• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Dualist Playing GOD

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
Thank you @Fool, for elaborating a bit.

panentheist is God playing/creating.

Panentheistically speaking, individuals are not God. Much like a cell in your body is not you.

You experience via cells, though never from the perspective of those cells, but rather, always from your perspective - which consists of everything that your body experiences as a whole.

A cell [in you], if it has the ability to experience, would only experience its own, limited perspective [within you].

If sentient beings (like you and I) were like cells in a “divine body”, their experience of being would not be God’s and God’s experience, though via them, would not be theirs.

Humbly
Hermit

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
There is still only one whole. I don't have a problem with the idea of varying levels or multiverses. But there is only one uni

Even if that is the case. The Universe is not an independent entity. But an interdependent existence between everything.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

I disagree.

Each part is identical to, and as great as the whole.

Each part is a whole unto itself. Oftentimes an unrealized whole. Universes within universes.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I disagree.

Each part is identical to, and as great as the whole.

Each part is a whole unto itself. Oftentimes an unrealized whole. Universes within universes.
a part can only fuse with other parts by giving up its illusion of individuality, or expanding to eventually realize the whole. A service to self type can't do this and become the whole. Why?

Because it is always in opposition to parts of itself

This is why duality eventually fails.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
a part can only fuse with other parts by giving up its illusion of individuality, or expanding to eventually realize the whole. A service to self type can't do this and become the whole. Why?

Fails?!

Not at all... my wife are both individuals, and One unit; depending on the needs of one or both.

Your logic doesn't follow.

Edit: Dualism always fades away at death. But during life it's an essential facet of ones ability to function in the world.

Without it, once again, one could conclude that the only thing that exists is Self... Do you advise Solipsism?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
There is one forming and having no form. An eternal forming would then appear to have no exact form. This is how an uncreated creator would create
*thumbs up

There is no form per se. To accept "god" as a form, any form, is to give "god" a name, which is the universal no-no. To name "god' is to kill it; the living god is boundless.

That said, we create forms, and we give it to forms to create forms.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Fails?!

Not at all... my wife are both individuals, and One unit; depending on the needs of one or both.

Your logic doesn't follow.

Edit: Dualism always fades away at death. But during life it's an essential facet of ones ability to function in the world.

Without it, once again, one could conclude that the only thing that exists is Self... Do you advise Solipsism?
There is no individual self. There is just one consciousness manifesting as manyness

Love is unconsciously and consciously forming unions everywhere.

Last edited:

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
*thumbs up

There is no form. To accept "god" as a form, any form, is to give "god" a name, which is the universal no-no. To name "god' is to kill it; the living god is boundless.

Duality is.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
*thumbs up

There is no form per se. To accept "god" as a form, any form, is to give "god" a name, which is the universal no-no. To name "god' is to kill it; the living god is boundless.

The tau that can be named, can be formed, is not the enduring tau.

By jove I think u have it.

Best wishes.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
There is no individual self. There is just one consciousness manifesting as manyness

Love is unconsciously and consciously forming unions everywhere.

Yet, here we, and You are. Conversing. About individual opinions.

Neat.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
*thumbs up

This I disagree with.

We name God, because we want and need a form we can reach for, in order to attain the Truth.

The Gods abide, and show themselves to each of us, in the ways that each individual understands it.

The Truth itself may be ineffable. Which is why to name it, allows others to reach for it. One cannot reach for that which is unable to be comprehended.

To extinguish the lamp takes silence. To realize there is a lamp to extinguish, it needs a name.