• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

6 Weeks

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
It's a sad choice to make and I'm sure it's not done as lightly as perceived in this thread. My question would be why anyone all rape victims make sound decisions about abortions. We make many decisions in trauma and regret it later.

Quick lookup

Abortion may cause more trauma for rape victims - Sidney Daily News

I mean,maybe some women heal faster than others, but honestly that doesn't make sense.

As for holding the baby to term, that's a rock in a hard place. If of sound mind,I'd carry it to term but everyone's different in their morals.
That question cuts both ways. Why are you asking about abortions, but not pregnancies? What makes you think that a rape victim would be less traumatized after having been gaslit into going through a pregnancy with an unwanted child?

At this point it seems to me like you're "asking questions" merely to confirm your already preconceived ideas about this issue, and are no longer interested in looking at both sides of the issue.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
That question cuts both ways. Why are you asking about abortions, but not pregnancies? What makes you think that a rape victim would be less traumatized after having been gaslit into going through a pregnancy with an unwanted child?

At this point it seems to me like you're "asking questions" merely to confirm your already preconceived ideas about this issue, and are no longer interested in looking at both sides of the issue.

You totally confused me with these assumptions. I don't know which applies to me or am I scapegoat for how you feel about non-pro life people. I'm not sure.

My stance is

1. I don't agree with abortion at all
2. I do not believe rape is a justification for abortion
3. I do believe that people who have been raped may not be of sound mind to make decisions. They may regret it
4. Asking about carrying to term, I'd say that's a rock in a hard place (I never picked a side in this-just said its a hard decision if I were to make one)
5. If it were me and I were of sound mind, I would carry the baby to term
6. Everyone is different.

Don't know how that relates to pregnancies. I just said I would personally carry it to term and its a rock in a hard place when giving decision of a traumatized women to carry a baby to term or abort it. Whatever you insert in that statement, is an assumption.

Please ask for clarification first and make conclusions about my side thereafter.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
You totally confused me with these assumptions. I don't know which applies to me or am I scapegoat for how you feel about non-pro life people. I'm not sure.

My stance is

1. I don't agree with abortion at all
2. I do not believe rape is a justification for abortion
3. I do believe that people who have been raped may not be of sound mind to make decisions. They may regret it
4. Asking about carrying to term, I'd say that's a rock in a hard place (I never picked a side in this-just said its a hard decision if I were to make one)
5. If it were me and I were of sound mind, I would carry the baby to term
6. Everyone is different.

Don't know how that relates to pregnancies. I just said I would personally carry it to term and its a rock in a hard place when giving decision of a traumatized women to carry a baby to term or abort it. Whatever you insert in that statement, is an assumption.
The question of abortion relates extremely closely to pregnancy, don't you think? I don't think the question whether a traumatized woman ought to carry a fetus to term is to be ignored when debating whether she ought to abort it. If abortion after rape is an issue, then carrying out a pregnancy after rape is the other side of the same issue. If the former is a moral problem, then so is the latter.

And I want to stress that I worded my post the way I did because before this response to it, you have only ever framed the moral problem around abortion, and never pregnancy, even though in my opinion, they are two sides of the same issue.

By your own argument, a rape victim agreeing to your stance would still not be of sound mind, by the way, so they would not be making a sound decision either way.

Please ask for clarification first and make conclusions about my side thereafter.
Okay. Here's a question for clarification: Why did you keep insinuating that female rape victims are unable to make sound decisions, but only ever focus on the decision of whether to abort or not? This hyperfocus gives me the impression that you're trying to find a way to justify taking away the decisionmaking of certain women as it pertains to their pregnancy - and only in that area, and I would like to know if you are aware of this and how this relates to your assurance that your position is pro choice in this debate?