• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

666- The secret

Malach1

What few have known many must come to understand- that from the beginning of time this number has been one most holy- as it is set as the number of years the sun takes to make a full orbit-
Furthermore its association with the Beast of St John's revelation is naught but an uncanny means of disuading public knowlegde of who really is evil

count the number of the stones they are 6 and the number is 616

rojse

RF Addict
If you fixate yourself on a particular number, you will find enough coincidences to make you believe that it is special. There are people that think the number 23 is special, or that 13 is, and so forth. But if they concentrated on the number 22 or 14, or any other number for that matter, they would find many "significant" things behind it, too.

Free4all

It's all about the blood
If you fixate yourself on a particular number, you will find enough coincidences to make you believe that it is special. There are people that think the number 23 is special, or that 13 is, and so forth. But if they concentrated on the number 22 or 14, or any other number for that matter, they would find many "significant" things behind it, too.

Your logic is misguided my friend, there are too many coincidences with certain numbers than can be mathmatically figured.

rojse

RF Addict
Do you believe that all numbers that are deemed special actually are, or only a select set?

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Your logic is misguided my friend, there are too many coincidences with certain numbers than can be mathmatically figured.

Depends on what number you are looking for and what mathematical system you are using...

tmaromine

Wait. Back up a second. What does the sun orbit again ?

People go crazy finding the "miraculous!" 11s in putting together September 11th digits. But they never use one system (addition, multiplication...), nor do they take all numbers into account. Only the ones that work.

32 = 3-2 = 1 and that beside another 1 is 11. Oh no !

666x2 = 1332. 3+3 = 6. 6 + 2+1 = 9. 9÷3 = 3. Three 3s make 666. Oh no.

A 12hour clock twice a day comes to the time 7:06 (666) or 6:16. Might that be an evil sign too ?

I love the number seven. For no real reason. For no religious reason. My birthday has a 7 in it (27) !!! It must mean something... It really means something when I just happened to look at my time and the last digit in the seconds was a 7. Wow. This really is unexplainable, right? Forget your 6s, I think my 7 is telling me something. :rolleyes:

Malach1

then it would also be strange that Daniel who wrote a thousand yrs before St. John- also utilised the number 666 in his writings of the 1260 days -i.e.- through what is known as a Sarotic cycle

Super Universe

Defender of God
When primitive humans finally evolved to the point of making the first purposeful decision the earth was officially registered as the 606th life bearing planet in the area of the universe known as Satania.

For some reason this number has been confused to be 666 and was also incorrectly associated with the rebel Satan because of the similarity of the words Satan and Satania.

gnomon

What few have known many must come to understand- that from the beginning of time this number has been one most holy- as it is set as the number of years the sun takes to make a full orbit-
Furthermore its association with the Beast of St John's revelation is naught but an uncanny means of disuading public knowlegde of who really is evil

count the number of the stones they are 6 and the number is 616

The Sun "wobbles" around the center of mass of the solar system. It takes more than 200 million years for the sun to orbit the galactic center. I think approximately 246 million years. I see no significance.

Malach1

a perfect solar moment- is 666 yrs
Daniels 1260 yrs is divided such in a 70 yr Saros
37 by 18 equals 666
33 by 18 equals 594

37 representing the perfect cycle of 18 yr odd it takes for an eclipse to repeat
33 representing the inperfect cycle of 18 yrs
37 and 33 adding up to equal the 70 years of his prophecy

gnomon

I knew I shouldn't have taken those science courses. Then I could understand this discussion.

rojse

RF Addict
then it would also be strange that Daniel who wrote a thousand yrs before St. John- also utilised the number 666 in his writings of the 1260 days -i.e.- through what is known as a Sarotic cycle

Perhaps John used the number that Daniel used.

And there is nothing to say that numerology was not about thousands of years ago, either.

Tiberius

The Galactic Center of the Milky Way.....

The galaxy is 100,000 lightyears across. The sun orbits about halfway out. That means that the sun is (according to you) travelling over 150,000 lightyears in less than a millenium. Unless the sun is travelling faster than light, that claim is just wrong.

tmaromine

Ok, I was wondering if it was cycle that you meant.

And like one's said, I'm sure mathematics took a part in life back then too. What if a mathematician was just understanding some new concept, and being the usual back then, he took it as one more understanding of God's magical world ?

It seems a lot easier to multiply 70 and 18 to get 1260 than a man having (a miraculously crazy, mind you,) age of 1260 that happens to be divisible by 70 and getting 33 and 37 and 18 or whatever. I'll be obliged to sit in a corner rocking back and forth if this human age of 1260 is claimed real, as Noah's or whoever's age of 600, or whatever.

And, er, are we speaking of the same (IE, real) solar cycle ?... I didn't read it, but I did search 666 and 616, and neither seem to be on there.

rojse

RF Addict
There are lots of solar cycles, but I cannot find any that are 666 years long.

The average duration of the sunspot cycle is 11.07 years, but has varied between 9 and 14 years. That is nowhere near 666 years.

Amazingly, if you multiply 11.07 years by 60.163, you will end up exactly with 666. Unfortunately, I cannot find any significance behind 60.163, so it's not a good point, is it?

rojse

RF Addict
There are better numbers that you can fixate yourself onto besides 666.

For example, the angle of the moon, viewed from earth, is approximately 0.5º. The angle of the sun, viewed from earth, is also 0.5º. Because of this neat fact, we are able to have eclipses. I think that this coincidence, which has a much more visible impact, is far better than any mathematical tricks you can do to get 666.

Malach1

As i said- and if you looked up the term- a Saros you would have noticed why the division of 37 and 33 were made and why one is perfect and the other is not
As for the significance of the 18 yrs-
If a solar or lunar eclipse happens today it will happen again 18 yrs later with exact detail this will reoccur for 37 times

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Oh hear the words of Beelzebub, the Lord of the Flies! Throughout human history mankind has been using numerology to explain a great many things. Men and women have spent countless hours searching Biblical text for special numbers and looking for matrixes. Many people have pridicted who the Anti-Christ will be through impressive numerical calculations. In vain have they searched. I cannot help but laugh to myself whenever anyone uses numerology. Hundreds of Anti-christs have walked on this Earth never ushering in a world empire. Countless times has Armageddon been on our door step, yet tomorrow never comes.

I shall unlock the mystery of mysteries and make all things transpicuous. It is I, Beezlebub the ambassador of Chaos, who have so craftily weaved the lie of numerology. What a beautiful lie it is. It is so perfect, because it distracts men from the true substance of religion. Think about it! If I can get men to be too focused on the small details, they will not see the forest for the trees. Once I can get faithful followers detail oriented, I can cause all sorts of religious strife. Schisms happen, because men refuse to be associated with those who even differ from them slightly. If I can get people to miss the big picture, I have prevailed.