• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

72% of religious hate crimes in Los Angeles against Jews

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Screen-Shot-2018-10-18-at-1.28.15-PM.png

The number of hate crimes targeting Jews increased by 4 percent from 2016, from 71 to 68 percent.

Among all targeted groups, Jews were third at 14 percent, behind the LGBT community (21 percent) and blacks (25 percent).

http://jewishjournal.com/news/los_angeles/240494/report-72-l-religious-hate-crimes-targeted-jews/

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
The number of hate crimes targeting Jews increased by 4 percent from 2016, from 71 to 68 percent.

Among all targeted groups, Jews were third at 14 percent, behind the LGBT community (21 percent) and blacks (25 percent).
Not very accurate info, really, is it?
The Jewish Journal obviously has a biased outlook to print such stuff, as explained by a Jewish Journal respondent who wrote in thus:-
Drawing swastikas and antisemtic slogans on walls are signs of racist vandalism tha should be prosecuted as such but they should not be considered "hate crimes" in the manner that physical attacks or verbal attacks certainly are, so these figures are misleading.

They've even trawled in white supremacist slogans which could be included in figures for many other groups.

:shrug:

Ellen Brown

IndigoChild5559

Not very accurate info, really, is it?
The Jewish Journal obviously has a biased outlook to print such stuff, as explained by a Jewish Journal respondent who wrote in thus:-

They've even trawled in white supremacist slogans which could be included in figures for many other groups.

:shrug:
The statistic were not created the Jewish Journal, which only reported them. The statistics were-from a study done by the Los Angeles County Commission on Human Relations.

IndigoChild5559

I'm very surprised at that number. I would have thought that Muslims would be much higher. I'm sorry. Shalom.

Ellen, you have such a good heart!

In some places in the world, such as London, hate crimes against Muslims are higher, in part because there is such a large population of Muslims. But generally speaking, Jews get it worse than Muslims. The FBI statistics for the entire US in general also have hate crimes against Jews considerably higher than against Muslims. Table 1

Jews simply have a different mentality. We do complain, but we complain much less than other targeted minorities. We are not a culture of victims. If we are discriminated against, we'll be twice as good to get in. If we aren't allowed into medical school, we'll form our own medical schools. If society bars us from certain trades, we'll become experts at the trades in which we are accepted. Give us swampland, and we'll turn it into fertile farmland. We know how to thrive despite obstacles.

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
The statistic were not created the Jewish Journal, which only reported them. The statistics were-from a study done by the Los Angeles County Commission on Human Relations.

Then that's where you could have gone for your info.
I'll have a look around for it myself.
And a study on human relations is hardly the place to discover real stats on criminal offences. :p
:facepalm:

But it's no good to take any scrawl from far right nuts, racists, politicos etc and automatically adopt it amongst your own fanclub or hateclub stats.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

OK...... here we go with some original stats, direct from the
Los Angeles County Human Relations Commission. BTW, does this organisation ever employ one whole load of officers, commissioners, secretaries, and goodness only knows who else. Anyway, this very large body discovered 508 hate crimes in 2017, involving Hate Speech, Hate Graffiti, and all Hate violence against the victims.

The most notable victims were :
71 Jewish.
129. Black
33 transgender.
108. Sexual Orientation. LGBT.
52 Mexican.
20 Latino
...and further down the list.....
5 females

...... but the women of Los Angeles can rest easy, because in 2017 in Los Angeles there were only 5 hate crimes committed against women. That has to be a great and safe place for women to live.

Ellen Brown

Ellen, you have such a good heart!

In some places in the world, such as London, hate crimes against Muslims are higher, in part because there is such a large population of Muslims. But generally speaking, Jews get it worse than Muslims. The FBI statistics for the entire US in general also have hate crimes against Jews considerably higher than against Muslims. Table 1

Jews simply have a different mentality. We do complain, but we complain much less than other targeted minorities. We are not a culture of victims. If we are discriminated against, we'll be twice as good to get in. If we aren't allowed into medical school, we'll form our own medical schools. If society bars us from certain trades, we'll become experts at the trades in which we are accepted. Give us swampland, and we'll turn it into fertile farmland. We know how to thrive despite obstacles.

Mashallah.