• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A good heated discussion

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When you say "God being wise, of course, wants to be greatest because if everyone looked to God who is love, then the world would be right" I interpreted it as God wants the best for us.

Im not saying it is false or debating with out a out its validity. Im just puzzled since God is love and love wants the greatest...if everyone look to God the world would be right"

That make sense if love can want. If not, and God is love, speaking logically not spiritually, how does that phrase make sense?

Im asking about the phrasing, the content not the context.
OK. Wants is not the right word. It is obvious love is righteous. It is righteousness that love obeys love's rules. The rule is the greatest must become least. God has become least because God is greatest.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
OK. Wants is not the right word. It is obvious love is righteous. It is righteousness that love obeys love's rules. The rule is the greatest must become least. God has become least because God is greatest.
I understood the first two sentences. Love "obeys" love is weird to say. Id agree that love is righteous. The "greatest must become the least..etc.." what do you mean by that?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I understood the first two sentences. Love "obeys" love is weird to say. Id agree that love is righteous. The "greatest must become the least..etc.." what do you mean by that?

Luke 22:26
Mark 10:43
Matthew 23:11
Mark 9:35

God is the greatest one.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Luke 22:26
Mark 10:43
Matthew 23:11
Mark 9:35

God is the greatest one.
Are there versions to pick. I cant understand any king james.

Also, people in the Bible would say the same thing you would and visa...could you sumarize it without spiritual phrases "this is beyond; we are love upon which God gives us provided" confuses the mess out of me.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Are there versions to pick. I cant understand any king james.

Also, people in the Bible would say the same thing you would and visa...could you sumarize it without spiritual phrases "this is beyond; we are love upon which God gives us provided" confuses the mess out of me.
I do not know what you are asking.

He who is greatest among you shall be your servant. Who is greatest among believers? The one they believe in is the greatest.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The verses you used are king jamees or similar with the thou and doths. I cant understand the meaning behind the verse while translating the language itself.

He who is greatest among you shall be your servant. Who is greatest among believers? The one they believe in
I get first part. In the case of God, how does He lower Himself so that He can be greater?

If He lowered Himself today, would people follow Him or turn away to follow the powerful image and authority in their minds and potrayed in scripture?

He who is greatest among you shall be your servant. Who is greatest among believers? The one they believe in is the greatest.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The verses you used are king jamees or similar with the thou and doths. I cant understand the meaning behind the verse while translating the language itself.

I get first part. In the case of God, how does He lower Himself so that He can be greater?

If He lowered Himself today, would people follow Him or turn away to follow the powerful image and authority in their minds and potrayed in scripture?
God was lowered at the death of God's son. I suppose it is a test. People actually DO follow the image of a powerful vengeful god.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Good discussion Carlita. Thank you very much! Good night. I am sorry I can't remember any of your movie references. They do look familiar though.