• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

666 nautical miles between the Kaaba and Jerusalem

Onoma

This has been pointed out numerous times by numerous people in the past few years

Several " refutations " of the apparent significance of this include:

~ Nautical miles weren't a unit until quite recently
~ Nobody knows the precise location of the original Kaaba or supposed wall of Solomon's Temple, or even if it was part of Solomon's temple, or another structure
~ " numerology " is for fools

Now, I'm not trying to rub anything in here, or troll anybody like a jerk, but the last thread I posted it turned out that after the mocking ran out of gas, people who knew it all already, didn't know the most basic of topics { education in metrology, history of mathematics and mathematical astronomy and " numerology / gematria ", Mesopotamian history, etc } so I have decided that obviously I bored people to death and there is no point in going further { unless you are interested of course ..... }

What I am interested in, however, is what the masses { you } have to say about this distance between the two holy sites

Most often you will hear the stereotypical explanations for ' the devil ' { please read links in red below, for the sake of the discussion at least ]

Mind you I am not the type of person who thinks the " devil " is a little red guy with horns, or that the president of the United States is a holographic inter-dimensional Jewish moon lizard but rather that this comes from the Levite " scapegoat " ritual

scapegoat-300x179.jpg

in which a red ribbon was tied to the goats horns { for which exist several explanations according to traditional literature }, having roots in Canaanite religion { or possibly others }

...anyway, not to get too far off track here, I want to hear what you think about think about this

In other words,

Why does it look like somebody left the area of " Solomon's temple " in Jerusalem, traveling a distance in units that is based on Sumerian mathematics referencing a highly precise mathematical system of astronomy, in a direction that can only accurately be determined by a type of map that supposedly was not invented until thousands of years after Sumerian mathematical astronomers in Uruk, and built a structure that is based on mathematical astronomy, including it's minor and major axis [ the Kaaba } which reference the axial tilt of the earth { 66.6 degrees from the ecliptic } ?

2zdwt4k.jpg

Or for that matter, anything from anybody in any system of belief or religions who has anything interesting to add

Thanks

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
So what's for discussion?

Are you saying Muslims claim that there are 666 nautical miles between the two sites and therefore it's magical?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.

Why does it look like somebody left the area of " Solomon's temple " in Jerusalem, traveling a distance in units that is based on Sumerian mathematics referencing a highly precise mathematical system of astronomy, in a direction that can only accurately be determined by a type of map that supposedly was not invented until thousands of years after Sumerian mathematical astronomers in Uruk, and built a structure that is based on mathematical astronomy, including it's minor and major axis [ the Kaaba } which reference the axial tilt of the earth { 66.6 degrees from the ecliptic } ?

2zdwt4k.jpg

Or for that matter, anything from anybody in any system of belief or religions who has anything interesting to add

Thanks
Peace be on you.
According to Islamic resources, Kaaba is the oldest house of Lord on earth, it is also called 'baitil ateeq' in Quran.

Note 1948 @
https://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/?page=677&region=EN&CR=E1,E2&CR=E1,E2
image692.gif

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Is that 666 nautical miles on the ground, as the crow flies or directly through the earth?

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
its also 666 units of measure from Washington DC to Philadelphia, the founding cities of the USA.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
This has been pointed out numerous times by numerous people in the past few years

~ Nobody knows the precise location of the original Kaaba or supposed wall of Solomon's Temple, or even if it was part of Solomon's temple, or another structure

Now, I'm not trying to rub anything in here, or troll anybody like a jerk, but the last thread I posted it turned out that after the mocking ran out of gas, people who knew it all already, didn't know the most basic of topics { education in metrology, history of mathematics and mathematical astronomy and " numerology / gematria ", Mesopotamian history, etc } so I have decided that obviously I bored people to death and there is no point in going further { unless you are interested of course ..... }

What I am interested in, however, is what the masses { you } have to say about this distance between the two holy sites

That's about what I have to say this. How about picking a unit of distance that isn't over a thousand years younger than whatever you're trying to sell? More than that, which nautical mile? Because if you're using the old ones, nigh-every country until relatively recently had their own standard for a "nautical mile".

Please stop using modern scientific units like they mean anything to some half-baked "prophecy" based on tidbits of lore written down by goat-herders living in the desert.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Last edited:

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
its also 666 units of measure from Washington DC to Philadelphia, the founding cities of the USA.
Uh-oh. The devil is in the details.

It's 333 nautical miles between my house and the university one of my son is at. I guess it makes me a half-beast only. :D

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
I'd say anyone that measures distances over a desert in nautical miles is aquatically challenged.
Haven't you heard that the camels being the "ships of the desert"? :D

But yeah. I agree with you. Why use nautical miles in the desert? That's quite strange.

morphesium

Most often you will hear the stereotypical explanations for ' the devil ' { please read links in red below, for the sake of the discussion at least ]

Mind you I am not the type of person who thinks the " devil " is a little red guy with horns, or that the president of the United States is a holographic inter-dimensional Jewish moon lizard but rather that this comes from the Levite " scapegoat " ritual

scapegoat-300x179.jpg

in which a red ribbon was tied to the goats horns { for which exist several explanations according to traditional literature }, having roots in Canaanite religion { or possibly others }

...anyway, not to get too far off track here, I want to hear what you think about think about this

In other words,

2zdwt4k.jpg

Thanks
From the site https://www.daftlogic.com/ the distance between Western wall, Jerusalem and Kaaba is 811.853 Miles. A nautical mile is a unit of distance, set by international agreement as being exactly 1852 meters or 1.150779 Miles.(courtesy Wikipedia).

811.853 /1.150779 = 705.48.

Since we have many more non-standard definitions for nautical mile, or by selecting a different spot in Jerusalem , one can easily tune the answer to get 666, but then there is no point in doing this.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
FWIW, I tried measuring in Google Earth and got 666.7 nm from the Kaaba to the Temple Mount.

Still, remember what the test really was here: it wasn't "what's the significance of the distance from Jerusalem to the Kaaba?" It's "can I find a number I consider interesting when measuring between any two point I consider significant?"

Onoma

Lol, see this is what i mean

You guys are full of smart alec comments but don't seem to know the most basic metrology

Nautical miles were used for navigation because it's part of the system of metrology that uses a flat projection map that projects to the celestial sphere { projective geometry }

I suggest you learn arc seconds and minutes and you won't look so silly

Onoma

yup, your attempts to measure the distances are " prove me wrong " are completely moot, here's why

~ Nobody even has proof that the " western wall ' is actually part of Solomon's temple, but I already stated that in the opening post { you don't seem to read well }

~ The Kaaba has been destroyed and rebuilt several times and nobody can prove its original location

The fact remains that nautical miles were in use in the ancient world, and whoever chose the location originally was edept at mathematical astronomy

Unless of course you want to try claiming that they were all ignorant goat herders, which in that case I'd have to ask why you don't even know the math that ignorant goat herders knew several thousand years ago ?

Google does not actually make you knowledgeable

Onoma

I'd say anyone that measures distances over a desert in nautical miles is aquatically challenged.

FWIW, I tried measuring in Google Earth and got 666.7 nm from the Kaaba to the Temple Mount.

Still, remember what the test really was here: it wasn't "what's the significance of the distance from Jerusalem to the Kaaba?" It's "can I find a number I consider interesting when measuring between any two point I consider significant?"

I keep hearing that from you guys, but yet it seems that you don't know math

If you knew math you could use math to disprove the math I presented in my other thread { where did everybody go when it got serious ? }

Not trying to be a jerk here, but I am gladly calling you guys out, especially when there's so much snark

You can make all the comments you want, but unless you can actually prove what I am saying is not true { which requires math to prove things }

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
yup, your attempts to measure the distances are " prove me wrong " are completely moot, here's why

~ Nobody even has proof that the " western wall ' is actually part of Solomon's temple, but I already stated that in the opening post { you don't seem to read well }

~ The Kaaba has been destroyed and rebuilt several times and nobody can prove its original location

The fact remains that nautical miles were in use in the ancient world, and whoever chose the location originally was edept at mathematical astronomy

Unless of course you want to try claiming that they were all ignorant goat herders, which in that case I'd have to ask why you don't even know the math that ignorant goat herders knew several thousand years ago ?

Google does not actually make you knowledgeable
How many combinations of locations and units of measurement had to be tried (by you or others) before you found this one?

How often do you think we would find combinations with interesting results based on random chance alone?

Onoma

" According to Islamic resources, Kaaba is the oldest house of Lord on earth "

Well, there are many " Kaaba " { cube } left from earlier religions and civilizations, actually, if we want to be comprehensive

also, the Kaaba in Quran has many names

Also, since mathematical forensics and ancient languages are actually my forte, I'd like to point out this congruence between your Kaaba and the mathematics of the Bible and the topic of this thread

2nr3vcp.jpg

Please continue

:cool: