• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A "Challange" Thread

Pah

Uber all member
If you have a topic that you might like to defend, post it here in this thread and the "gauntlet" might be picked up.

I would be willing to enter into a one-on-one debate with anyone on most issues dealing with the US Contsitution.

Possible topics
  • "activist" judges
  • basis of Constitutional Law
  • original intent of various constitutional phrases
  • the right to privacy

-pah-

Irenicas

high overlord of sod all
Well, I'm afraid that I don't know enough about that subject, though I would be happy to debate with someone on the subject "Does the Christian God exist?"

huajiro

Irenicas said:
Well, I'm afraid that I don't know enough about that subject, though I would be happy to debate with someone on the subject "Does the Christian God exist?"
What is your stance on it?

I understand that you are Buddhist, but I don't know enough about your religion yet to know if it allows room for other "Gods"

Irenicas

high overlord of sod all
Well, it depends upon your particular beliefs - some forms of Buddhism have a myriad of gods, other have no gods. it's all a bit confusing. My stance would be He does not exist.

huajiro

Irenicas said:
Well, it depends upon your particular beliefs - some forms of Buddhism have a myriad of gods, other have no gods. it's all a bit confusing. My stance would be He does not exist.
My stance is that "God" is the same entity, that we all believe in the same one, we just created different religions based our inability to follow what we are taught to the point. I feel that the differences in the religions are just obstacles created by "man".

Irenicas

high overlord of sod all
Fair enough
I think that a debate between two Buddhists would be reasonable interesting, no?

Irenicas

high overlord of sod all
In that case, I lay down the gauntlet. huajiro, I challenge you to a one on one debate on the subject of "God/gods exist". I will be arguing against.

Do you accept?

Irenicas

high overlord of sod all
Will do.

The terms are thus:

There will be five posts each, the maximum time between posts is four days, if one of us hasn't posted in that time without reasonable excuse (such as internet failure or such) the debate is conceded. Pah has volunteered to chair the debate. Let the bettle commence. I don't mind who posts first, but I will post my first in a day or so if you haven't done so already.

Everyone happy?

huajiro

Irenicas said:
Will do.

The terms are thus:

There will be five posts each, the maximum time between posts is four days, if one of us hasn't posted in that time without reasonable excuse (such as internet failure or such) the debate is conceded. Pah has volunteered to chair the debate. Let the bettle commence. I don't mind who posts first, but I will post my first in a day or so if you haven't done so already.

Everyone happy?
Works for me

Pah

Uber all member
SoulTYPE01 said:
Who will war against me on the "rights of privacy?"

I understood you to be from Australia. If that is so, would you feel confident in a debate around the US Constitution?

-pah-