• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

a Deal with the Devil.

Father

Devourer of Truth
(Question directed towards Christians)

The Devil. Bored out of his mind and a bit tired off all the news conflict (even Satan can get tired of all the drama on repeat) offers you a deal. (no he does not want your soul)
your devout and holy and such Good old honest Christian going to church every Sunday and constantly praying.
the Deal itself only has a condition that you drop worship and symbols you live as nonsecular and non-religious.
in exchange. Satan gives you the Power and ability to fix all of your country's problems. starving children? solved. political corruption? solved. every last solvable issue is somehow solved with your newfound wisdom and power. schools refunded. infrastructure being fixed. more jobs and such for all.

many people benefit from it, many of your own family and friends and devout community. the only cost is. you yourself can no longer be Christian.

would you take the Deal?

a8bdfb067c28709698a949b11e2f3c8d.jpg

Jumi

Though theologians and script writers bear some fault in creating such a horribly illogical construct as Satan as a power that can somehow do these things like they were an option, do you think a Christian would trust Satan to deliver on such promises?

And why would the seal with letters for "G-d"(YHWH) signify a deal with the "Devil"?

Kelly of the Phoenix

A more amusing deal would be a promise to fix everything if everyone turned Christian. The cognitive dissonance alone would make people's heads explode. :)

Father

Devourer of Truth
Though theologians and script writers bear some fault in creating such a horribly illogical construct as Satan as a power that can somehow do these things like they were an option, do you think a Christian would trust Satan to deliver on such promises?

And why would the seal with letters for "G-d"(YHWH) signify a deal with the "Devil"?

the seal itself is a Faustian contract. it could signify abandoning God. or a hint at by what right the power is given.

Father

Devourer of Truth
A more amusing deal would be a promise to fix everything if everyone turned Christian. The cognitive dissonance alone would make people's heads explode. :)
my goal of the question was to see if people value their faith more than doing Good works with help from their considered "Enemy"

how many could give up their prayers and worship for actual power to fix things the only cost be having to know the power comes from your deemed Adversary.

Jumi

the seal itself is a Faustian contract. it could signify abandoning God. or a hint at by what right the power is given.
I heavily doubt someone would invoke a name of the Abrahamic God in such a pact. To me it sounds like someone took a symbol that looked spooky to them with text he didn't understand.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
*shrugs* I like testing the parameters of people's beliefs.
Like I said I'm not saying it's a bad thing. Just that a lot of specific talk bout the minutia of demons, the devil as a sympathetic imparter of choice and will, etc is all very much in their wheelhouse. You might be interested in asking people like @1137 or @SabahTheLoner their views sometime. Might be interesting for you.

Father

Devourer of Truth
I heavily doubt someone would invoke a name of the Abrahamic God in such a pact. To me it sounds like someone took a symbol that looked spooky to them with text he didn't understand.
actually, i just copy and paste the symbol from Black Butler. XD
8a8ce684c3ad2d2330ba7f2dd68e313b.jpg

DavidFirth

(Question directed towards Christians)

The Devil. Bored out of his mind and a bit tired off all the news conflict (even Satan can get tired of all the drama on repeat) offers you a deal. (no he does not want your soul)
your devout and holy and such Good old honest Christian going to church every Sunday and constantly praying.
the Deal itself only has a condition that you drop worship and symbols you live as nonsecular and non-religious.
in exchange. Satan gives you the Power and ability to fix all of your country's problems. starving children? solved. political corruption? solved. every last solvable issue is somehow solved with your newfound wisdom and power. schools refunded. infrastructure being fixed. more jobs and such for all.

many people benefit from it, many of your own family and friends and devout community. the only cost is. you yourself can no longer be Christian.

would you take the Deal?

a8bdfb067c28709698a949b11e2f3c8d.jpg

NO. The devil is a liar and enemy to all Christians. No way I would listen to anything he has to say.

Jumi

actually, i just copy and paste the symbol from Black Butler. XD
That makes sense. This is Japanese, if I'm not mistaken. They've probably picked up a symbol, changed it a bit and said this looks cool. Kind of like those people who get kanji tattoos that mean fish soup when they thought it was brave warrior.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
In the end I believe Jesus decides if you're Christian or not. I would say go for it, fix it Mr. Devil.

Jeremiah Ames

The post is very difficult to read and understand exactly what you are asking.
I got lost when you said I would live as nonsecular and non religious.
How can that happen simultaneously? I must be missing the point, sorry.

Father

Devourer of Truth
That makes sense. This is Japanese, if I'm not mistaken. They've probably picked up a symbol, changed it a bit and said this looks cool. Kind of like those people who get kanji tattoos that mean fish soup when they thought it was brave warrior.
oh its actually funny they take english words slap them on tshirts because they think it looks cool. lol
its like we do that with their language.

Father

Devourer of Truth
The post is very difficult to read and understand exactly what you are asking.
I got lost when you said I would live as nonsecular and non religious.
How can that happen simultaneously? I must be missing the point, sorry.
you make a deal with satan can fix your countries problems but you can no longer follow God or be religious.

Jeremiah Ames

Still an unrealistic question, if you believe in God.
Satan IS the reason the country is the way it is.
And there is a way to fix all the country’s problems.
But the people don’t want it.
The people get what they want.
And they want what we have.
So just bacause one person or a few want to fix it, it can’t get fixed, cuz too many people don’t want that. In order to fix the problems, you would have to take away the free will of humans. Even if we assume that satan had that power, then all humans would have to be robots in order to accept it.

Father

Devourer of Truth
So just bacause one person or a few want to fix it, it can’t get fixed, cuz too many people don’t want that. In order to fix the problems, you would have to take away the free will of humans.

you have issue with how having magic cant really fix anything but are totally fine believing a sky God created a man from dust and a women from a rib and had them in a garden where all the animals didn't eat each other. not to mention a magic boat that allowed everyone *a family and some animals* survive a massive flood that the earth does not even have enough water even with all the ice melting, to produce.

and you take issue with the unrealistic question of making a deal with satan at the cost of your faith?

Father

Devourer of Truth
So just bacause one person or a few want to fix it, it can’t get fixed, cuz too many people don’t want that. In order to fix the problems, you would have to take away the free will of humans. Even if we assume that Satan had that power, then all humans would have to be robots in order to accept it.

if this satan is the cause of all problems certainly him giving you some magical power to fix it would be in the realm of possibilities?

of course, the question is unrealistic the bible is also. its simply a mental ponderance of is some one's faith worth more to them than the power to actually make the world a better place. even if the origin of the power is from one's enemy