• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Day in the Life.

Justanatheist

This was prompted by a reply in another thread asking what atheists talked about in the DIR and it got me thinking how does our non belief actually works in our daily lives, so here is my day in the life of a non believer.

Woke up to sun shining through the window. I did not believe a god had dragged the sun across the sky with his chariot.

Turned over and cuddled the misses and gave her a kiss. I did not believe we are living in sin because we are not married and some god does not like that.

Cooked and ate a lovely bacon sandwich, I did not believe I should not eat it or that it had to be bled to death rather than humanly killed because some unseen god tells me so. A pig is an unclean animal but I do not believe that with 21st century food hygiene that matters at all.

Left to visit my mum who is an epileptic, I did not believe that she is possessed by demons, jinns or an evil spirt.

Stopped the bike at Watergate Bay where there was an amazing rainbow out over the sea and just sat there having a *** in awe of nature. I never though a god was making a new covenant, I thought it is amazing what happens when light passes through water.

Visited Mum and then popped in to see my daughter who is a *******. I did not believe that because me and my ex were not married we could not produce a loving and wonderful child. Thankfully she does not have either her mothers temper or mine!

Popped into see my lesbian friend Shaz and her new partner, I did not believe they are going to burn in a fiery pit of hell because of who they chose to love.

Spent the evening listening to records including Beethoven's Choral, I do not believe in the god it worships but I appreciate the wonder of the human voice.

Went to bed and did not believe I would be visited by any ghosts or spirts, slept like a log.

So that was my day of unbelief, how was yours?

Justanatheist

How strange the profanity filter has taken out ***/cigarette and *******/illegitimate child. Guess it is a religious thing and my non belief made me think they were not naughty words.

Got to see if my favourite west country dish the ****** is profane!

Last edited:

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
This was prompted by a reply in another thread asking what atheists talked about in the DIR and it got me thinking how does our non belief actually works in our daily lives, so here is my day in the life of a non believer.

Woke up to sun shining through the window. I did not believe a god had dragged the sun across the sky with his chariot.

Turned over and cuddled the misses and gave her a kiss. I did not believe we are living in sin because we are not married and some god does not like that.

Cooked and ate a lovely bacon sandwich, I did not believe I should not eat it or that it had to be bled to death rather than humanly killed because some unseen god tells me so. A pig is an unclean animal but I do not believe that with 21st century food hygiene that matters at all.

Left to visit my mum who is an epileptic, I did not believe that she is possessed by demons, jinns or an evil spirt.

Stopped the bike at Watergate Bay where there was an amazing rainbow out over the sea and just sat there having a *** in awe of nature. I never though a god was making a new covenant, I thought it is amazing what happens when light passes through water.

Visited Mum and then popped in to see my daughter who is a *******. I did not believe that because me and my ex were not married we could not produce a loving and wonderful child. Thankfully she does not have either her mothers temper or mine!

Popped into see my lesbian friend Shaz and her new partner, I did not believe they are going to burn in a fiery pit of hell because of who they chose to love.

Spent the evening listening to records including Beethoven's Choral, I do not believe in the god it worships but I appreciate the wonder of the human voice.

Went to bed and did not believe I would be visited by any ghosts or spirts, slept like a log.

So that was my day of unbelief, how was yours?

I am in part fighting other non-believers about what objective reality really is. ;)

Justanatheist

That is a lots of feelings and emotions. :) The same with me.
I do not care if I am just a brain in a vat as long as my perception allows me faggots, peas and chips. I remember reading in a book about WW1 soldiers who did not care if alcohol only gave them an illusion of warmth!

Justanatheist

illusion, who cares!

IMG_5253123.jpg

Profane, who cares!

Justanatheist

It's a US thing. In the US it's an offensive term for a gay man, whereas in the UK (possibly elsewhere) it's just a cigarette.
I think I remember the term used like that in the playground at school, but I have not heard it used like that for getting on for 50 years.

Do not ever use the US word for a bottom in the UK, it has a completely different meaning and is about as insulting as you can get.

Jedster

It's a US thing. In the US it's an offensive term for a gay man, whereas in the UK (possibly elsewhere) it's just a cigarette.

Re f*g
It's also a junior pupil at a public school who does minor chores for a senior pupil. I think Oxford &/or Cambridge use(d) this system

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Do not ever use the US word for a bottom in the UK, it has a completely different meaning and is about as insulting as you can get.

Yes, I'm from the UK and it's a source of some amusement. It doesn't look as if it's filtered here (according the preview) but if you try the other US word that can also refer to a donkey, it's censored but the Brit version is allowed.

Justanatheist

Indeed strange.
I am wondering where spotted dick stands in all this. <grin>
My misses works in the catering industry and one of the big food producers started calling it, spotted Richard.

Faggots peas and chips with spotted dick for a treat with lashings of custard:)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You know i just don't think of gods at all except when im on RF and a believer is insisting their god did this, god did that or some atheist or other is telling me how they didn't think of god :rolleyes: