• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

550 great questions for George!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
@JustGeorge
Did you ever plan on telling Sam that his interrupting you during meditation, became a confirmation to some crazy guy online, that Samson interrupted him during meditation, said he wants to be Uncle Sam, and me to be Son of Sam, and this led to the Gettysburg coincidence, that led to my discovery of Gettysburg being named after "Sam Getty", meaning Sam was my confirmation today that Samson interrupted my prayers and meditations to call me "Son of Sam?":p

Don't feel like you have to tell him, but I thought I'd ask, because I have to come up with 550 questions for George! ;)

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
@JustGeorge
Do you or Sam ever dabble in voodoo? As two "Demon wolves" it goes with the name. :p

Well, I wouldn't say I dabble with it, but I do have a soft spot for Papa Legba. That gets into a....complicated story, and one I'm not going to share in open forums. If you really want to hear it, you'll have to PM me about it. :)

Sam dabbled in his youth... not real responsibly. He mostly maintains a distance from it now.

The name of this band is "Wall of Voodoo"

I'm thinking of adding a title to my Shinto prayer wall, and calling it "wall of Voodoo", and rewriting the Song "Mexican radio".

In the Chorus , instead of saying "I'm on a Mexican radio".
I say
"I'm on a Shinto radio
A radio with Emperor Hirohito"...

Instead of "I feel a hot wind, on my shoulder"

I say "I feel Divine wind, on my shoulder"

I can't listen to the song right now, because I'm trying to get Yudhi to go to sleep, but if you think adding a title to your wall and changing some words to suit your needs will be meaningful, you should do it!

I feel their sacrifices, even though for a bad cause in WW2, will be rewarded, because they were young, drafted, brainwashed, and many suffered tremendously, and were just trying to sacrifice for their loved ones , and die for country and Emperor.

Drafted... brainwashed... also, misinformed so much of the time... my heart always hurts for those in war, on both sides. So many people in pain..

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
@JustGeorge
Did you ever plan on telling Sam that his interrupting you during meditation, became a confirmation to some crazy guy online, that Samson interrupted him during meditation, said he wants to be Uncle Sam, and me to be Son of Sam, and this led to the Gettysburg coincidence, that led to my discovery of Gettysburg being named after "Sam Getty", meaning Sam was my confirmation today that Samson interrupted my prayers and meditations to call me "Son of Sam?":p

Don't feel like you have to tell him, but I thought I'd ask, because I have to come up with 550 questions for George! ;)

I read that to him just now. :D

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Why are you such a good person?:greenheart:

It is just such a sick bankrupt, Spiritually starved, impoverished world, where even billionaires are more poor than some of the starving children in Haiti sometimes.

Some guy boasting of how wealthy he is, how much credit and children he has, and he called me a "toothless tweaker" today (even though I can prove I have all my teeth online or off, and I have been sober well over 99.9% of the time since last May 11).

Oh , and the same man told me "**** off and die!" Today.

I suppose God sends me people like that to test my patience, and teach me "but by the grace of the Kami, there go I".

And people like that remind how fortunate this sick world is, to have people like @JustGeorge :heart:

Ares and Yudhi and LeeAnder don't know how lucky they are to have a mom like you, who also cares enough to give them a decent education!

I had a mother who was a terrible example, she was a doctor always on call, cheating on Dad. She later repented, but still avoids really taking full accountability, and instead offers an apology for the wrong things, for the wrong reasons, tries to place blame on others, and say she is sorry she didn't do more to protect us from them, rather than fully acknowledge what she did! She even denies it!

But all of her children, would have turned out way differently if she had been living a responsible life that wasn't hedonistic.

She actually is the reason I initially became a drug addict, by prescribing a medication that is a controlled hypnotic substance that got me high when I was 12, (I was too young, and she knew better), and the parties she threw on New Years and other occasions, and what was in the house, was terrible for children, morals, innocence, and faith! :(

But I've lived many months in the worst ghetto of Buffalo New York, to know a lot of people have worse mothers, or no mother.

I would have been better off if my mom left me up for adoption though. The average people who adopt children would have been more stable, responsible, healthier, and had higher moral standards than her!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Why are you such a good person?:greenheart:

I'm no better than anyone else. I get lazy sometimes, I am rather untidy with my flour, I sometimes get upset about petty things, I'm a real jerk in the morning, and I'm super forgetful. We're all good at some stuff, and we all have stuff we need to work on.

It is just such a sick bankrupt, Spiritually starved, impoverished world, where even billionaires are more poor than some of the starving children in Haiti sometimes.

Some guy boasting of how wealthy he is, how much credit and children he has, and he called me a "toothless tweaker" today (even though I can prove I have all my teeth online or off, and I have been sober well over 99.9% of the time since last May 11).

I wish success and progress was measured more in how much positive influence a person had, rather than how much junk and money they have.

Oh , and the same man told me "**** off and die!" Today.

I suppose God sends me people like that to test my patience, and teach me "but by the grace of the Kami, there go I".

I'm sorry you had to put up with that, and I'm sorry he's so miserable he feels its okay to let garbage like that come out of his mouth. Miserable people tend to say miserable things.

I had a mother who was a terrible example, she was a doctor always on call, cheating on Dad. She later repented, but still avoids really taking full accountability, and instead offers an apology for the wrong things, for the wrong reasons, tries to place blame on others, and say she is sorry she didn't do more to protect us from them, rather than fully acknowledge what she did! She even denies it!

But all of her children, would have turned out way differently if she had been living a responsible life that wasn't hedonistic.

She actually is the reason I initially became a drug addict, by prescribing a medication that is a controlled hypnotic substance that got me high when I was 12, (I was too young, and she knew better), and the parties she threw on New Years and other occasions, and what was in the house, was terrible for children, morals, innocence, and faith! :(

But I've lived many months in the worst ghetto of Buffalo New York, to know a lot of people have worse mothers, or no mother.

I would have been better off if my mom left me up for adoption though. The average people who adopt children would have been more stable, responsible, healthier, and had higher moral standards than her!

Ouch. :( It sounds like your mother could do some growing up, if you don't mind me saying so. It stinks when the person that is supposed to be guiding us can't act appropriately themselves(especially when it does long term damage, like in your case). I'm sorry. :(

You and Sam could trade mother stories, I bet. With the abuse she put him through, he's lucky to be alive. He was fortunate that she abandoned him when he was 12. Though, he's thankful for his life, as he almost wasn't. Her mother ripped her out of an abortion clinic... otherwise, he wouldn't be here if not for her. He says it makes him appreciate more.

My mother was decent to me, but she stopped mothering when I was about 17. I was fine with that; I just moved out. My sisters suffered, though. I wanted custody of the youngest when I left, as I was the only one who could handle her. Of course, they didn't grant that. She had a miserable childhood, and it turned into a miserable adulthood. Our therapist agreed at one point, it would have been better if she'd gone with me. But, that was all a long time ago...