• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Day in the Life.

Justanatheist

You know i just don't think of gods at all except when im on RF and a believer is insisting their god did this, god did that or some atheist or other is telling me how they didn't think of god :rolleyes:
That was kind of the point I was trying to make, other than when I thinking about it afterwards the thought of a god never entered my head during the entire day. I just do not relate it to my normal life. Since I have never had a god it is hard to imagine what its like to have all those rules and stuff to think about. Life is confusing enough without gods.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
That was kind of the point I was trying to make, other than when I thinking about it afterwards the thought of a god never entered my head during the entire day. I just do not relate it to my normal life. Since I have never had a god it is hard to imagine what its like to have all those rules and stuff to think about. Life is confusing enough without gods.

Im with you there but recently understood that it works the other way too. A god believer simply cannot comprehend a life without a god looking over his/her shoulder 24/7

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
This was prompted by a reply in another thread asking what atheists talked about in the DIR and it got me thinking how does our non belief actually works in our daily lives, so here is my day in the life of a non believer.

Woke up to sun shining through the window. I did not believe a god had dragged the sun across the sky with his chariot.

Turned over and cuddled the misses and gave her a kiss. I did not believe we are living in sin because we are not married and some god does not like that.

Cooked and ate a lovely bacon sandwich, I did not believe I should not eat it or that it had to be bled to death rather than humanly killed because some unseen god tells me so. A pig is an unclean animal but I do not believe that with 21st century food hygiene that matters at all.

Left to visit my mum who is an epileptic, I did not believe that she is possessed by demons, jinns or an evil spirt.

Stopped the bike at Watergate Bay where there was an amazing rainbow out over the sea and just sat there having a *** in awe of nature. I never though a god was making a new covenant, I thought it is amazing what happens when light passes through water.

Visited Mum and then popped in to see my daughter who is a *******. I did not believe that because me and my ex were not married we could not produce a loving and wonderful child. Thankfully she does not have either her mothers temper or mine!

Popped into see my lesbian friend Shaz and her new partner, I did not believe they are going to burn in a fiery pit of hell because of who they chose to love.

Spent the evening listening to records including Beethoven's Choral, I do not believe in the god it worships but I appreciate the wonder of the human voice.

Went to bed and did not believe I would be visited by any ghosts or spirts, slept like a log.

So that was my day of unbelief, how was yours?

I wake up 6am for meds. May go running before 8 depending on how early they call me in to work. Today, we have shipment coming to the store so I'm busy taking orders.

Then after break-eat and a quick RF check since they imprisoned my phone-I get home. Sometimes I fall straight to sleep other times I'm on the computer doing school work and on and off RF.

In the evenings I meditate, wash the dishes, and head to bed.

The only time I think of a god is on RF and it's too far field to think a deity exist in my head for no more than a second.

If you asked me one day out of the blue do you believe a creator Id think "huh?..." As the question rolls in my head to understand it.

My life is boring and repetitive.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

This is pretty much me in a nutshell. No God concept to really think of it if it comes up at all.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
How strange the profanity filter has taken out ***/cigarette and *******/illegitimate child. Guess it is a religious thing and my non belief made me think they were not naughty words.

Got to see if my favourite west country dish the ****** is profane!

Yes, the profanity filter definitely has its quirks. Sometimes it is actually comical.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I wake up in bed with a naked woman and a dog.

First thing I do is I take the dog out to do her business. Often that is early enough that I see part of the sunrise and I notice the phase of the moon (if it is waning). Then I make coffee for myself and my wife. After feeding the dog and cat, I usually look at RF and the news.

When school is on, I get dressed, go to campus and teach my courses in math. En route, I generally think about some aspect of math (lately, it has been independence results in set theory).

I often send an email to a friend discussing some aspect of philosophy (currently discussing aspects of consciousness), go for a walk, go home and take the dog out again.

Towards evening, my wife (usually) makes dinner, I do the dishes, I play with some language apps (learning Mandarin), and I do some reading (history, math, physics, biology, philosophy are typical).

I think about aspects of religion when on RF, but even there I am more focused on scientific or philosophical issues. As a moderator, I also try to figure out how to promote a better quality of discussion between all the different viewpoints here.

I enjoy life, enjoy beauty, enjoy the world around me. I try to teach and learn and experience. But I don't worry about what some sky daddy is going to think of my actions or thoughts. Occasionally, I feel pity for those who (I feel) waste their lives pursuing fictions. But I guess that is what makes them happy.