• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Book Recommendation

Rational Agnostic

I would like to use this thread as an opportunity to give a shout out to Jerry Coyne, author of Why Evolution Is True. I am currently reading this book in my spare time, and I have to say it is one of the best and most thorough defenses of Darwinism that I have ever read. It is a fairly easy read even for laypeople (such as myself) and is quite easy to understand. I strongly recommend this book for all creationists, as well as those who accept evolution but would like to have a more thorough understanding of how it works.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I did enjoy that book. A good followup on the biological side is Climbing Mt. Improbable by Dawkins (yes I know, Dawkins) on the biology side, and Darwin's Dangerous Idea by Dennet on the philosophy side.

Also, just as a random fun book that includes more modern ideas of dinosaur evolution, Feathered Dinosaurs is an excellent, beautifully illustrated book talking about the origin of feathers within the dinosaur lineage and the evolution of birds. https://www.amazon.com/Feathered-Dinosaurs-Origin-John-Long/dp/0195372662

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Sample illustration from that book:
F074s.jpg

Rational Agnostic

I did enjoy that book. A good followup on the biological side is Climbing Mt. Improbable by Dawkins (yes I know, Dawkins) on the biology side, and Darwin's Dangerous Idea by Dennet on the philosophy side.

Also, just as a random fun book that includes more modern ideas of dinosaur evolution, Feathered Dinosaurs is an excellent, beautifully illustrated book talking about the origin of feathers within the dinosaur lineage and the evolution of birds. https://www.amazon.com/Feathered-Dinosaurs-Origin-John-Long/dp/0195372662

I like Dawkins as well, although he gets into the nitty gritty details of the biology that tend to bore me somewhat since I am interested more in the big picture ideas.