil", etc. It didn't take me long to get away from that. I agree how wonderful it is that there is so much diversity. I love learning about it. I now debate more realistic stuff, rather than the existence of God and such. I think the main thing is to keep in mind that on most things you're not going to change anyone's mind. When you debate for the sake of learning, rather than for proving a point, it is much more productive. Good thread! :)

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
:biglaugh: I'm just happy to be on such a happy thread.....I'm happy with my belief, happy to be here, I just feel soooooo bubbly....:bath: Sorry *she says as she reaches for a towel, now I know why I feel so bubbly***......
Have a good day guys......:D

krishnano

It's nice to have a somewhat happy thread. I am done on my debate on religious topics as I did years ago in high school (I'm only 19, so have some perspective here!). I now only want to share Krishna with everyone else, and understand my neighbours as fellow devotees of the One Supreme Lord (or non-existent metaphorical thereof).

Hare Krishna!

Heneni

Miss Independent
The birds are singing...the wind is blowing gently..the sun is peaking through the clouds...the dogs are barking...there is a plane overhead...and all of it just seems so happy. Maybe im just happy.