• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

70's long gone.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Ah, back when it was how good of a musician you were, and not how pretty you looked in the latest metrosexual fashions.

Scott C.

Just one guy
I went from 12 to 22 in this decade. Jr High, High School, girls, ditching school, getting in some trouble, converting to my faith, on a mission, home from a mission. Great memories of a great decade in Orange County, CA. Every LDS youth dance had to end with this song. Ask that one girl you tried to ask to dance all night...

[youtube]w9TGj2jrJk8[/youtube]
Led Zeppelin-Stairway to Heaven - YouTube

Last edited:

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
I really miss the music and style of that time. There was a unique flavor yet to be repeated.

Anyone else care for a 70's concert? Post and let the show go on..........

I'm in like a dirty shirt. I was born in 1960. The 70s were my growing into a young woman days. Whooeee!!! The best music ever for some of the best times ever! ;)

[youtube]PN_YjM4V4fc[/youtube]
Meat Loaf - Paradise By The Dashboard Light - YouTube

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I went from 8 to 18 during the 70s - what a fantastic time to grow from little girl to young woman!

Ahh, those were the days - great music, superbands like the Eagles and Pink Floyd and Aerosmith - and don't forget MoTown! This is the very first song I ever danced to at my first highschool dance:

[youtube]-5EmnQp3V48[/youtube]
The Commodores - Brick House - YouTube

And what about these fashions?

libl70.jpg

acce389.jpg

il_430xN.104146527.jpg

I swear I had a prom dress just like this! And of course my date wore a baby blue tux.

Last edited:

mycorrhiza

Sweden had an awesome political music scene back in the 70s:

[youtube]tLHMX5o5fAc[/youtube]
[youtube]t9JIA3vrwmg[/youtube]
[youtube]Cl2nHZVqkKQ[/youtube]
[youtube]_4T2W91dGJc[/youtube]