• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

550 great questions for George!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
ThE only way I didn't drown, was I began going to the bottom and kicking off the rocks, until the rapids took me downstream.

By the time I made it to shore, I was blind from oxygen deprivation and exhaustion, with a splitting headache lasting the rest of the day.

I can't believe people die like that! :(

Spiderman

Veteran Member
@JustGeorge
Although you are pretty and look about 32, I liked you better when I thought you were in your 60's, because now I can't look to you as a Spiritual mother anymore! You talk like you are much wiser and older! That is actually supposed to be a compliment, just a weird choice of words! :p

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
@JustGeorge
Although you are pretty and look about 32, I liked you better when I thought you were in your 60's, because now I can't look to you as a Spiritual mother anymore! You talk like you are much wiser and older! That is actually supposed to be a compliment, just a weird choice of words! :p

Sorry about that...

I'll post a picture after a day the family has ran me through the wringer. Maybe after a two hour hysterical tantrum with Ares... Then I'll look about 72.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I hadn't thought that far. Blue, I think. Its my favorite. I just hope nobody puts me in dumb clothes. I'll have LeeAnder pick. He's very particular about which of my clothes are good, and which suck(and can be vocal about it).

I imagine my cats will be waiting for me somewhere... perhaps Tabby will unshell some M&Ms for me. I am fortunate because I have a happy now, too. I didn't always, so I really do appreciate the good life I have right now.

How did you end up in a flood damn? That sounds terrifying!
I ended up in the damn being an idiot.

I was at a fair in Minnesota, got bored, went walking to a river that had a damn and some nice rapids. I didn't have shorts or swimming trunks, so I stripped down into my underwear and decided to cross the river, and let the nice gnarly rapids push me down the stream for fun. Instead of them pushing me down, they sucked my dumb *** in! Everywhere I swam, the rapids just pushed me back to the same place.

If something never told me to swim to the bottom and start kicking off the rocks until I got out of that rut, I would have died. Because I was blind when I made it to land, couldn't see for a while, I think that qualifies as a near death experience, and I didn't have much longer to get stuck there, if something hadn't told me to go to the bottom and kick off the rocks! :eek:

After kicking off the rocks a few times, I hit a lucky rapid that took me underneath a bridge and onto a patch of sand! Even after getting free from the damn though, I still thought I was dead meat though, because I didn't know where the rapids were taking me. I got lucky!:oops:

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I ended up in the damn being an idiot.

I was at a fair in Minnesota, got bored, went walking to a river that had a damn and some nice rapids. I didn't have shorts or swimming trunks, so I stripped down into my underwear and decided to cross the river, and let the nice gnarly rapids push me down the stream for fun. Instead of them pushing me down, they sucked my dumb *** in! Everywhere I swam, the rapids just pushed me back to the same place.

If something never told me to swim to the bottom and start kicking off the rocks until I got out of that rut, I would have died. Because I was blind when I made it to land, couldn't see for a while, I think that qualifies as a near death experience, and I didn't have much longer to get stuck there, if something hadn't told me to go to the bottom and kick off the rocks! :eek:

After kicking off the rocks a few times, I hit a lucky rapid that took me underneath a bridge and onto a patch of sand! Even after getting free from the damn though, I still thought I was dead meat though, because I didn't know where the rapids were taking me. I got lucky!:oops:

You really did get lucky! What a traumatic experience. Glad you're still with us to tell the tale.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You really did get lucky! What a traumatic experience. Glad you're still with us to tell the tale.
I'm sometimes glad I'm still with you all!

Of course, having you as an internet friend, makes me glad sometimes that I survived my jump off the three story building too! :)

I'm actually very fortunate I didn't wind up in a wheelchair for life!

But yeah, practically drowning, and getting that low on oxygen, and exhausted to the point where I stand up on the shore, and can't see ****, is extremely scary! I have had mixed feelings from time to time about whether I am actually lucky for surviving!

But if you ever get stuck in a similar situation, don't waste your energy treading water and screaming for help, or trying to swim away. Push forcefully to the bottom, if it isn't extremely deep, and kick as hard as you can against the rocks at the bottom, to try and get out of the binding rapids that suck you in (and keep you in the rut), and try to catch and ride a rapid that pushes you down instead! Typically when you get down a little ways, the rapids push you down away from the damn, rather than in.

But close to the damn they kinda suck you in. They can also spin you in circles too! :eek:

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm sometimes glad I'm still with you all!

Of course, having you as an internet friend, makes me glad sometimes that I survived my jump off the three story building too! :)

I'm actually very fortunate I didn't wind up in a wheelchair for life!

But yeah, practically drowning, and getting that low on oxygen, and exhausted to the point where I stand up on the shore, and can't see ****, is extremely scary! I have had mixed feelings from time to time about whether I am actually lucky for surviving!

But if you ever get stuck in a similar situation, don't waste your energy treading water and screaming for help, or trying to swim away. Push forcefully to the bottom, if it isn't extremely deep, and kick as hard as you can against the rocks at the bottom, to try and get out of the binding rapids that suck you in (and keep you in the rut), and try to catch and ride a rapid that pushes you down instead! Typically when you get down a little ways, the rapids push you down away from the damn, rather than in.

But close to the damn they kinda suck you in. They can also spin you in circles too! :eek:

Really, the fact that you've gotten so close to death twice now, and yes, are still walking and mostly healthy(though you do have troubles with your arm) is quite amazing. Maybe the Gods are watching out for you because you've got a big purpose to fulfill. :)

@JustGeorge did you hear about the shooting outside of a school in your state today?

No, I didn't. I had to look it up. Looks like it was near Des Moines.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Do you take prescription psychiatric medication?

You can feel free to not answer any questions! I don't think you are crazy, just wanted to ask is all.:)

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
@JustGeorge
When you hit a man with a guitar, did it damage to guitar?

A little bit, yes. It dented the corner. It was an electric guitar.

Do you take prescription psychiatric medication?

You can feel free to not answer any questions! I don't think you are crazy, just wanted to ask is all.:)

No, not in years. I used to take some when I had anxiety years ago, but that went away.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If you only knew the craziness I encounter on a regular basis, you'd understand why this didn't register as particularly crazy.

I'm trying! It didn't help that Sam interrupted my meditation, either... now I feel weird and 'out there' because I didn't get to end it properly.

Meh. As well as one can sleep with about 7 cats on them, and an alarm that continuously goes off(Sam thinks he was getting up at 9, and set his alarm for that, and it went off for forever until he was aware enough to shut it off.)

I know! I almost quit the internet because of this.

I didn't have internet for most of my adult life, but when we got it, adjusting to the way people communicate was almost not worth it for me...
Okay,
How long do you meditate in the mornings, are they silent meditations, do you try to not think about anything when you meditate, or do you concentrate on something, and do you usually meditate with prayer beads in your hands?

Why did Sam interrupt your meditation?

Does Sam currently keep candy on the fridge?

Did you ever try to play spoons?

Are my questions annoying you? :p

I prayed clutching those beads you sent me, and sleep clutching them as well, because someone else asked for my other wooden Rosary, and I was pleased to give it to him and win a convert.

Now, I only have your Rosary. Do Hindus call those Rosaries? Rosary means garden of Roses!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Okay,
How long do you meditate in the mornings, are they silent meditations, do you try to not think about anything when you meditate, or do you concentrate on something, and do you usually meditate with prayer beads in your hands?

Just ten minutes right now. Its a habit I fell out of but am trying to build up again. The kind of meditation I'm doing right now is visualization, mostly on the chakra points. I light up a diya in front of my picture of Ganesh, say a prayer to him, and meditate. I don't use my prayer beads(they are called a mala in Hinduism) in the morning currently, but I am going to start using them again at night, and do a round of japa before bed.

Why did Sam interrupt your meditation?

He decided he was going to leave early for work.

Did you ever try to play spoons?

No. Sam had a fit and it kind of ruined the night. He has a habit of doing that on card night, so I canceled it for good. :(

Are my questions annoying you? :p

No, I'm pretty hard to annoy. :)

I prayed clutching those beads you sent me, and sleep clutching them as well, because someone else asked for my other wooden Rosary, and I was pleased to give it to him and win a convert.

Now, I only have your Rosary. Do Hindus call those Rosaries? Rosary means garden of Roses!

I'm so happy you've found them so meaningful! We call them malas.

Interesting about the name rosary... why did the beads come to be called "garden of roses?"

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Just ten minutes right now. Its a habit I fell out of but am trying to build up again. The kind of meditation I'm doing right now is visualization, mostly on the chakra points. I light up a diya in front of my picture of Ganesh, say a prayer to him, and meditate. I don't use my prayer beads(they are called a mala in Hinduism) in the morning currently, but I am going to start using them again at night, and do a round of japa before bed.

No. Sam had a fit and it kind of ruined the night. He has a habit of doing that on card night, so I canceled it for good. :(

Interesting about the name rosary... why did the beads come to be called "garden of roses?"
The Virgin Mary gave the rosary to Saint Dominic , and called it the battering ram against heresy.

The Hail Mary, she called the foundational Stone of the new testament, and she also called it the Angelic salutation, her mysteries, she called it the remedy to the world's ills, that God wish to use to reform the world.

She told him that it would convert the albigensian heretics, and it actually was very successful at doing so.

It was also responsible for the military victory of the naval battle of lepanto, where Mary received the title, Our Lady of victories. That battle saved Italy from the conquest of the Ottoman empire. It was a crusade.

The rosary has been responsible for other incredible military victories, and countless miracles.

Many people when they're around the Virgin Mary and having a vision of her, say she smells like roses. The rosary is called Garden of roses, because the Virgin Mary allegedly told certain Saints, that when they recite their Hail Mary very well, in a state of good grace, each Hail Mary opens up into a beautiful rose, that will be in bloom in heaven for all eternity , in Rose Gardens

With roughly 2 billion Hail Mary said every day, there must be an enormous amount of roses and Rose gardens in heaven. Lol. :D

It's interesting you should ask, because before I read your post, I just got done submitting a post on one of your other threads, where I talk about my favorite mother of modern times, being Eleanor Rose. I guess roses symbolize love too.

Eleanor Rose loved her daughter Denise so much, that after her daughter was murdered for an act of kindness, by a man pretending to be injured, she kept all of her daughter's possessions as they were in her room, when she was alive, kept her car, buried a corpseless casket (when police lost to remains), turned her whole house into a shrine to her daughter, treated her daughter like she was still alive, and I feel she has left me with a responsibility to somewhat keep some of that tradition. :blueheart:

Supposedly, also when you recite the hail mary, which comes out of the scriptures, and was the words of the angel Gabriel to mary, as well as the words of Elizabeth, that made John the Baptist leap in Elizabeth's womb, (also known as the Angelic salutation), when recited well it gives Mary the same joy she felt when she first heard those words from the Angel Gabriel, and God became incarnate in her womb.

It was a very euphoric experience for her, according to what she has told the visionaries.

But in order to give her that kind of joy when you recite the hail mary, you have to recite it well, and have a certain degree of purity of heart.

It's supposed to be powerful even if you don't have a pure heart, but in order for it to truly delight the Blessed Virgin mary as an offering and act of love, one has to have a certain degree of virtue.

Spiderman

Veteran Member

Sam actually interrupted my meditations this morning too, because I felt like the strongest man ever recorded ( that billions of people believe actually existed) Samson, was telling me that he wants to replace Uncle Sam, and that I am to be the Son of Sam (Samson = son and Sam :p )

Samson was from my favorite tribe, the tribe of dan, the Scorpio is assigned to that tribe, as well as The Serpent and the dragon.

Jacob says that his son Dan is a viper that sits on the roadside to strike the heel of the horse, sending the horse and Rider backwards. Sounds like a good friend to have on my side. ;)

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Sam actually interrupted my meditations this morning too, because I felt like the strongest man ever recorded ( that billions of people believe actually existed) Samson, was telling me that he wants to replace Uncle Sam, and that I am to be the Son of Sam (Samson = son and Sam :p )

Samson was from my favorite tribe, the tribe of dan, the Scorpio is assigned to that tribe, as well as The Serpent and the dragon.

Jacob says that his son Dan is a viper that sits on the roadside to strike the heel of the horse, sending the horse and Rider backwards. Sounds like a good friend to have on my side. ;)

I guess those Sams get around, don't they. I've always seemed to have a Sam in my life; the third time was the charm, and I married the 3rd one.

If you come to be Samson's son, does that mean you will lose your strength if you cut your hair?

Ares(my son) always reminded me of Samson, as he is abnormally strong, and was incredibly attached to his very long hair. He lost it due to a prank that didn't go well for him, but his strength remained(though he misses it very much, and sometimes just sits and looks at pictures of people's long hair).

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I guess those Sams get around, don't they. I've always seemed to have a Sam in my life; the third time was the charm, and I married the 3rd one.

If you come to be Samson's son, does that mean you will lose your strength if you cut your hair?

Ares(my son) always reminded me of Samson, as he is abnormally strong, and was incredibly attached to his very long hair. He lost it due to a prank that didn't go well for him, but his strength remained(though he misses it very much, and sometimes just sits and looks at pictures of people's long hair).
I don't know about the hair. I'm not literally a Nazarene, and there's a new covenant with the blood of Jesus christ, so much of the old covenant doesn't apply anymore.

Also, if I am a son of Samson, ("Ted Bunny, the Son of Sam" some Kami call me, because my Chinese zodiac is Fire Bunny, and Matthew and Ted mean the same thing, and I pray to Ted Bundy Victims) that obviously doesn't mean I have close to his strength.

It means I am a spiritual child of his, Son of Uncle Sam (a patriot), someone who prays to him and looks up to him.

Maybe someday , highly unlikely, miraculously I will receive that kind of strength from him, but nothing close now.

People do tell me I am a very strong person though. I've had multiple people tell me that. I had a gay guy repeatedly tell me that he couldn't help but have fervent feelings for me, because of how strong I am.

I don't know what they're talking about to be honest with you. But however, Samson killed a thousand Philistines with the jawbone of a donkey.

A jawbone of a donkey is not a very powerful weapon, and he was fighting people that are like giants.

