• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Good Thread

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
No indeed. I've checked the live video feeds on YouTube this morning but it's still too dark to see how much further the lava has encroached into the town. It's slow moving and everyone has had a chance to get out, so no risk to life, but a lot of people may lose their homes and Grindavik is one of Iceland's main fishing ports and processing locations, so economically important for them. It may be they will get away with just a few streets lost, but it will have a dramatic effect on the town as many residents won't want to return in case it goes off again at another spot. I understand there is a national insurance scheme against this kind of disaster so at least they will get compensated for loss of their homes.

The fissure is aligned along the fault system where the Mid-Atlantic ridge comes ashore, so obviously a geologically very volatile spot. No doubt, though, the town would have been founded long before the theory of plate tectonics was developed, so just unfortunate they chose to build there. As it's a spreading centre and also a hotspot, eruptions tend to be of the Hawaiian type: fissures eruptions, lava fountains and no pyroclastic horrors, thank goodness.

By the way I see your W key has come back to life. Or are you using a different machine?

Later addition: It looks as if the fissure close to the town has stopped erupting, for the time being. Here is a video feed:
. This sometimes happens. It starts as a long fissure eruption but then activity focuses down to a handful of vents.
I used to have ongoing nightmares about this kind of stuff...

I alted the W in. I don't always bother in jokes, though, because its tedious.
I wonder what time is to a dog.
Time to eat, or not time to eat.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
Here it is! Just what you've been waiting for!

A good thread at last!

Now, what's it about?

‘A Good Thread’ is about an RF member named Alexander who with a team of other RF members debates a Muslim member in the thread. The Muslim member loses the debate and quits RF. Another member named Chen comes to debate Alexander and his team, and Alexander’s team loses the debate and quits RF. Next, Alexander meets two new members in the thread: Lena and Mya. They are sisters. Afterward, Alexander debates some nasty users in the thread and somehow takes 30,000 frubals seemingly out of nowhere. It turns out that those frubals belong to Chen, the member who was debated with earlier. Chen hacks Mya’s account and changes its password and email address. He says he will give it back to her if Alexander gives him the 30,000 frubals. So, Alexander gives Chen the 30,000 frubals, but Chen doesn’t return Mya’s account. He has a team of RF members debate Alexander, Alexander wins, and the team of debaters quit RF. Then, Alexander has a one-on-one debate with Chen. After Chen quickly loses, Alexander manages to return to Mya her account. Chen quits RF. Lastly, Alexander and Lena have a private conversation in which they, uh, cyber. Why? Because of what he did for Mya.

This is based on a film titled A Good Man.