• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Christian persective of God and Country

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Thank you eveareal and Pah for intervening. I sure know I needed to get away for a little bit. :)

I really enjoyed yesterday's celebration, BTW, so if anyone might have been concerned that participating in such a heated debate ruined my day, it didn't. I let it go.

I also apologize to anyone that I may have caused grief. I realize this is a volatile subject, and even though I have certain opinions about it, I worry that my choice of expression upset some Christian friends here at RF. Since I consider these Christian friends near and dear to my heart, I feel terrible that you were caused so much grief.

I'll try to be less careless in my wording in the future. I promise to be more considerate toward our Christian friends here concerning topics such as these. It's early in the morning here in Illinois, and this was the first thing I wanted to do.............extend the olive branch. I'm sorry, everyone. :foryou:

Peace,
Mystic

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
MidnightBlue said:
I found that kind of thing offensive when I was a Christian, and I'm sure there are other Christians who still do. That kind of triumphalism and bigotry don't have to be integral to Christianity.

I completely agree with you and I am a Christian. Triumphalism of this sort is a very poor reflection on Christian faith. We are told to be humble and to be in the world but not of it. Theocratic triumphalism seems inherently opposed to both those things.

James