• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

666- The secret

tmaromine

Oh hear the words of Beelzebub, the Lord of the Flies! Throughout human history mankind has been using numerology to explain a great many things. Men and women have spent countless hours searching Biblical text for special numbers and looking for matrixes. Many people have pridicted who the Anti-Christ will be through impressive numerical calculations. In vain have they searched. I cannot help but laugh to myself whenever anyone uses numerology. Hundreds of Anti-christs have walked on this Earth never ushering in a world empire. Countless times has Armageddon been on our door step, yet tomorrow never comes.

I shall unlock the mystery of mysteries and make all things transpicuous. It is I, Beezlebub the ambassador of Chaos, who have so craftily weaved the lie of numerology. What a beautiful lie it is. It is so perfect, because it distracts men from the true substance of religion. Think about it! If I can get men to be too focused on the small details, they will not see the forest for the trees. Once I can get faithful followers detail oriented, I can cause all sorts of religious strife. Schisms happen, because men refuse to be associated with those who even differ from them slightly. If I can get people to miss the big picture, I have prevailed.

Ah, but you cannot fool me !

Anyway, you meant "yet tomorrow always comes", no ? Or did you mean that the "lasttomorrow never comes" ? ;)

rojse

RF Addict
As i said- and if you looked up the term- a Saros you would have noticed why the division of 37 and 33 were made and why one is perfect and the other is not
As for the significance of the 18 yrs-
If a solar or lunar eclipse happens today it will happen again 18 yrs later with exact detail this will reoccur for 37 times

The Saros cycle of eclipses is based on 6585 1/3 day cycles (approximately eighteen years). I have looked through the Wiki article on the subject, and there is no mention of 33 or 37 divisions there. Perhaps you could provide a link.

There are a number of other cycles that help predict the frequency of an eclipse occuring. None of these contain three sixes, despite the fact that the cycles were displayed in five different ways.

Eclipse cycle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nor have you mentioned why there is a connection between eclipse cycles and the Devil, either.

Malach1

tChild if you really seek after this thing you will find it- if you want to stop at wiki- then do so- My burden is light

rojse

RF Addict
tChild if you really seek after this thing you will find it- if you want to stop at wiki- then do so- My burden is light

If it is not too much trouble, why don't you post your link which gave you the information you have on the subject?

I did search other websites, but they did not have anything of note that wikipedia did not already mention.

Tiberius

orbit here signifies a cycle-- I stand corrected Solar Cycle- takes 666 yrs

Define solar cycle and then please provide a link to a legitimate source which supports this claim.

The only solar cycle I am aware of is the cycle of sunspot activity, and that occurs several times each century.

Aasimar

Atheist
Doesn't seem so miraculous in a base 16 number system, oh well. Guess God knew we would go with base 10 for our math and acted accordingly... <.< >.> (Sarcasm)

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
tmaromine said:
Ah, but you cannot fool me !

Anyway, you meant "yet tomorrow always comes", no ? Or did you mean that the "lasttomorrow never comes" ? ;)

It is hard for an Atheist to write like he is religious. :p

Malach1

what is in you is greater than that which is in world- know this- The wiki- is not the an authority on anything- your authority is "your heart" in ultimately- you shape your reality-

tmaromine

One can shape their reality, and that makes it real to one, but that does not mean one's reality is real. To shape your perception of the world off your own emotions is misleading. Just because the idea of All Great God might comfort you does not guarantee it exists.

Wikipedia is not the omniscient being of the world, but one can't claim all of it data wrong when it disagrees with a mere belief. And you are not omniscient either nor are you more of an authority than Wikipedia. The only way to have any valid 'scients'/knowledge is to support your claims with data that everyone can observe. (Though, it does seem Google is God, for Google seems to know all, no?)

Show us how you are right, and we shall believe. Until you do so, you have been blinded by the latter of the Lights: "There are two kinds of light &#8211; the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures." - James Thurber

May Google bless us all.

rojse

RF Addict
what is in you is greater than that which is in world- know this- The wiki- is not the an authority on anything- your authority is "your heart" in ultimately- you shape your reality-

It may or may not be true, but if I wish to learn about Einstein, Kepler's Laws, or sunspot cycles, my heart does not give any answers, let alone any that I can quote on this forum.

Ozzie

The Sun "wobbles" around the center of mass of the solar system. It takes more than 200 million years for the sun to orbit the galactic center. I think approximately 246 million years. I see no significance.
It is significant because it is the sun that is doing it. On the other hand if it was calculated that it took 246 million years for me to "wobble" around you I would hardly expect you to pay attention.

Numbers are insignificant in and of themselves. We are agreed.

Malach1

I am glad you did not- if you had- two of us would have agreed then- What a wondrous thing it is when two (2) are in agreementt- I tell you this is the greatest fellowship of man and the truest meaning of the word ecclesia-
However it is known that those of the kingdom are Solitary- being called - One out of Ten thousands- Know this

Malach1

I am glad you did not- if you had- two of us would have agreed then- What a wondrous thing it is when two (2) are in agreementt- I tell you this is the greatest fellowship of man and the truest meaning of the word ecclesia-
However it is known that those of the kingdom are Solitary- being called - One out of Ten thousands- Know this

It has become of great importance to me that I begin to speak of great things many of which the completeion I do not know- this is for those who will read and KNOW_ who will become aware