• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

7 thousand year old indian city

.lava

Veteran Member
How old do Muslims generally place the earth at? I think it's just some Christians who believe the earth is 6000yrs.

i don't know what Muslims generally believe about age of Earth. i can speak from this side of the globe alone. they say that we are children of 114th Adam (yea there are many Adams) so this cycle is 114th cycle which means Earth is very old. there is something they call 'Nakur year' this is related to Mayan calender as well. there is an orbit that our solar system follows and it completes one spin in 5000+ years. (btw that's what 2012 represents cos nakur year would be over that year yet another one would begin) according to this; 114*5000 (more than 5000 but anyways)....at least for 570.000 years humans has been living on this planet. interesting stuff :)