• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Dualist Playing GOD

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
This I disagree with.

We name God, because we want and need a form we can reach for, in order to attain the Truth.

The Gods abide, and show themselves to each of us, in the ways that each individual understands it.

The Truth itself may be ineffable. Which is why to name it, allows others to reach for it. One cannot reach for that which is unable to be comprehended.
The Gods were created by something greater. That which is created is temporal. Has a beginning, has an end.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
The Gods were created by something greater. That which is created is temporal. Has a beginning, has an end.

No one is saying the Gods don't have an end. Ragnarok exists.

"What was your face before you were born" and all that.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
This I disagree with.

We name God, because we want and need a form we can reach for, in order to attain the Truth.

The Gods abide, and show themselves to each of us, in the ways that each individual understands it.

The Truth itself may be ineffable. Which is why to name it, allows others to reach for it. One cannot reach for that which is unable to be comprehended.

To extinguish the lamp takes silence. To realize there is a lamp to extinguish, it needs a name.
I have no argument with this. We each kill "god" in our own way.

It is our imperative to be.