The Philistines were dreaded, because of how much bigger they were than Israelites, Goliath being 10 feet tall, and the Philistines having a reputation of simply being some of the biggest people and best warriors in the world.

For Samson to take out a thousand heavily armed soldiers of that size, with the jawbone of a donkey, and his ability to tear a lion to pieces with his bare hands that attacked him, and his ability to with his bare hands push the pillars of the Temple of dagon, and the entire Temple came tumbling down upon him, making him the first suicide kamikaze attacker (on an enemy structure) in the world, makes him by far the most strong Hercules type human being to have ever existed (at least amongst those people [that billions of] people believe to have been real historical, incarnate homo sapiens).

Spiderman

Veteran Member
@JustGeorge
Do you or Sam ever dabble in voodoo? As two "Demon wolves" it goes with the name. :p

Although, voodoo is associated with the demonic, it often isn't. It can be very similar to Shinto, native American going on vision quests and contacting ancestral spirits, or Catholics praying to Saints, and consuming the body and blood of Christ.

I knew a lady who claimed voodoo as her Religion, who also attended Catholic mass. Many of them do.

Loa strike me as Kami, Spirits, Heavenly beings.

The name of this band is "Wall of Voodoo"

I'm thinking of adding a title to my Shinto prayer wall, and calling it "wall of Voodoo", and rewriting the Song "Mexican radio".

In the Chorus , instead of saying "I'm on a Mexican radio".
I say
"I'm on a Shinto radio
A radio with Emperor Hirohito"...

Instead of "I feel a hot wind, on my shoulder"

I say "I feel Divine wind, on my shoulder"

Because Kamikaze means"Divine wind", and at Pentecost, the Holy Spirit came as a Kamikaze, a Divine wind, rushing down on the Apostles.

Amaterasu brought two Kamikaze, Divine winds , against Mongolian fleet invading them, on two separate occasions.

One of those attacks was a fleet of 140,000 men. It was the greatest naval disaster ever recorded, at a time where that large of a fleet was far larger than today, because there weren't many people on earth compared to the 21st century.

For example, the revolutionary war was over 7 years long, and less than 30,000 people died in the entire 7 years of war, because there were fewer people on the planet, battles were big, that would be considered small by World War 2 standards.

Centuries before that, when even way less than that many people were on earth compared to the American revolution, a fleet of 140,000 was enormous, and should have been able to conquer Japan because Genghis Khan conquered 40% of earth with roughly that many men.

It was probably the largest fleet in a single operation that earth had ever seen at that time, from the greatest Empire earth had seen up until then.

A Divine wind destroyed much of it when it wasn't typhoon season, and those who made it to shore were wiped out by the Samurai.

It seemed whenever Japan was fighting a just war, Amaterasu protected them. Like when they fought their war with the huge Russian Empire, the Russians had more men deployed, better weapons, and were an enormous Empire of predominantly Caucasian people.

A little Asian Island archipelago defeated them on land and at sea , with fewer men, and Russia surrendered in less than two years. It was the greatest defeat that a predominantly non-caucasian Nation inflicted on a strong Caucasian nation or Empire , since the invention of gun powder!

World War 2 was simply unjust with too many atrocities, so Amaterasu couldn't help her beloved island, because her hands were tied , due to the sins of her people at that dark time in history, I believe.

But every Japanese soldier who died since 1869 is enshrined, their name and birthdates written in a book of souls at Yasukuni Shrine, in a Honden for them to dwell, and people pay homage to them as Divinities.

They even have a Honden shrine for the souls of the enemies who died fighting Japan. The Shinto Religion loves the dead and blesses, enshrines, cares for them, builds houses for them closed to the public, dwelling places reserved for enshrined Kami!

Japan had thousands of brave Kamikaze, fly planes into enemy military targets, and they told each other before Kamikaze missions "we shall meet each other again at Yasukuni Shrine".

Japanese soldiers, sometimes children, would get into Kaiten torpedoes that lock from the outside so you can't escape or surrender, and guide the torpedo to American ships, and crash into them.

Imperial Japanese, were the bravest soldiers of the war, most difficult to get to surrender.

I feel their sacrifices, even though for a bad cause in WW2, will be rewarded, because they were young, drafted, brainwashed, and many suffered tremendously, and were just trying to sacrifice for their loved ones , and die for country and Emperor.

Courage is a virtue I admire very much. And I pray the soldiers of Yasukuni Shrine be redeemed, and use their strengths to do good things for humanity, fight for the right reasons.

I felt like they were my friends before I knew what Shinto was , or knew Yasukuni Shrine existed, and a jacket with a Japanese flag on it showed up at the sidewalk, outside a church, right after receiving holy communion for Japan and Hirohito, which I still wear as my most prized possession!

I felt it was a gift from them. :)